1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
flynduck

Thumbs up Trout Hatchery

We made a visit to the Shepherd of the Hills Trout Hatchery during our recent visit to Branson.
This is a very enjoyable diversion from the pace of 76 strip. It's a good way to get fresh air and stretch the legs a bit. It's billed as one of the finest trout fisheries in the nation, and that is easy to believe. There are many "pools" of trout, divided by size and species -- from minnows to very large "trophy" size.
As you enter there are some fishfood dispensers, and it was clear that the younger set were having a ball feeding the fish -- as well as some of us older folk
We didn't go inside the visitors center, but I was told it was very interesting and had the newly hatched fishies in it. We did walk by the tank along the side of the center, and that is something NOT TO MISS. The biggest trout I've ever seen were there -- they were really beautiful with the sun shining on them.
The hatchery is in a lovely setting, with the Table Rock Dam right there. There was lots of parking available.
All this and it is ABSOLUTELY FREE!!
Old 06-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

A little thing that my father and I found out a while back. Rabbit food is the same thing as what they sell in small handfulls to feed the fish. We had a few bunnies so we always had "extra" food. lol The hatchery is still my dad's favorite place in Branson and he just got married to a lady who has never been on a vacation much less to Branson. They will be going for two weeks starting June 14. He is really excited about getting to show her his favorite vacation place.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:42 AM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Can you still tour the Dam nearby? Before 9/11, we took the tour and went down......down.......under the water inside the acutal Dam.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:16 PM   #4
QueenAngie
Super Ultra Member

We always go there....the teenaged boys just really enjoy it.

I'm thinking DH would like to have one of those big ones on the end of his fishing pole! LOL!

It is not only educational (I always have sneaked in some on each of our vacations),
it is fun,
and it's free!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:27 PM   #5
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

I agree the fish hatchery is very neat and my kids love it. There are few things on vacations that are fun and free.

Closed Thread