1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 02-25-2020, 05:58 PM   #46
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
Much of Branson (and many other small Ozark towns) have continued to do what they have always done, no improvements or changes, until they dig their own grave. I am glad to see Billy Gail's spruced up, with new management, and anticipate it will flourish. Memories of what was will always be.
But there are some things that never need to be changed. I don think Billy Gail's was ever close to "digging their own grave". Evidenced by exactly what Left said. Once the "sprucing up" expansion, modernization, and influence from new management take hold the bean counters, more profit, and changes to make even more profit move in.
We can only hope that with the same staff staying, and as reported, Gail's son managing, the sprucing, won't end up disastrous!

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 03-01-2020 at 10:19 PM.
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:23 PM   #47
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Not looking promising for the familiar quaintness of Billy Gails.
Saw a pic on facebook of a big "Big Boys" restaurant type statue holding a plate of pancakes!
Does Nolan Fogle now have something to do with it?
Old 03-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #48
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Not looking promising for the familiar quaintness of Billy Gails.
Saw a pic on facebook of a big "Big Boys" restaurant type statue holding a plate of pancakes!
Does Nolan Fogle now have something to do with it?

I am sorry but I have to voice an opinion. Flat Creek has a very good history and reputation for having outstanding food at their other two locations. Why not give them a chance? I LOVE Branson. There was a time when this forum served as a very strong advocate for all things Branson. Why try to destroy anyone or anything if we are truly an advocate for Branson?
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:41 AM   #49
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
I am sorry but I have to voice an opinion. Flat Creek has a very good history and reputation for having outstanding food at their other two locations. Why not give them a chance? I LOVE Branson. There was a time when this forum served as a very strong advocate for all things Branson. Why try to destroy anyone or anything if we are truly an advocate for Branson?
Thanks Daydreamer for your post.

What you said is so true, unfortunately. I have seen some of our members tear down a place before it ever gets started. That definitely is not the way to build up Branson. I haven't paid a lot of attention to this thread as I was never a real big fan of Billy Gail's. I thought they dealt more with quantity than with quality but never said anything to try to keep visitors from eating there.

We had one member on the board for a while that was so negative about everything and the monitors took care of that situation; however, it seems like we have others still on the board that have a negative attitude about so many things. If people like a restaurant, I think it is great for them to share some of the things they liked; however, if they didn't like it, perhaps it just didn't suit their particular needs but why chase off perspective customers that might like their food. Let them be the judge.

I also find if some of us make a statement that some of these people don't agree with, the post gets treated as if we don't know what we are talking about or gets little smiley's representing the statement was foolish. We are all entitled to our opinion and some of them just might find they are wrong about some of the things they think they are an expert about.

If we all care about Branson, and if you don't you shouldn't be interested in this forum, then let's give new shows and businesses a chance before we knock them down and let's realize we all have an opinion. I have heard from so many people that have quit posting here because they said a few were trying to run the forum and were very rude if posters did not agree with them.

Thanks again for a fine post Daydreamer and now.......let them have at it.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #50
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The thing isn't "tearing down" a new business as much as it is what they are tearing down. A Branson institution! Billy Gail's was Billy Gails in big part because of the things they are changing. That's the problem. The food will probably be great. Hopefully it will be 100% Billy Gail's with only an addition of a few things from the other place. Hopefully the great service will stay the same, with the same great staff. Hopefully there will be old antiques everywhere. Hopefully there will still be a toy box for the kids to pick something to take home from.
The sadest part is there won't be that friendly smile, and a "hello Kids" no matter what your age.
If keeping Billy Gail's exactly what Billy Gail's has always been was out of the question, a whole new restaurant might have been more in order. Leaving the legacy of Sarge, and Gail in our fond memories alongside of Chesters, Odies, an a few other Branson classics.
I will try the new Billy Gail's. I do hope they have great success. It's just hard letting go of a legend!
Old 03-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #51
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Thanks Daydreamer for your post.

What you said is so true, unfortunately. I have seen some of our members tear down a place before it ever gets started. That definitely is not the way to build up Branson. I haven't paid a lot of attention to this thread as I was never a real big fan of Billy Gail's. I thought they dealt more with quantity than with quality but never said anything to try to keep visitors from eating there.

We had one member on the board for a while that was so negative about everything and the monitors took care of that situation; however, it seems like we have others still on the board that have a negative attitude about so many things. If people like a restaurant, I think it is great for them to share some of the things they liked; however, if they didn't like it, perhaps it just didn't suit their particular needs but why chase off perspective customers that might like their food. Let them be the judge.

I also find if some of us make a statement that some of these people don't agree with, the post gets treated as if we don't know what we are talking about or gets little smiley's representing the statement was foolish. We are all entitled to our opinion and some of them just might find they are wrong about some of the things they think they are an expert about.

If we all care about Branson, and if you don't you shouldn't be interested in this forum, then let's give new shows and businesses a chance before we knock them down and let's realize we all have an opinion. I have heard from so many people that have quit posting here because they said a few were trying to run the forum and were very rude if posters did not agree with them.

Thanks again for a fine post Daydreamer and now.......let them have at it.

