1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 09-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Regret not seeing?

I was just thinking about Branson and our upcoming trip this next weekend. We have been coming to Branson at least yearly for the last 20years. Seen lots of shows. I do regret never seeing Andy Williams Christmas Show with Andy himself, Mel Tillis, The Rockettes. Our kids were young then so we did the things they loved. Stampede, indoor watermarks etc. Wish those 3 shows and stars were still around would go see them in a minute. Any shows or stars you missed seeing you wish you would have? We have so many great family memories on our trips to Branson
wwgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Not too many regrets here. I did see Andy's Christmas show several times. Also the Rockettes. Along with Wayne Newton, Tony Orlando (Christmas), Louise Mandrell, and Bill Medley. I guess my biggest regret is I didn't see Bill Medley sooner, and more often. I only caught his show in the last year he was there. For one I didn't see at all I guess it would have to be Ray Stevens.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #3
OkieAnon

2 shows we had tickets to but were canceled at the last minute because the stars weren't feeling well.
1. Willie Nelson
2. Wayne Newton

Have seen everyone of the Sight and Sound productions except Samson.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:40 PM   #4
justgohogs

Andy Williams Christmas show with Branson's Mr. Christmas (Andy) and Glen Campbell.
justgohogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:06 AM   #5
82corvette
Ultra Member

We always regretted not seeing Andy, Kenny Rogers, Roy Clark, & several others over the years
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82corvette View Post
We always regretted not seeing Andy, Kenny Rogers, Roy Clark, & several others over the years
Did Kenny Rogers actually have a theater in Branson? Or did he just perform at the Grand Palace occasionally?
Old 09-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #7
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Did Kenny Rogers actually have a theater in Branson? Or did he just perform at the Grand Palace occasionally?
if I remember right at the time of the construction of the Grand Palace and the Branson Belle, Kenny was listed as co-owner of both along with the Herschends/SDC.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:06 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Never saw Boxcar Willie, was way to "cornpone country" for me back in those days...Beach Boys, Beatles, Monkees, Nazareth, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, Queen, seemed to be the 8-tracks of choice i kept in my car in those times. Likewise, never visited the Hee Haw theater and all the stars who appeared there, nor saw Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson or Wayne Newton. I AM glad I woke up eventually, and made it to see The Lawrence Welk orchestra when they first rolled into Branson with most of the original cast members, likewise the Lennon Brothers, Bobby Vinton, the Glen Miller Orchestra. Saw Andy Williams many times, Pat Boone, the Osmond Clan sans Donnie/Marie, the Sons of the Pioneers a couple times, Roy Rogers Jr several times also. What I have learned is to see anyone I might enjoy, period, asap. Cause you just never know how long they will be around.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 09-15-2020 at 10:09 PM.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:07 PM   #9
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
if I remember right at the time of the construction of the Grand Palace and the Branson Belle, Kenny was listed as co-owner of both along with the Herschends/SDC.
Yes, but I really don't remember him performing in Branson. At least not regularly.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:59 AM   #10
OkieAnon

No he was there a lot I think sometimes a week at a time, I believe we saw Kenny 3 maybe 4 times in Branson, always had a great show.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #11
susantx

one of my favorite shows was the one with a lot of the 50 and 60 singers that did a show together.Bobby Rydell was my favorite.Just played a year or two.I think at the Dick Clark theater.I have been going so long that I don't think I missed any but Kenny Rogers
susantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:41 PM   #12
Southstarz

I regret missing Wayne Newton, Boxcar Willie, Christy Lane and Danny Davis and the Nashville Brass. Also, my mom wanted to go see Jim Nabors once and I regret nixing that.
Southstarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:40 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southstarz View Post
I regret missing Wayne Newton
We saw Wayne Newton at the Remington. (now some mega church behind Cracker Barrel)
It was a fantastic theater, and one of the best shows I have seen in Branson!
Old 09-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #14
Airforce Dad

Jennifer Wilson

I regret never seeing Jennifer Wilson. My wife says because she was a looker. I really would have liked to have seen her show. I saw some of the HeeHaw stars. I wasn't impressed with them.
Airforce Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:46 AM   #15
quackaerie

I'd say not seeing Kenny Rogers.
quackaerie is offline   Reply With Quote