1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Eureka Springs Arkansas

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Ice Skating Rink at the Crescent Hotel

Jack Moyer, the general manager of the 1886 Crescent Hotel and Spa in Eureka Springs, said, "People travel year-round now, and we're open year-round, and we felt like we needed to do something in the middle of winter."

The hotel will be welcoming anyone and everyone to come and skate.
Local children under the age of 12 can skate for free. For everyone else it's $5. For all hotel guests, the fee is included in their Crescent Hotel Resort Pass.

"We picked this space because this is the only flat ground in Eureka Springs," Moyer said.

The rink is located next to the fountain outside of the hotel, where weddings are normally held in the summer, spring and fall.

"It did work out that not a lot of people are getting married outside in January and February," Moyer said. "So what the heck, this is the perfect location for us."

The ice rink isn't quite ready yet for skating. But officials hope it will be ready December 26 or December 27. The general manager said it needs to get colder so those plans can solidify.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Cres...466356013.html
Old 12-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

I saw that on the news today. How cool is that?!

Oh, how I wish I could still skate! Looks like so much fun.

Wonderful Memories of ice skating, while growing up, on frozen ponds in the northwoods of Wisconsin.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

A few years ago, someone put up an ice skating rink at The Landing....knew quite a few people who enjoyed it...always seemed to be a few skaters on it...I I know a girl from Russia who was on it every day...wonder why it never went back up? Maybe the "space rental" was too expensive....??
Old 01-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

It’s that time again.

“The ice skating rink will be OPEN TONIGHT!
It's the best ice of the season!!
Come out and join us from 5pm-8pm for skating, a nice fire, hot chocolate, and more!”

Closed Thread