1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Branson Shuffle 2019/2020

Of course we found out about Johnson strings going to The Americana..

The Haygoods announced they will be staying at their current venue through 2020..
That will be season number 28 in Branson...
The longest running First Generation show in town.
And they have more Sold out shows than anyone else in branson, thats almost 1200 seats per show..!! Luv Them 'Goods!!
Old 07-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
And they have more Sold out shows than anyone else in branson, thats almost 1200 seats per show..!! Luv Them 'Goods!!
Yes, they are an excellent show. But let's be honest, when you take one of the most talented and most popular shows in town, and then cut their schedule in half from 6 or 7 shows a week to just 3, they would be doing something SERIOUSLY wrong if they didn't consistently sell out! Fortunately for the Haygoods, they are never going to just sit back and rest on their laurels. They keep pushing themselves to keep their show top-notch! Honestly, I think they were smart to cut back their schedule. That helps to keep them fresh for every show! Too many of the shows in town, by the time they get to August, they are pretty burnt out and struggle to keep the energy up for each and every show. I think the really smart ones are the ones who do a few less shows. Working smarter and not harder -- always a good idea!
Old 07-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Yes, they are an excellent show. But let's be honest, when you take one of the most talented and most popular shows in town, and then cut their schedule in half from 6 or 7 shows a week to just 3, they would be doing something SERIOUSLY wrong if they didn't consistently sell out!
I have always enjoyed the Haygoods when I have gone to their show AND I admit that I have never been a math genius but if you are selling out 6-7 shows a week and then cut down to 3 shows a week my feeble mind tells me that you are only reaching half the people you used to. If that is truly the case, and the Haygoods are the most popular show in town, (or one of the most popular), it is no wonder that some really great performers in the "second tier" shows are practically starving to death.

It would explain why some acts are doing more "road gigs" even during the peak Branson season. It would also explain why savvy entrepreneurs are focusing on thrill rides, zip lines and tabloid experiences rather than live shows.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 07-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
TimHaygood

Haygoods

Howdy Friends. We like to try and think long term and yes we made some big changes when we moved to Clays and adjusted to 3 and 4 shows a week. After 6,000 shows since '93 it was time to do something different. It has been successful, and has allowed us to focus a lot of our energy dreaming up new ideas and concepts for the show and marketing it properly. It only works though because Clay and Tina Cooper do such an amazing job running their theatre and have a highly successful show themselves. We have been very blessed by the Branson community and we look forward to many more years of good times together....
Timothy
Old 07-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
And they have more Sold out shows than anyone else in branson, thats almost 1200 seats per show.
While most other shows in Branson Don't sell out a 600 seat theater.
Quote:
then cut their schedule in half from 6 or 7 shows a week to just 3, they would be doing something SERIOUSLY wrong if they didn't consistently sell out!
Most others wouldn't sell out a 600 seat theater regularly with one show a week.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #6
OkieAnon

Noah returns to the Sight and Sound theater for one year only

Closed Thread