1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 10:01 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

SDC Rumor.

Just a rumor, and haven't been able to verify.
Supposedly it was heard somewhere that they planned to open the Saturday after Memorial Day weekend.
Anybody else hear this?
Old 04-13-2020, 06:42 AM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

I had also heard June 1st, at the earliest....

BUT not a "scheduled" date as of yet.

Still on a wait and see schedule...

Bluegrass and BBQ has been cancelled, and word is they are reworking the rest of the festivals for the year..

Nothing about the rest of the year and festivals has been officially announced
Old 04-13-2020, 08:00 AM   #3
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
I had also heard June 1st, at the earliest....

BUT not a "scheduled" date as of yet.

Still on a wait and see schedule...

Bluegrass and BBQ has been cancelled, and word is they are reworking the rest of the festivals for the year..

Nothing about the rest of the year and festivals has been officially announced
I would say a conservative estimate for SDC and Branson reopening would be early June. That's IF things don't get any worse between now and then. I bet there will still be CDC guidelines even then about how many can safely assemble. It's pretty much a no brainer to say that 2020 is likely to go down as the worst year in Branson history.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:28 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Well, even though the open date is unknown at present, one good thing for all of us who are Season Passholders this season have been promised that SDC "will be adding additional benefits and operating days" to our passes. A little Silver Lining to the Dark Clouds, as it were...
Old 04-13-2020, 07:58 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Well, even though the open date is unknown at present, one good thing for all of us who are Season Passholders this season have been promised that SDC "will be adding additional benefits and operating days" to our passes. A little Silver Lining to the Dark Clouds, as it were...
Like 1/2 price for next year's pass? What it should be, but seriously doubting that it will.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:13 AM   #6
nanjosbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Like 1/2 price for next year's pass? What it should be, but seriously doubting that it will.
Knott’s Berry Farm in California is offering current season pass holders their season pass for next year too. I’d guess that is what SDC should offer as well.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:11 AM   #7
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanjosbrand View Post
Knott’s Berry Farm in California is offering current season pass holders their season pass for next year too. I’d guess that is what SDC should offer as well.
I'll vote for that.....but not holding my breath...

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."
Old 04-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Well...hmm...ok, yes, I will accept whatever "freebies" SDC adds to my current 2020 season pass...but I'm not gonna expect or demand they give a free pass for next year...I mean, yea, the Herschend family is quite wealthy, and I'm very happy that they are..if they were just another backwoods Missouri dirt farmer drinking home made hooch and smoking plants grown back behind their tar paper shack, we would NEVER have had a thing called Silver Dollar City to enjoy all these years. I've never seen a poor person erect a multi million dollar roller coasters, or give me or dozens of other people a job that provided a steady paycheck every week! Does anyone care to venture a guess as to how much money the Herschends have LOST so far during just the last 4 or 5 weeks? And that is in top of their spending tons of money on that new water/float ride this last fall/winter? I feel the same as to Johnny Morris...yea, that dude is "loaded", but care to hazard a guess as to how much HE has lost in the closure of the home base Bass Pro in Springfield, the Branson Landing one, in addition to ALL the ones that were forcibly closed in other states? I think the amount of LOST revenue would be staggering, if we knew. I personally want Johnny Morris to become even WEALTHIER, as that is what must happen for him to continue to open MORE Bass Pro Shops all around the country, and to stock then with even more guns, ammo,and fishing tackle...same with the Herschend family...more wealth fir them will result in the continued operation of SDC...and I always want that place to exist! If I ever need a steady job, I wish for both Johnny Morris and the Herschends to be able to hire me and pay me with checks that dont bounce, cause there is LOTS of cash sitting in their business bank accounts.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 04-14-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #9
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Well...hmm...ok, yes, I will accept whatever "freebies" SDC adds to my current 2020 season pass...but I'm not gonna expect or demand they give a free pass for next year...I mean, yea, the Herschend family is quite wealthy, and I'm very happy that they are..if they were just another backwoods Missouri dirt farmer drinking home made hooch and smoking plants grown back behind their tar paper shack, we would NEVER have had a thing called Silver Dollar City to enjoy all these years. I've never seen a poor person erect a multi million dollar roller coasters, or give me or dozens of other people a job that provided a steady paycheck every week! Does anyone care to venture a guess as to how much money the Herschends have LOST so far during just the last 4 or 5 weeks? And that is in top of their spending tons of money on that new water/float ride this last fall/winter? I feel the same as to Johnny Morris...yea, that dude is "loaded", but care to hazard a guess as to how much HE has lost in the closure of the home base Bass Pro in Springfield, the Branson Landing one, in addition to ALL the ones that were forcibly closed in other states? I think the amount of LOST revenue would be staggering, if we knew. I personally want Johnny Morris to become even WEALTHIER, as that is what must happen for him to continue to open MORE Bass Pro Shops all around the country, and to stock then with even more guns, ammo,and fishing tackle...same with the Herschend family...more wealth fir them will result in the continued operation of SDC...and I always want that place to exist! If I ever need a steady job, I wish for both Johnny Morris and the Herschends to be able to hire me and pay me with checks that dont bounce, cause there is LOTS of cash sitting in their business bank accounts.
Dude, I feel incredibly blessed to be employed at Big Cedar Lodge!! Johnny Morris definitely is taking care of those who have been furloughed! He is definitely going above and beyond what a lot - dare I say MOST- employers are doing for their employees! I know this is taking a toll on his business, no doubt! We actually got a heartfelt letter today from Johnny, and he was pretty open and honest about some of the damage this has done. And some of the things he is doing to help those of us who have been furloughed. And I know from a conversation with one of the Herschends before they delayed their opening that the reason they didn’t want to delay was they didn’t want to leave their employees hanging after they’ve been off all winter. People can say negative stuff about the greed of some of these folk. But there are two sides to every story, and sometimes, unless you are on the inside, you don’t see the real hearts of these folk.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:18 AM   #10
ozarksportsgal
Ultra Member

