Clinging to freedom

Is fall Coming?

I have noticed the trees are starting to subtly
start to change.
Yellowing of certain kinds of trees,
Large flocks of birds flying south.
The grass is slowing ,
We have had some cool nights,
And a cold front is coming through sunday..
I am ready for fall,,
Guess we are going to close out the pool for the season.
The water has been to cool as of late..
Old 08-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Critter
Super Ultra Member

I LOVE fall!!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

LOL... Fordy, I was going to ask you if your pool water had cooled down...ours is like ice!!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTISAM2001 View Post
LOL... Fordy, I was going to ask you if your pool water had cooled down...ours is like ice!!
It was super hot , the first few days..
But It has been super cold most of summer..
Just didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked,
Love the salt water pump...
Old 08-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
ozarkman
Living the Dream!

High School Football has started. College football starts next week. In a lot of people's minds, fall is already here!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTISAM2001 View Post
Ted said he is going to have to wait for it to "warm up" a little to get out and fool with the water to close it up for the season.

The man will use any excuse to get out of work
Old 08-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkman View Post
High School Football has started. College football starts next week. In a lot of people's minds, fall is already here!

Well, I'm sure we still have a few hot snaps left here in Oklahoma this year, but it doesn't matter to me. Georgia will be in our home stadium in a week and fall will officially be here!
Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Ted said he is going to have to wait for it to "warm up" a little to get out and fool with the water to close it up for the season.

heehee..aint no way im getting in that cold water...my dh sure aint!! my youngest jumped right off in it today though, didnt bother him one bit!!
Old 08-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #9
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post

Guess we will wait till tomorrow,,
It almost wasn't worth the time and effort to have it this year.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
Double Mom
Packer Fan

My son & DIL used there pool about 3 times this year, it was just to cold.

It sure felt like fall here today we had a high of 58 & wind. I built a fire in the wood stove tonight to take the chill out of here. DH had to start selling tickets at 5 for the mud bog tonight and then help out in the food stand. He said to have the house nice and warm when he gets home cause after being outside for roughly 5-6 hours tonight he figured he'd be cold. When he was getting dressed to leave he said I feel like wearing my long johns tonight. I had a choice of 3 things to do tonight: mudbogs, truck pull & watch my SIL pull his truck, or a peewee football game tonight...I'm here in my nice, warm, toasty, house and not at any of the events getting cold. I just started to feel better after having a sore throat this week I sure didn't want to get sick again.

We took the window air conditioners out today I really don't think we need them any more this year. We had to use them a whole 3 times this year.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #11
E's mom
Super Ultra Member

Fall is my favorite season of the year... I'm ready for the first football game this friday night.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:20 AM   #12
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

You are such a romantic,,,
I hope it stays nice like this for next weekend...
Old 08-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #13
StarsRUs
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
It's 62-degrees, right now! DH and I just sat out on the front porch, with a cup of joe. I took a little cover out, to put over my legs (wearing shorts). I LOVE cool mornings, like this. We both said we think it'll be like this, on our camping trip. Cool mornings, drinking java by the campfire.
Isn't it GREAT...I wear shorts year round. Well, occasionally if it gets really cold I put on my pants, or sweats, but rarely.

I'm sure it will be like this for you Mellie on your camping trip, maybe even cooler mornings. There's nothing better than being camping in the Fall. It's the best. Cool, crisp mornings, coffee, a campfire with some bacon cooking.

We do alot of campfire cooking. Wrap it up 'good' in heavy foil, put it in the campfire, cover it with some of the wood coals and then go for a bike ride or walk. Our favorite is baked taters, corn on the cob and a roast or chops (with some big onion slabs in with it's foil pouch) Of course we put the meat in first...then add the taters and corn.

I LOVE FALL...but I love Spring, Summer and Winter too. God made the season's, what's not to LOVE!

Last edited by StarsRUs; 08-30-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRUs View Post
Isn't it GREAT...I wear shorts year round. Well, occasionally if it gets really cold I put on my pants, or sweats, but rarely.

I'm sure it will be like this for you Mellie on your camping trip, maybe even cooler mornings. There's nothing better than being camping in the Fall. It's the best. Cool, crisp mornings, coffee, a campfire with some bacon cooking.

We do alot of campfire cooking. Wrap it up 'good' in heavy foil, put it in the campfire, cover it with some of the wood coals and then go for a bike ride or walk. Our favorite is baked taters, corn on the cob and a roast or chops (with some big onion slabs in with it's foil pouch) Of course we put the meat in first...then add the taters and corn.

I LOVE FALL...but I love Spring, Summer and Winter too. God made the season's, what's not to LOVE!
So true but most years we don't have much Winter, thankfully!
.....and some years it's WAY too HOT!

When I hear GEESE, as I did this past week flying South, Fall is near in my mind!
Today it's 75, so far, and with the Sun shinning, it's a perfect day!

Last night we were at a Skeet Shooot/Barbeque at our friend's BJS Ranch.
RJ Vandygriff as our entertainment. but before he finished it became
VERY cool, made me happy I'd taken a jacket! A GREAT Evening!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Was cool down at Branson Landing Friday evening during the Big Smith concert. DH and I were both glad we had worn jeans. During the 2nd hour of the concert I put on my lightweight jacket since I had a short sleeve shirt on. We saw lots of folks in jackets that night! As we drove by White Water on Saturday and Sunday, I wondered how the water felt to the folks since the outdoor temp was in the high 70s.

We have used our pool about 3 times this year; the water temp barely reached the upper 70s during the summer even using our solar heater. Did discover that our solar heater has a leak and pump just went kaput; will have to replace both next spring.

Closed Thread