1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
jdkk424

Smile Lodging during spring break.

Taking first trip to Branson over spring break any suggestions on where to stay. Preferably a place with an indoor pool and continental breakfast. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
momstang67

Angel Inn---super nice place
Old 01-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Consider www.camdenhotelbranson.com
Old 01-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
djmrl68
Ultra Member

try a condo for more space

If you'd rather try a condo with twice the space of a hotel room, send me a PM. I can get you a 1 bedroom condo at Grand Crowne Resort with jacuzzi tub for $49 a night (617 sq. feet) or $59 a night (900+ sq. feet) on the weeknights. They do have an indoor pool but no continental breakfast. (You can get groceries and make your own breakfast in your condo's kitchen or go to Ray's and get some outstanding donuts.)

Info about the resort at:
http://www.grandcrowneresorts.com/co...crowne-resorts
Old 01-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

My first suggestion would be Grand Crowne (see above post). We love renting through djmrl68 and we've stayed there the last two Spring Breaks. The indoor pool is great to have as an option.

If you really want a hotel, Comfort Inn and Suites on Gretna is super nice. Big indoor pool and decent breakfast. La Quinta Inn also has both indoor pool and free breakfast.

We find an indoor pool to be a must over Spring Break... my kids swam last year while it was snowing outside. [The pool at Grand Crowne is in a separate building, so we drove the kids over and back.]

Last edited by teacherkim; 01-31-2014 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:21 AM   #6
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Another endorsement of Grand Crowne booked through djmrl68.

I think he's being way conservative in estimating twice the size of a hotel room. I think it's more than twice the size. It's great to be able to spread out in all that extra space. And it's less than 5 minutes from the 76 strip, convenient to everything.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
jdkk424

How many beds are there in the rooms at Grand Crowne? How many will it sleep?
Old 01-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
djmrl68
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkk424 View Post
How many beds are there in the rooms at Grand Crowne? How many will it sleep?
Each 1 bedroom Condo has 1 bed in the bedroom and 1 pullout couch in the living room(not recommended for two adults.) If you have more than 4 people, you would have to get a 2 bedroom unit which would have 2 beds and 2 pullout couches sleeping up to 8.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
Diane1611
Missing Branson

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmrl68 View Post
Each 1 bedroom Condo has 1 bed in the bedroom and 1 pullout couch in the living room(not recommended for two adults.) If you have more than 4 people, you would have to get a 2 bedroom unit which would have 2 beds and 2 pullout couches sleeping up to 8.
How much are the 2 bedrooms? We need one for the summer, though - don't know if the prices are higher during the busy season.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:13 PM   #10
djmrl68
Ultra Member

The prices are the same in the summer: $80 per weeknight for the 2 bedroom AB unit and $90 per weeknight for the BC unit. (The BC unit has an additional 1/2 bath, jacuzzi tub, and balcony that the AB unit doesn't have.)

Our resort is points-based, and the weekends cost about double the points as the weeknights. I can't offer a great deal on weekend reservations, but I do offer weekly rates of $700 for the AB unit and $750 for the BC unit. Staying on the weeknights is a much better value.

I can book stays of 4 nights or more up to 6 months in advance, and weekly stays 9-12 months in advance (depending on unit size.)

If you need reservations for peak times like July/October/November, you should probably plan on booking several months in advance as the resort does book up completely during these peak times.

Please PM if you have more specific questions that I can answer. I'd be glad to help you find a great place to stay at a reasonable price. (I can also rent condos and lodges out by Silver Dollar City, too, if you prefer being on Indian Point.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane1611 View Post
How much are the 2 bedrooms? We need one for the summer, though - don't know if the prices are higher during the busy season.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #11
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
The prices are the same in the summer: $80 per weeknight for the 2 bedroom AB unit and $90 per weeknight for the BC unit. (The BC unit has an additional 1/2 bath, jacuzzi tub, and balcony that the AB unit doesn't have.)
We've gotten the BC unit for our family of 5 several times and love it. I have 3 teens -- the two girls use the bedroom in the C unit, my son uses the kitchen/living area of the C unit as his "bedroom" and then they share a bathroom with a shower in that unit. (I think there's also a half-bath in the bedroom.) The B unit then has a large kitchen/living area that the whole family uses to watch TV, eat meals, etc. We have a King bed in our B unit and then there's a bathroom in our bedroom as well as in the hall. We're not going to Branson as much this year but if we were, I'd have already contacted with our requests.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I agree----it's hard to beat Grand Crowne when you are going as a group!
Have rented through djmrl many times---couldn't have a better experience in renting!! Awesome guy to deal with!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
djmrl68
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatiCake101 View Post
I agree----it's hard to beat Grand Crowne when you are going as a group!
Have rented through djmrl many times---couldn't have a better experience in renting!! Awesome guy to deal with!
I'm glad to have rented to so many nice people here on the Branson Forum. You all are awesome to deal with!

Closed Thread