I would be happy with:
1.Free reserved parking passes-four, maybe (you still have to get on line to "claim it")
2.Free refill cup
3.Ornament that you don't have to go to all the "festivals"
4.Free photo thingy (don't know the name, you get your photo that they take of you on the park and/or ride.)
5.Food vouchers (win for them to get us to try the new menus)
6. Additional discounts for Showboat
7.Additional, less restrictive to dates, guest passes
8. oh and a few show lover pass for a Christmas show.

Most of those will not cost them that much. I don't think.

I would be happy with the above, all or just a few.

OSG

*posting to get my two-cents in and because the banner above keeps reminding me that I have not posted in a while.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:38 AM   #11
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

I would just like this "virus" to be over!!

Get the park open, get the rest of the world open.!

Some of us dont expect a thing, just want the park open,
others want/expect a whole load of freebies and bonuses for some reason?.

Bottom line, relax, wait, SDC and the PTB will take care of the SP holders, and I expect to see them run "daily specials" to get the general public to attend also.

The money is NOT in the SP, but people in the gate, drinks, concessions, trinkets and the other goodies that the tourists buy.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:48 AM   #12
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Hmm...how many Season Passes dies SDC sell per year? 5000? 10,000? More? Let's say 10,000...that's a little over 1.1 MILLION dollars each year at 2020 prices...only 5000 sold? That amounts to just shy of 600,000 bucks...even more sold? Do the math then....so, to me, yea, there is LOTS of money made from season pass ticket sales. To give THAT much away on the next years gross sales by offering all 2020 SP holders a "free" 2021 SP, is a serious chunk of change taken off the net bottom line. Now, if the ENTIRE 2020 season was cancelled, that's another entire story...
Old 04-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #13
OkieAnon

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, just bored and googling...

Disney was forced to stop charging a monthly fee to pass holders and agreed to refund for those they had charged they also plan to extend passes by how many days they are closed.

Six Flags had 2 class action lawsuits brought against them because they to were charging a monthly fee while closed, they now say they will stop charging the fee and extend passes by how long they are closed.

Carowinds is extending season passes into the 2021 season

another poster mentioned Knotts Berry farm had done something like this
Old 04-15-2020, 12:42 PM   #14
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

The corporation that owns Knotts Berry Farms, is Cedar Point Entertainment Company. They also own the huge Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio. They reported earnings of 1.35 BILLION dollars in 2018, latest financials I could find on them. Now that is some very deep pockets...
Old 04-15-2020, 01:00 PM   #15
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Question Season pass holders for shows

This may require it's own thread and, if so,admin please move it.

There are a number of venues that sell season tickets. Grand Country, the Haygoods, Clay Cooper and the Presley's all come to mind.

I wonder if anyone has heard what their plans are to adjust the loss to season ticket holders.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Closed Thread