1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
OkieAnon

Lost River

lost river is... lost

KY3

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Sil...503908691.html

the old stockade fence is up where Lost River was, KY 3 says an announcement will come later about it's future.

Kind of surprised that was always a popular ride.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

It will be interesting to see what New thing is coming in.
I guess that is the reason the Cajun Connection is no longer at a SDC and why there was board fencing up and the lake was drained when we were there a few weeks ago???
Old 01-04-2019, 04:14 PM   #3
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
lost river is... lost

KY3

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Sil...503908691.html

the old stockade fence is up where Lost River was, KY 3 says an announcement will come later about it's future.

Kind of surprised that was always a popular ride.
Bummer, I always liked that ride.

Buffalo could fly if we would just stop eating their wings.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Many of us always liked that ride....It was one of the remaining vestiges of the "old" SDC...Where you could get in, grab a gun (OH!! MY!! A G-U-N!! Could THAT be the reason the ride is being torn down???Can't have D-I-X-I-E any more...maybe now can't have a ride with fake G-U-N-S)...and remember back over the decades how great this ride has always been....Yep...the "New and Improved" SDC....
Old 01-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #5
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Many of us always liked that ride....It was one of the remaining vestiges of the "old" SDC...Where you could get in, grab a gun (OH!! MY!! A G-U-N!! Could THAT be the reason the ride is being torn down???Can't have D-I-X-I-E any more...maybe now can't have a ride with fake G-U-N-S)...and remember back over the decades how great this ride has always been....Yep...the "New and Improved" SDC....
If it was the "gun" issue, they could have easily removed the them and left the rest of the ride. Wonder if it was a maintenance/replacement cost/benefit issue and time to move on to something different. The flooded mines is much heavier on "guns" than the lost river ride.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #6
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

From what I have read on the SDC Fans board, there were some water issues and major maintenance issues on the ride.

In the last year of operation for Opryland in Nashville, we rode a similar ride and saw the boat in front of us partially sink going into the station which led to our boat and the boats behind us being stuck for a long period of time. Not a fun experience.....

From what I have read it looks as though the theater where the Cajun Connection performed may also be removed and the Rib House reconstructed in that area ... but plans do change from time to time.

There is also a new stage and backstage area going into Echo Hollow. Should be ready for the 2019 season -- the year of shows.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:18 PM   #7
OkieAnon

I dont remember there being any guns on the Lost River ride but it's been a few years since rode it, a little to much getting soaked for me.

It's kind of sad in a way, there was always something special about that whole area, the water the trees, hope whatever they are going to do they keep the charm of the riverfront area.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:36 AM   #8
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
I dont remember there being any guns on the Lost River ride but it's been a few years since rode it, a little to much getting soaked for me.

It's kind of sad in a way, there was always something special about that whole area, the water the trees, hope whatever they are going to do they keep the charm of the riverfront area.
Not on the ride, but on the "shore", firing a water cannon onto the riders. Could be easily removed, but I really doubt that was the issue. Water leaks and huge water pumps is my guess why it might be time to move on to something new. Maybe the previous poster was confusing the the indoor mine ride which is heavily based on shooting at objects with "light" pistols on the boats.

Last edited by soxster; 01-05-2019 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:22 AM   #9
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

"According to SDC spokesperson Lisa Rau, deconstruction of the ride began about a month ago. Rau said she was surprised the word is just now getting out. But other than that, Rau remained tightlipped about why the ride is being torn down and what might possibly replace it. “I can just say it’s a new project and it’s underway right now and that is all we are saying,” Rau said Friday morning. “It’s a very big deal, but I’m not confirming what it is.”

Rau would not comment if it would be replaced with a ride or something else. She said the project is expected to be complete in 2020."

http://springfieldnewsleader.mo.news...reid=2457d7efe
Old 01-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #10
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

LOL. this is old news.. they started the demolition the first week of November.. Lost River was actually open until then...

Lots of Demo going on,
Lost River,
The Rib House,
Lake Silver,
Most of the "boardwalk",
The little retail shops right next to river,
Dockside Theatre,
just to name a few of the locations that are going good bye
Old 01-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #11
ggh
Super User

I have no doubts that the new features that are going to replace it will be spectacular. I am however in hopes that whatever they replace the lost river with, that it remains a ride that is suitable for older folks and for those who have motion sickness issues.

Lost River and the train were the only two rides that could be ridden by the great grandparents AND the grandchildren in our family, and they could all enjoy it.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #12
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

Here's some video of the area.

Old 01-06-2019, 05:14 PM   #13
Airforce Dad

Lost River

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
There were no guns on lost river. You must be thinking of the Flooded Mine.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #14
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Nope...I know the Flooded Mine has MORE "guns"...but the Lost River also had, what, when we were young, considered guns, or even cannons, in whatever game we were playing...ie, Cowboys and Indians, Pirates, Cops and Robbers, etc...whatever game, be it on the "giving" end, or the "receiving" end, those Guns/Cannons got LOTS of imaginary use by us guys...and even a few of our female cousins, when they would ride the ride...all of us yelling "He's?She's gonna shoot us" or I'll blow him/her out of the water", etc...yep...lots of good memories...the Flooded Mine was different, in that you couldn't "shoot" at your friends, just those dastardly prison escapees, who we always managed to be something to the effect of the FBI's most wanted, or Matt Dillon or Little Joe/Hoss's arch enemies...yep, sometimes we were Batman and Robin, and they were the Penguins/Jokers stooges...Again...lots of IMAGINATION back in those days...no computer or tablets or super "smart" phones to do all that "thinking" for us.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #15
Airforce Dad

Lost River of the Ozarks

Lost River of the Ozarks had circular boats that would hold up to six people.It was a soaking ride with rapids. There were no guns on the boats.
http://springfieldnewsleader.mo.news...mg/Image_3.jpg

Last edited by Airforce Dad; 01-06-2019 at 05:59 PM. Reason: additional information

Closed Thread