1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
DTMK66

Seafood Buffet

are there any seafood buffets in the Branson area?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMK66 View Post
Well, it is Missouri (not Florida, New England, etc.) . . .

We certainly don't have one . . . but, then, when I think about the Steak thread, we don't have a place we go for steak, either . . . not like we did in many locations during our real life . . . Kansas City, Des Moines, etc.

We do have buffets . . . See-Food Buffets.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

operator error

Last edited by NotJLB; 05-04-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

The Rails has a seafood buffet. Also Starvin' Marvins.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
msu07vandy

If you like catfish, I'd recommend going to The Rails. Their buffet is $12.95 and you can read their buffet offerings here. I have not gotten to eat there yet, but the reviews look pretty good.

You can also find a $2 off coupon in the Sunny Day travel guide for Starvin Marvins if you decide to go there.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by msu07vandy; 05-04-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
ggh
Super User

Seafood buffet here means fried catfish, frog legs and fried shrimp bites - a couple of places do have crab legs in addition to the above.

I can't tell you where to go - while I enjoy catfish, and even frog legs - when I'm hungry for seafood I want Scallops, oysters, clams, shrimp I can find in the breading, calamari, lobster, crablegs, .......... Hemmingways in Spfld, inside Bass Pro has good Crablegs, but they don't usually have anything else seafood on their buffet, unless clam chowder counts.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Certainly not a buffet, but White River Fish Company has some outstanding fish entrees.
Chesters has world class Fish n Chips and Cheddars in Spfd has very good beer battered shrimp.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
leeannwriter
Banned

Shoney's puts on about the only "true" seafood buffet in Branson but Branson is too land locked and far from the coast to offer truly great seafood....or even very good seafood.

In the Ozarks, most folks think catfish IS seafood. There's not much difference between "fish" and "seafood" for a lot of Ozarkians.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMK66 View Post
Yes, we do have seafood buffets in Branson.

Starvin Marvin's has a dinner seafood buffet that includes crab legs, frog legs, shrimp and catfish. We think their crab legs are as good as any that we eat in Kansas City. We like them because you don't get water-soaked when cracking them as you do in a lot of seafood restaurants. It is almost like he steams them instead of boiling them to cut down on the water.

The Rails also has a seafood buffet. I personally don't lke the Rails as my one-time visit found the restuarant very untidy and I didn't care for their seafood; however, have had many of the board say they likes it so, is just a personal choice.

Please try one of our seafood buffets in Branson and don't forget the hottest ticket on the board right now--Chester's, which has great food no matter what your choice for the day might be.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
leeannwriter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Yes, we do have seafood buffets in Branson.

Starvin Marvin's has a dinner seafood buffet that includes crab legs, frog legs, shrimp and catfish. We think their crab legs are as good as any that we eat in Kansas City. We like them because you don't get water-soaked when cracking them as you do in a lot of seafood restaurants. It is almost like he steams them instead of boiling them to cut down on the water.

The Rails also has a seafood buffet. I personally don't lke the Rails as my one-time visit found the restuarant very untidy and I didn't care for their seafood; however, have had many of the board say they likes it so, is just a personal choice.

Please try one of our seafood buffets in Branson and don't forget the hottest ticket on the board right now--Chester's, which has great food no matter what your choice for the day might be.
Froglegs and catfish are not seafood. Seafood has to orignate in the sea.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
Ms_Terese
Local Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeannwriter View Post
Froglegs and catfish are not seafood. Seafood has to orignate in the sea.
Not according to Princeton:

seafood

noun
edible fish (broadly including freshwater fish) or shellfish or roe etc
WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

;-)
Old 05-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #12
Tams
Super Ultra Member

In my mind...seafood is grouper, shrimp, oysters, mahi mahi, scallops lobster, clams...I get a kick out of these threads that when someone asks for a seafood buffet, they get well so and so has catfish...makes me giggle.

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams View Post
In my mind...seafood is grouper, shrimp, oysters, mahi mahi, scallops lobster, clams...I get a kick out of these threads that when someone asks for a seafood buffet, they get well so and so has catfish...makes me giggle.
Ditto - only in the Ozarks, does Seafood buffet = Catfish and hushpuppies, lol!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #14
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Whippersnappers,now located under Peppercorns, some have said they like the buffet there.....i have never tried it so can't say.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 05-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
Gilligan
Ultra Member

Well...not to burst a bubble here, but there is a species of catfish that lives and breeds in saltwater. This surprised me, also, when I heard it. I heard it from two sources - 1. a fisheries biologist from Illinois 2. one of my second grade students! Ah, the promise of youth!

Closed Thread