1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 06:31 AM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Review?

Did anyone see the Anthem of Rock show? Looking for a review of it.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
Diane1611
Missing Branson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
Did anyone see the Anthem of Rock show? Looking for a review of it.
We did last night. It was really good. When we get back home, I'll be writing a trip review for my blog and I'll have more details there.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Not a review but some info about the show in this free read from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/enter...bbd381b3f.html
Old 05-25-2020, 09:08 AM   #4
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Hoping they continue to do weekend shows, so I can catch, althought the website show weekday only.. maybe they will change it..
Old 05-27-2020, 08:29 PM   #5
Diane1611
Missing Branson

Per the Branson Tri-Lakes article linked above: "Showtimes are 8 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday for the immediate future, with 2 p.m. shows Tuesdays and Thursdays set to be added later this season."

I was going to write a review of my trip for my Branson blog, but as you may have seen on my thread in the Chit Chat forum, I am currently searching for another position. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but if a potential employer does a Google search on me and finds out I live in Illinois and visited Branson, it may hinder my chances of getting employment.

So here's a brief review of the show. "Anthems of Rock" was very high energy and the dance numbers were very well choreographed. There was no live band although a couple of the singers did play guitar on some of the songs. The songs performed were from the late 1960s, the 1970s, and the 1980s. There was a video saluting the veterans before the show started. The album cover (or the 45 RPM cover) of the song that was being performed was shown on the video screens. The ladies will love the tall guy with the long blond hair and the British accent.

I had never been in the Kings Castle theater before. It is huge on the inside! The seats were comfortable too, and the concession stand was open. Even with social distancing, there was a nice crowd for opening night.

Last edited by Diane1611; 05-27-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:18 AM   #6
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane1611 View Post

There was no live band although a couple of the singers did play guitar on some of the songs.

No live band.?

whow did that go? sound?

went to a show a while back with no band... cant remember the name right now.....
swore I would go to another one without band.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:10 AM   #7
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
No live band.?

whow did that go? sound?

went to a show a while back with no band... cant remember the name right now.....
swore I would go to another one without band.
The show is called "Anthems of Rock" and there's NO live band?
Please explain that to me.
Do people really NOT care if the music is canned anymore?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:03 AM   #8
Diane1611
Missing Branson

The way the stage was set up, and with the dancers dancing, there was really no room for a live band.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #9
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
We have been to shows at this theater. They have all been very good and I do not remember them having a live band.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #10
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I sure do!! Hard to watch those types of shows after seeing The Grand Country Shows with their Band, along with The Haygoods, Hughes' and all the other great shows with live bands...
Old 05-28-2020, 12:01 PM   #11
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane1611 View Post
The way the stage was set up, and with the dancers dancing, there was really no room for a live band.
Oh well. Maybe I'm out of the loop but the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear "Anthems of Rock" is not dancing.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:37 PM   #12
Branson Friend

Quote:
Oh well. Maybe I'm out of the loop but the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear "Anthems of Rock" is not dancing.
The “dumbing down” of Branson continues. Let’s keep lowering the bar and offering less and less with excuses for why it is acceptable. I guess I should stop paying all of these bands and just run tracks behind the lead vocal. I will save hundreds of thousands of dollars every year. And I won’t tell customers before they show up, it will just be my “Branson surprise.” On second thought, I would still like to be able to sleep at night so perhaps we will just keep featuring live music.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:20 PM   #13
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

I think the King's Castle Theater hasn't seen a Live Band, since Bobby Vinton moved out all of those years ago.

Coach Man.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #14
MartyR

Quote:
Several shows are like this now. Sing to recorded tracks. I am sure it is much cheaper but I prefer a live band and real music.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #15
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Well...I have never been to
LIVE concert of the original Beach Boys, Monkeys, Beatles, Steppenwolf, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Oak Arkansas, Kiss, ted Nugent, Nazareth, Queen, Judas Priest, Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, Pink Floyd, etc. But I do know that "back in the day" we jammed a d parties big time to them all....on TRACKED MUSIC, via LP albums, 8-Track and Cassette tapes...and didnt feel we had missed anything...we had huge "tower" speakers in our apartments/houses, and Jensen TriAxials (remember them?) in our GTO's, Chargers, Camaros, Roadrunners, Chevelles, etc...We loved it, and more or less managed to ruin our hearing...all via PRE-RECORDED TRACKED MUSIC systems. So yea, if I still wanted to listen to that type of music..nah dont want to anymore...I could happily do it at the Kings Castle theater, vs stuck in the middle of a bunch of stoned, drunk, smelly, vomiting, passed out, funky/nasty people...been there other occasions, no thank you now! And, btw,if you want to, you CAN get up and dance at that theater, or others in town...I have, in several occasions. No problems with "The MAN, or the local Fuzz...Can you dig that?

Closed Thread