1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Allegiant Air Contest

Allegiant Air is expanding their routes out of Spfl. If you like contests you can go to their website and guess the new place.

http://www.allegiantair.com/contest/

A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said:
'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationDad View Post
Allegiant Air is expanding their routes out of Spfl. If you like contests you can go to their website and guess the new place.

Atlanta?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I wish it was California...we had to make our upcoming reservations via Tulsa instead of Springfield...a matter of hundreds of dollar saved.
I personally love Allegiant.
I've flown out of Springfield non-stop to Orlando, to St.Petersburg/Clearwater and to Vegas for less than $100 each way on Allegiant and I would fly them again any time.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
I wish it was California...we had to make our upcoming reservations via Tulsa instead of Springfield...a matter of hundreds of dollar saved.
I personally love Allegiant.
I've flown out of Springfield non-stop to Orlando, to St.Petersburg/Clearwater and to Vegas for less than $100 each way on Allegiant and I would fly them again any time.
I guess it could be California...
They are a very good airline. I'm pretty sure they hold the record for being profitable for the most quarters in a row.

DW is coming back from Phoenix for $89! Such a deal.

'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

A better contest . . . Guess Your Fare?

To be in keeping with their biz model, it will be a vacation destination. They fly from smaller regional airports directly to vacation destinations, a couple times a week from each airport.

I was surprised when they added St. Pete/Clearwater since they already had Orlando. Those are fairly close together and either works for us when we go to FL. One year we used Orlando, but actually stayed at Bonita Beach, Key West, and Ft. Myers Beach, go back to Orlando each Saturday to put folks on planes home or pick up new folks joining us.

Last month we did that out of St. Pete/took the first couple to fly home on the first friday, and picked up the second couple for the second week, on Sanibel. It was tag-team, cuz in Springfield the first couple got off the plane the second couple got on.

A suggestion . . . if you book Allegiant in advance on a higher fare, go ahead and ante up the $30 trip insurance. If the fares go down you can rebooked without the $50 per leg per person cancellation fee, and wind up with a credit good for 12 months after the original booking date.

We didn't and lost $200, while couple #1 did, by accident because they did not delete it when they booked, and they did not lose the $200. So they'll be going to Vegas, or somewhere, soon.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

It's L.A.

By Brad Belote

Story Created: Feb 18, 2009

Story Updated: Feb 18, 2009

Allegiant Air will announce later Wednesday morning it will begin flights from Springfield-Branson National Airport to Los Angeles International Airport later this year.

Allegiant already operates non-stop flights from SGF to Las Vegas, Daytona Beach, Fl., Phoenix-Mesa, Ariz., Tampa Bay-St. Pete, and Orlando/Sanford, Fl.

Allegiant will offer an introductory price of $99 each way. Those pickets must be purchased at the Allegiant ticket counter by March 11 for travel by September 30, 2009.

'Keep off the Grass.'

Closed Thread