1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 01:26 PM   #1
areding

Question Shows with portrait photographers

My wife is wanting to make sure we are all dressed properly when we go to shows where they have portrait photographers. (I guess it's a Mom thing.)

I know that Dixie Stampede has a photographer, and think the BB does too.

Since our plans are to see as many shows as possible, and since the best laid plans often change in a moment, can you help me with the shows you know.

We leave for Branson in about 38 hours.

Thanks for a prompt reply.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
cangreja
The Crab

yakov

yakov used to some years ago--does he still?
Old 06-12-2003, 02:01 PM   #3
OkieAnon

Re: yakov

Quote:
Originally posted by cangreja
yakov used to some years ago--does he still?
didn't when we were there last summer. only two I can think of is the dixie stampede and the branson belle.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:19 PM   #4
LauraIowa

I know the LEGENDS does
Old 06-12-2003, 05:05 PM   #5
BeagleDad
Ultra Member

Talking

They also do it IN the cave in SDC. So if you want to dress up for the cave tour I guess you can. I bet you get funny looks though!
Old 06-12-2003, 05:13 PM   #6
areding

Lightbulb

Hey, we got our vows renewed at SDC's Wilderness Church last year in t-shirts and shorts.

We'd both been drenched a few times on the rides, but it didn't matter.

She's not obsessive about it, but she always says that the photos are her souvenirs.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:35 PM   #7
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Last year, at The Presidental Museum, we had our portrait taken in the Oval Office replica with a cardboard cut-out of President Bush.
And you can have your photo taken in the Beverly Hillbillies car at the Ralph Foster Museum.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:05 AM   #8
tawny

Dressing up for the cave tour wouldn't be recommended, unless your version of "dressing up" includes very comfy shoes. There's a lot of steps in that cave...I don't think I'd want to try and do all of them in high heels! (Of course, I don't do anything in high heels...I'm from Arkansas, so I'm all about bare feet!)

At SDC, they take your picture before you're getting on the train. We always do that as one of our first rides of the day, so we can have a picture of us before we get soaked on Buzzsaw Falls...
Old 06-13-2003, 09:55 AM   #9
ggh
Super User

? on the train at SDC? I rode the train just a few weeks ago, and I don't remember any picture being taken, nor do I remember seeing any pictures afterwards - maybe I'm just not paying attention?!
Old 06-13-2003, 10:06 AM   #10
OkieAnon

I can't remember ever having a picture taken on the train either. I did get my picture one time with my mouth hanging open on wildfire. the cave pictures are kind of hard to make yourself out in them.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:12 AM   #11
OkieAnon

there's also the live video of some shows to remember... at intermission your likely to get yourself on tape. Presely's and Gilleys theaters do this.. sometimes you end up with a nice closeup of yourself.

last time I ate at Gilley's they had some girl come around to the tabels and take pictures.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #12
ggh
Super User

OkieAnon said "last time I ate at Gilley's they had some girl come around to the tabels and take pictures."

Thanks for the warning - I hate it when they do that! If I wanted my pic taken, I'd ask someone to take it - I don't need someone coming to my table and taking my pic in the middle of my meal, so they can come back later and beg me to buy the darn thing - I was planning to go to Gilley's this w/end , but I think we'll pass...

Why do restaurants let folks do that?

Sorry, that's a pet peave of mine - I don't mind at SDC, or BB... but I hate it when I'm in a restaurant!
Old 06-13-2003, 10:24 AM   #13
OkieAnon

that's been a couple of years ago, they may not do that anymore, just trying to think of anyplace and everyplace that I have got my picture taken at.

anybody ever notice how hard it is to look at those pictures at the dixie stampede? they always show up with a little flashlight right when your fingers are greasy from eating chicken.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:42 AM   #14
tawny

The pic wasn't ON the train at SDC...it was as you're going to get in line to do it. I know I had it done at least 3 times last year. Maybe they're not doing it now?
Old 06-13-2003, 11:03 AM   #15
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

The last time we went to Gilleys (last fall), WE were the video...gads....I had no idea til the guy was doing the thing at intermission....where I played along with him, and his mishaped photos.....hehehe......I had no idea til I came home with that video how much they had us on there..........we were in row 3 isle seat left side.........could have been my beauty?....heh.....Hubby says its his youthful good looks that draws the camera.......(he is very very cute).......

I think that the pictures are so much fun.......you do not have to buy them......so HAM IT UP.....gives these people jobs....and just makes the visit more fun........be optimistic and ENJOY....liFe is short and fun is seldom.........AND AFTER ALL THIS IS THE BEST PLACE OF ALL..............BRANSON !!

Closed Thread