1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 08:59 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Possible aquarium at Grand Palace property

Although the project hasn't been approved yet, the owners of the Grand Palace are developing designs for an aquarium on the property. Interesting picture and article from KY3:

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Pro...500424951.html
Old 11-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Although the project hasn't been approved yet, the owners of the Grand Palace are developing designs for an aquarium on the property. Interesting picture and article from KY3:

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Pro...500424951.html
If they want to liven things up a bit, they will construct it so that the octopus will be movable and will be able to reach up and grab at the gondola.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-14-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Hmm...???? Lets see......

Give me some hiway 76 frontage, basically for free advertising,

Tax incentives,

1 or 2 other "give me's",

YEA!! Lets build an aquarium.....

Doesnt anyone build using their own money..??
Old 11-14-2018, 06:21 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Well, IMO, if the City of Branson is going to SUBSIDIZE some type of entity there with public tax revenue, I wish they would do a MAJOR redevelopment of the property, with proper highway landscaping/walking park for tourists..and then behind that build a super nice, attractive, clean, reasonably priced condo/apartment rental building, to be used soley by people who WORK IN Branson in the entertainment industry...such as singers, dancers, wait staff, etc. These people are THE backbone of the entire Branson "experience" for tourists, and barely are paid enough to squeak by. The theatre owners could CONTRIBUTE also to the "subsidized" rent for their employees via the City of Branson, with some sort of tax incentive for participating, or a tax assessement to those who chose not to directly participate.

I don't know..but, since there ALREADY is a very nice aquarium 30-45 minutes up the road in Springfield...it's just an idea.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

As long as Johnny Billionaire doesn't see it as a threat to his aquarium. Big donations to Branson if he does.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:44 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
As long as Johnny Billionaire doesn't see it as a threat to his aquarium. Big donations to Branson if he does.
Funny you mention this - I visited with one an upper level member of BPS's marketing department recently. He genuinely hadn't heard anything about it - and asked me several questions… this was after it'd been in the news several times already. He was interested in the concept, and a bit excited that they might be able to share some knowledge - but didn't seem one iota threatened by the idea.

Closed Thread