Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Thumbs up Paula Deen,s Family Kitchen

One word...Awesome!!!
A new Branson favorite. Good service, bright and cheery decor, and great food. Even the Iced Tea had a Southern flair with a sprig of ment.
We chose the Albany. That's your choice of two main dishes from a list of six. But first can a couple cheddar biscuits. All I can say is move over Red Lobster, there's a new cheddar buiscuit king in town!. Now our dinner choices. The pan fried chicken was some of the best I've had. We also had the pot roast beef. Served with buttered rice. Shreaded tender roast beef in a delicious gravy. For our four sides we picked greenbeans, collard greens, corn casserole, and blackeyed peas. All were very good, the greens being especially good. Cooked with big chunks of ham, and a bit of spicy heat.
All served family style in bowls brought to the table for all to share. With only two of us the bowls were smaller than the ones I noticed at tables with more people. But it is all you care o eat, so you can get more. If you don't leave completely full, or beyoun it's your own fault!
Dessert is included, and we both had the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. As you would think, with the words ooey gooey, butter, and Paula Deen,it was amazing. Deliciously rich, gooey, and buttery sweet.
Now if your idea of dining out is Ihop, Shoney's, or Bob Evans, and you judge how well you enjoyed your meal by how little it cost, Paula's might not be for you. Or if expensive ambiance, and waiters in a tux and tie are your thing you might think Paula's is just some place to eat.
But for me I don't think it's too high for the quality, and quantity. Nor is it pretentious, and anoying.
The total with the two meals, two iced teas, and of course the Branson taxes was fifty five bucks and change. Not an every day dinner, but certainly an option for a good meal.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Great review! Ok, I gotta try it...I have just walked by over and over, looked at the menu each time, and thought, geez, I just can't eat THAT much anymore to make it worth it! But...ok, I will give it a shot!
Old 01-03-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Great review! Ok, I gotta try it...I have just walked by over and over, looked at the menu each time, and thought, geez, I just can't eat THAT much anymore to make it worth it! But...ok, I will give it a shot!
We went soon after they opened. We wanted to try "the new place". We chose the Savannah even though the price was $19 per person. We chose the Fried Chicken, Chicken-Fried Pork Chop and Fried Catfish with Creamed Potatoes, Creamed Corn, Poppyseed Tossed Salad and Black Eyed Peas. The food and service were both very good. We enjoyed going and will add it to our list of places to go for special occasions.

Closed Thread