1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
shis1
Str8fn

REVIEW: Down Home Country

Saw this show Friday morning, theater was full. We like 'Classic, Traditional Country' and that's what you get at Down Home Country! We're Melody Hart fans and she's the 'main reason' we go to this show,but the entire cast is very good. Bob Davidson is the emcee of the show and can really belt out those old classic songs. One of my favorites that 'he does' is The Old Violin, a Johnny Paycheck classic. It's fun to see husband and wife ---- Wayne and Melody ---- fiddlin' around on stage , but Friday there was an added bonus ----- their 11 year old son, Garrett, joined them on stage for a song. This is the only show we saw this past week that didn't have any Christmas music, I was kind of disappointed in that as I was looking forward to some 'country Christmas' music!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Good for ya'll to see this show. I would have loved to have seen it.
No doubt Melody & Wayne's Son is an awesome fiddler in the making.

Clay played with the Down Home Show & Splinter Middleton for
several years before joining Country Tonite.

Splinter wherever you are, your smooth vocals are missed by
these two Texans! IF anyone knows where he's playing these days,
please post it.

Meanwhile we can't wait to get back to Branson & see the DHS!
Old 11-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
LBM
Super Ultra Member

I'm going to go to Down Home Country on Monday morning, November 28 before starting my 11 hour drive home. They aren't playing over Thanksgiving and I want to see it again. I should be home by midnight. Worth it to see this show again!
Old 11-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
I'm going to go to Down Home Country on Monday morning, November 28 before starting my 11 hour drive home. They aren't playing over Thanksgiving and I want to see it again. I should be home by midnight. Worth it to see this show again!
DHC is definitely worth making a 'schedule adjustment'.! We had to schedule it on a day that Melody would be in the show......since Clay has a couple of morning shows now, she can't be in two theaters at the same time, even tho she is a talented lady! Enjoy the show! Will you be back in Branson for New Years?
Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
LBM
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
DHC is definitely worth making a 'schedule adjustment'.! We had to schedule it on a day that Melody would be in the show......since Clay has a couple of morning shows now, she can't be in two theaters at the same time, even tho she is a talented lady! Enjoy the show! Will you be back in Branson for New Years?
Yes, it's worth the schedule change but it's still a LOOONG ride home! No Branson for us on New Year's. We could only work out three nights and that is just not enough with 22 hours of driving. New Years Eve we will be at an REO Speedwagon concert and New Years day at the Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears game. Who will this Green Bay Packer fan cheer for???

Closed Thread