Thank you! I do not come to the forum often and rarely ever post because of these issues. It is okay if you do not like the same things as I do. In fact, I will probably even try it. I may find you have very good taste! Billy Gail's had a strong following. We were not huge fans for a number of reasons. Flat Creek has a very good reputation also. We have been to both of their locations and always had good service and excellent food. I wish them well in Branson.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #52
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
The thing isn't "tearing down" a new business as much as it is what they are tearing down. A Branson institution! Billy Gail's was Billy Gails in big part because of the things they are changing. That's the problem. The food will probably be great. Hopefully it will be 100% Billy Gail's with only an addition of a few things from the other place. Hopefully the great service will stay the same, with the same great staff. Hopefully there will be old antiques everywhere. Hopefully there will still be a toy box for the kids to pick something to take home from.
The sadest part is there won't be that friendly smile, and a "hello Kids" no matter what your age.
If keeping Billy Gail's exactly what Billy Gail's has always been was out of the question, a whole new restaurant might have been more in order. Leaving the legacy of Sarge, and Gail in our fond memories alongside of Chesters, Odies, an a few other Branson classics.
I will try the new Billy Gail's. I do hope they have great success. It's just hard letting go of a legend!
Did they not pay to purchase the business????? If you feel so strongly, why did you not purchase the business?????
Old 03-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #53
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
Did they not pay to purchase the business????? If you feel so strongly, why did you not purchase the business?????
Yes, they own it, they have every right to change it. But it IS hard to see a legend pass!
I am not a restauranteur, nor do I have the funds to just buy one. If I did I would be doing everything possoble to keep a Branson legend like Billy Gail's exactly like it is, and what it made it what it has been.
I see some similarities with Moon River Grill. I'm sure that it wasn't a particularly profitable endeavor, but a passion for Andy. When he was gone, the dollar signs overrode any passion for the restaurant.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #54
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

So, now some people, and I am one of them, who like Branson AS IT IS, and AS IT WAS, and do not like, nor want SOME of the changes that are occurring...are perceived as "tearing Branson down"???. Sorry, I am NOT going to buy into DOUBLESPEAK...and that is what I, and some others, are being accused of.

Now if I said, oh, I hate 90% of what Branson is, and was, and I want all THAT to go away, and new business's to come in and take over...now THAT could be construed as "tearing Branson down"!

Don't RE-DO a favorite institution such as Billy Gail"s with a new menu, new interior décor, and all sorts of new bells and whistles, so that it resembles another NON BRANSON restaurant, but still call it Billy Gail's, and expect me, who LOVES Branson, to NOT voice my opinion!

Don't tear out the Texas Land and Cattle Company steakhouse at the Landing, replace it with Landshark, and still call it TLC, because it AIN'T! (and no, they didn't).

Don't tear out the Moon River Grill, replace it with Shorty Small's BBQ, but continue to call it MRG....because it AIN'T! (and no, they didn't).

Don't tear out Buffalo Wild Wings, and replace it with Guy Fieri's Branson Kitchen and Bar, and still call it BWW, because it AIN'T! (and no, they are not!).

Do you get what we are saying? We LOVE Branson, the way it was, the way it is, and it's many (albeit shrinking) years, even decades old, business's.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #55
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Don't RE-DO a favorite institution such as Billy Gail"s with a new menu, new interior décor, and all sorts of new bells and whistles, so that it resembles another NON BRANSON restaurant, but still call it Billy Gail's, and expect me, who LOVES Branson, to NOT voice my opinion!
I get what you are saying. However, the institution of Billy Gail's was theirs to decide what to do with it - Flat Creek was willing to purchase it and keep the name of the name sake... which I don't see them doing without permission.

If you have a bone to pick, IMO, it's with Billy and Gail - they are the ones who sold it.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #56
titleman

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
I get what you are saying. However, the institution of Billy Gail's was theirs to decide what to do with it - Flat Creek was willing to purchase it and keep the name of the name sake... which I don't see them doing without permission.

If you have a bone to pick, IMO, it's with Billy and Gail - they are the ones who sold it.
Yes, I don't know if it was, or if it is or maybe it is what it was but I guess it is what it is?
titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #57
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Go, don't go.....whatever. The place was sold and contracts were signed and lets see what happens. Heck, the new owner could have built a new time share operation there (assuming that P&Z would allow) in its place. Then there could be some real complaining. I'm looking forward to the new expanded menu, better parking and hopefully shorter wait times. Hope it all turns out great.

Last edited by soxster; 03-02-2020 at 07:52 PM.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #58
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
so, now some people, and i am one of them, who like branson as it is, and as it was, and do not like, nor want some of the changes that are occurring...are perceived as "tearing branson down"???. Sorry, i am not going to buy into doublespeak...and that is what i, and some others, are being accused of.

Now if i said, oh, i hate 90% of what branson is, and was, and i want all that to go away, and new business's to come in and take over...now that could be construed as "tearing branson down"!

Don't re-do a favorite institution such as billy gail"s with a new menu, new interior décor, and all sorts of new bells and whistles, so that it resembles another non branson restaurant, but still call it billy gail's, and expect me, who loves branson, to not voice my opinion!

Don't tear out the texas land and cattle company steakhouse at the landing, replace it with landshark, and still call it tlc, because it ain't! (and no, they didn't).

Don't tear out the moon river grill, replace it with shorty small's bbq, but continue to call it mrg....because it ain't! (and no, they didn't).

Don't tear out buffalo wild wings, and replace it with guy fieri's branson kitchen and bar, and still call it bww, because it ain't! (and no, they are not!).

Do you get what we are saying? We love branson, the way it was, the way it is, and it's many (albeit shrinking) years, even decades old, business's.
Exactly!!!
Old 03-04-2020, 07:29 PM   #59
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Back open. Have to see what the reviews are going forward.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #60
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Back open. Have to see what the reviews are going forward.
Well, I did get a "personal" review from a friend. Food was OK to good, service was good with a mix of former, and new staff.
However! It's been completely changed with the kitchen now taking what used to be the main dining room, a dining counter in the entrance, the sunroom now the main dining room, and decor nothing like Billy Gail's.
It IS now Flat Creek, not Billy Gail's no matter what name is on it!
They had lunch there, and the items they chose were never on the Billy Gail's menu. Don't know yet how much the breakfast menu changed.