1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Yakov in WI Dells

I thought I'd give you guys a review of Yakov's show he did in WI Dells.
The theater there seats 2,000 people according to their web site, and it was packed full, they even had chairs set up along the side of the theater.

Yakov put on a great show, people were laughing pretty much all the time. He had some new material that I hadn't heard and stuff that I had, but he was still so funny. We had 6 adults in our group and 3 little girls, we weren't able to all sit together, but dh & I were sitting with one of my day care moms and her 4 year old. At one time I knew what was coming and I started laughing and the mom is looking at me like what is so funny....I whispered to her just wait it's good, well she just started laughing and said your right it's good. Everyone in our group just loved the show and can't wait for him to come back to the area to see him again. His show in Branson has more to it, but just Yakov was just as good!

What made the night more special was the fact that the 4 year old in our group is a huge Yakov fan. She has wanted us to take her to Branson so she can see his show, well after some arranging she got to finally meet Yakov. We got to go back stage and meet with him after the show, she was so shy and quiet but he was so nice about it. Yakov got down to her level and talked to her for a while and then he put her on his shoulder and we all took pictures, it was so cute. Between all of us we have lots of pictures and she was a happy girl and didn't want to settle down for the night, her mom finally made her call it a night at 11:30.
Yesterday when parents would bring the kids to my house they all wanted to know how it went...and the little girl just smiles and says "I was shy and quiet cause I couldn't believe I was finally meeting Yakov" and adds "He's my friend now and I can't wait for(not giving my name) to take me to Branson to see my friend Yakov and his show there."

Over all it was a great show, by a great performer...and he made one little girl so happy. Which truly shows what a kind, caring, person he really is! We always see his show and will continue to do so!!

Last edited by Double Mom; 02-22-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Sounds like you guys had a great time and sounds like you made that little girls night.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thumbs up

Thanks for that great story..........what a great time you must have had....and then when it is personal....it's even better.

I sure hope your little friend gets to come and visit Branson, and Yakov.

How special
Old 02-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

Better idea; Just keep him up there. Hee hee
Old 02-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Double Mom....do as I say...not as I do... .....be a better example that I am.....SOOOOOO...

count 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10...and IGNORE!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #6
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2fish
Better idea; Just keep him up there. Hee hee
Well if we lived in an entertaining community like Branson we'd love to have him, but Branson is lucky to have such a great entertainer!! Just My Opinion!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:50 PM   #7
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatiCake101
Double Mom....do as I say...not as I do... .....be a better example that I am.....SOOOOOO...

count 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10...and IGNORE!!!!
Sorry Patty, didn't see your post, but I did count to 10 and beyond before I made my post!!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #8
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

DoubleMom -
How wonderful a time for all of you! Little one's are so precious ... and she apparently has GREAT taste in performers!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

That sounds like a wonderful trip....for the little girl, AND for the adults. I've not seen Yakov yet, but after hearing what a wonderful entertainer and an overall great person he is....we will be seeing him as soon as he gets back to Branson. Thanks for sharing your story!! I loved it!

Last edited by PatiCake101; 02-21-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #10
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I'm so happy for you.

How wonderful that you got to see Yakov.
I have always thought that he seemed to be a genuinely kind man.
It's so nice to hear that confirmed by you, DoubleMom..
Old 02-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #11
MrMusic

Smile Yakov & Ice Cream

I used to work in a grocery store in Branson West - and Yakov was one of our customers! He asked me once if we carried soy ice cream, which we didn't at the time. But i told him I'd order it if I could get it (I was diary/frozen manager at the time). Anyway, I got it, and when we went to his show shortly afterward, I told him - and he was in the store to get some.

He's just a down-to-earth sort of guy, no different than you or me. Friendly, actually a little bit shy out in public! But he does remember people he meets and interacts with - and he has a great heart. I, for one, am proud to say that he is a friend.

Mr Music
Old 02-22-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMusic
I used to work in a grocery store in Branson West - and Yakov was one of our customers!

He's just a down-to-earth sort of guy, no different than you or me. Friendly, actually a little bit shy out in public! But he does remember people he meets and interacts with - and he has a great heart. I, for one, am proud to say that he is a friend.

Mr Music
Yakov is one of the nicest guys you could expect to meet, and, you're right....he does have a big heart, too.

Coach Man.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I like Yakov so much now that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMusic
I used to work in a grocery store in Branson West - and Yakov was one of our customers! He asked me once if we carried soy ice cream, which we didn't at the time. But i told him I'd order it if I could get it (I was diary/frozen manager at the time). Anyway, I got it, and when we went to his show shortly afterward, I told him - and he was in the store to get some.

Mr Music
I'm looking for soy ice cream now.
I did find Soy Coffee today!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:17 PM   #14
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

We always enjoy his show even though we have seen it several times and know most of the lines. Recommend to anyone!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #15
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit
I'm looking for soy ice cream now.
I did find Soy Coffee today!
Suse, I've had soy ice cream, it's pretty good! I'm not a coffee drinker so I'd have to pass on the soy coffee.

Closed Thread