Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 10:59 PM   #16
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Man View Post
I think the King's Castle Theater hasn't seen a Live Band, since Bobby Vinton moved out all of those years ago.

Coach Man.
Sadly, you are correct.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:48 AM   #17
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
The “dumbing down” of Branson continues. Let’s keep lowering the bar and offering less and less with excuses for why it is acceptable. I guess I should stop paying all of these bands and just run tracks behind the lead vocal. I will save hundreds of thousands of dollars every year. And I won’t tell customers before they show up, it will just be my “Branson surprise.” On second thought, I would still like to be able to sleep at night so perhaps we will just keep featuring live music.
You're absolutely correct, Branson Friend. I could maybe see tracks if it was some kind of cheesy Broadway or Celtic kind of thing but not this. Each to their own, but no way would I go see a show with canned music. But I guess there are enough people who don't care to keep the show going.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:48 AM   #18
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
You're absolutely correct, Each to their own, but no way would I go see a show with canned music. But I guess there are enough people who don't care to keep the show going.
^^^ couldnt agree more..

But plenty of New people, tourists, vacationers and as you said the people that dont care. Not advertised as "no live band", so there will be lots of people going this year.

I think the Rock music is a great idea.. For sure something that needs to be added to the Branson Agenda... but, not this way..
Old 05-30-2020, 07:52 PM   #19
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
There was no live band

All I need to know to scratch that one off my lst!
I can see Karaoke singers in a bar for free!
Old 05-30-2020, 11:11 PM   #20
CastStephen

Everyone is entitled to their preference as far as band vs. track show ..

I just think it should be said that “Anthems of Rock” is a full production show. It’s not a concert with tracks. Also, there are live instruments. Cole Sherratt plays LOTS of live guitar throughout the show (with plenty of solo moments) and Sarah Marie plays as well.

I loved the show and I have no connections or allegiance to the theater. The vocals are amazing and the dancers work super hard. I would say go see it for yourself before you form an opinion. The vocalists are all incredible.

Again, have your own opinion ... but I think it’s great addition to the town.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:36 AM   #21
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastStephen View Post
Who would 'prefer' a track show?
Old 05-31-2020, 07:26 AM   #22
CastStephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
Who would 'prefer' a track show?
I just meant you have your choice to not attend a track show if you only prefer live music, not that someone would necessarily prefer a track show.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:21 AM   #23
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastStephen View Post

I just think it should be said that “Anthems of Rock” is a full production show. It’s not a concert with tracks. Also, there are live instruments. Cole Sherratt plays LOTS of live guitar throughout the show (with plenty of solo moments) and Sarah Marie plays as well.

I loved the show and I have no connections or allegiance to the theater. The vocals are amazing and the dancers work super hard. I would say go see it for yourself before you form an opinion. The vocalists are all incredible.

Again, have your own opinion ... but I think it’s great addition to the town.
The last Castle show I went to was the Broadway Hits.. I was so absorbed by the outstanding vocals, and dance routines that I really did not think about the source of the music which, by the way, was great. To duplicate that with live music would have sent production costs soaring. I'm impressed with the work the Castle folks do and can't wait to take in Anthem.

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."
Old 06-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #24
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
The last Castle show I went to was the Broadway Hits.. I was so absorbed by the outstanding vocals, and dance routines that I really did not think about the source of the music which, by the way, was great. To duplicate that with live music would have sent production costs soaring. I'm impressed with the work the Castle folks do and can't wait to take in Anthem.
Exactly how I feel! Especially now that their lead vocals are live and not me more as they used to be!
Old 06-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #25
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

We have seen the Jersey Boys a few times and its a great show and we enjoy it. They sing so good, you really don't think so much that a band is not behind them.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #26
MLM

Some of you guys make a big deal out of tracked music, but I never hear a word about tracked vocals, which goes on in several shows in town. Judging from various comments over the years, I’m guessing it’s because people just aren’t savvy enough to know? Or don’t mind? That’s far worse than any canned music in my opinion.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #27
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM View Post
Some of you guys make a big deal out of tracked music, but I never hear a word about tracked vocals, which goes on in several shows in town. Judging from various comments over the years, I’m guessing it’s because people just aren’t savvy enough to know? Or don’t mind? That’s far worse than any canned music in my opinion.
That is sad to hear. They deserve to be exposed.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #28
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Some of you guys make a big deal out of tracked music, but I never hear a word about tracked vocals, which goes on in several shows in town.
Name them! Otherwis it is nothing but rumor!
Old 06-04-2020, 07:32 AM   #29
WireRoad

Here's the deal...if tracked music and/or vocals are acceptable to you...fine, whatever, go see the show. I prefer live vocals and live musicians. That's what the shows in Branson have been built on and always based on. I think it's a shame that it would even be necessary to need to ask if a Branson show has live music and vocals. It's as simple as that.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #30
MLM

Actually it’s not rumor. I have the benefit of knowing performers who were performing in shows that used tracked vocals.... they had no reason to lie. They were not disgruntled employees, they were performing in the shows when they told me. I’ve also heard tracked vocals played in sound checks for promo events that multiple shows were involved in. And no I won’t “out” the shows I know that have used them over the years. Some of them include performers who are friends. But I’ve said it here before... if vocals are always perfect, there’s very likely a reason.

Closed Thread