1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 12:47 PM   #31
arkansan

This is very serious---I can't imagine that SDC won't delay the opening. I know it's lots of lost revenue, but it will be even worse if thousands of people gather and are exposed and then take it back and spread it everywhere.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #32
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

People , People, People,

Back away from the Kool Aid.!!

More people die from the Flu everyday, than this "new" Stuff.. Nobody cancels crap about that.

Use some common sense, Use your own head, Dont let the government decide these things..

This almost to the point of Martial Law...
Old 03-13-2020, 04:19 PM   #33
WireRoad

Sdc delayed opening!

https://www.facebook.com/sdcattracti...type=3&theater
Old 03-13-2020, 06:27 PM   #34
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Quoted: "Back away from the Kool Aid.!!

More people die from the Flu everyday, than this "new" Stuff.. Nobody cancels crap about that".

Yes, true, so far...but how long have we had the "old" various strains of the Flu? Decades, a century....so we have all built up a certain resistance from it, since childhood, otherwise the fatality numbers would be staggering, no doubt,

This particular flue strain, named Wuhan Flu, is a NEW one...meaning NONE of us have ANY immunity to it, period. Hence, it has the potential, and I said, potential...to infect and devastate our population. And that is the biggest concern of the majority of epidemiologist, currently working on this issue.

As I have stated earlier, I am currently living and working smack dab in the hardest hit area in the State of California. I can tell you it is spreading rather quickly, it's potency appears, to be quite high. Just today, in this county, several firefighters in San Jose tested positive for Wuhan Flu, now the Health Dept has quarantined FIFTY of their fellow firefighters, fearing they too may be positive.

And that then begs the question, how many family, friends, and other people have THOSE 50 firefighters come into contact during the last couple of weeks?

And THAT is precisely why the various other states are now starting to take more drastic action...they do NOT want what is happening in this state, and the State of Washington, and Seattle in particular, to happen in THEIR states.

I know 2 people in this area who now are quite certain they experienced the Wuhan flu, back in late December/first of January...but no one had really even heard of it, so they thought they just had a really serious case of the "regular" flu...but they both said they were "down for the count" for about 2 weeks, and thought they were going to die. One. a female. is aged about 55, the other, a male, about 28. Both were in good health before. Both have experienced the good old "regular" flue, several times in their lives....they both say this was NOTHING to take lightly.

So...well, that's how it is out here, where it is very active, and spreading. Say I'm drinking government propaganda Kool-Aid if you will....but I can just relate what I am seeing and hearing from those around me. I'm just hoping the "drastic" actions being undertaken by the various governors and mayors around the country do stop this from entering those areas in large numbers.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 03-13-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #35
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Quoted: "Back away from the Kool Aid.!!

More people die from the Flu everyday, than this "new" Stuff.. Nobody cancels crap about that".

Yes, true, so far...but how long have we had the "old" various strains of the Flu? Decades, a century....so we have all built up a certain resistance from it, since childhood, otherwise the fatality numbers would be staggering, no doubt,

This particular flue strain, named Wuhan Flu, is a NEW one...meaning NONE of us have ANY immunity to it, period. Hence, it has the potential, and I said, potential...to infect and devastate our population. And that is the biggest concern of the majority of epidemiologist, currently working on this issue.

As I have stated earlier, I am currently living and working smack dab in the hardest hit area in the State of California. I can tell you it is spreading rather quickly, it's potency appears, to be quite high. Just today, in this county, several firefighters in San Jose tested positive for Wuhan Flu, now the Health Dept has quarantined FIFTY of their fellow firefighters, fearing they too may be positive.

And that then begs the question, how many family, friends, and other people have THOSE 50 firefighters come into contact during the last couple of weeks?

And THAT is precisely why the various other states are now starting to take more drastic action...they do NOT want what is happening in this state, and the State of Washington, and Seattle in particular, to happen in THEIR states.

I know 2 people in this area who now are quite certain they experienced the Wuhan flu, back in late December/first of January...but no one had really even heard of it, so they thought they just had a really serious case of the "regular" flu...but they both said they were "down for the count" for about 2 weeks, and thought they were going to die. One. a female. is aged about 55, the other, a male, about 28. Both were in good health before. Both have experienced the good old "regular" flue, several times in their lives....they both say this was NOTHING to take lightly.

So...well, that's how it is out here, where it is very active, and spreading. Say I'm drinking government propaganda Kool-Aid if you will....but I can just relate what I am seeing and hearing from those around me. I'm just hoping the "drastic" actions being undertaken by the various governors and mayors around the country do stop this from entering those areas in large numbers.
Look what the small pox did to the american indian population when the europeans bought it over, no immunity. Bad consequences.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #36
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
People , People, People,

Back away from the Kool Aid.!!

More people die from the Flu everyday, than this "new" Stuff.. Nobody cancels crap about that.

Use some common sense, Use your own head, Dont let the government decide these things..

This almost to the point of Martial Law...
Yea, go right on out there and demand all those ball games go ahead, get those cruise ships cruising and planes in the air as well. Some are business decisions, others are gov. decisions. Not gonna happen. Kool aide or not, it is here for awhile.

Last edited by soxster; 03-13-2020 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:35 PM   #37
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

SDC is delaying opening until March 28!
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Sil...568783471.html
Old 03-13-2020, 10:03 PM   #38
OkieAnon

This thing may prove to be nothing or it could live up to prediction nobody will know until it's over but SDC was in a similar spot as ncaa basketball was whenever the other theme parks started closing it was like the guy on espn said in a worst case scenario you dont want history to judge you for being on the wrong side.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:52 PM   #39
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Now, Dolly's Stampede.
Quote:
Precautionary Measures Lead To Temporary Closing Of Dolly Parton’s Stampede
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is an escalating and ever-changing issue. With growing concerns related to coronavirus, The Dollywood Company is delaying the opening of Dollywood theme park and closing additional attractions. The Dollywood Company will be closing Dolly Parton’s Stampede locations beginning March 16.
The Showboat Branson Belle is operating, but with a reduced number of guests to allow more "social distance"
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/sho...B_Branded_Core

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 03-13-2020 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:42 AM   #40
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Local Churches going to lock their doors and hold service online.. with a livestream broadcast.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #41
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Still continuing my initial postings on Wuhan flu, here in California. Now 8 members of the San Jose fire department have tested positive, with at least 77 other SJ firemen quarantined, and the first one that tested positive just a few days ago is now in "grave" condition, and has been transported to an IC unit at Long Beach, CA. But, more serious is this latest news from the County Health dept, that, quote "Authorities also said family members of some of the infected firefighters have tested positive or have begun to show symptoms, and that they have not determined where the initial firefighter may have contracted the virus". Again, posting these developments in hope that it will bring the actual seriousness of this Wuhan flu to you, who are not as yet living in, and witnessing an area hard hit by it. Hoping you can see the reasoning behind the "draconian", as some people have called them, actions by your local state, county, and city officials, as they TRY to do all they can to stop what is happening out here, from happening to all of you in Missouri, my home state. Please just do as they ask, you dont want this where YOU ARE. I wish I wasn't here currently, but am, so gotta deal with it, and not travel out of the area and possibly bring it with me somehow.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:58 PM   #42
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Still continuing my initial postings on Wuhan flu, here in California. Now 8 members of the San Jose fire department have tested positive, with at least 77 other SJ firemen quarantined, and the first one that tested positive just a few days ago is now in "grave" condition, and has been transported to an IC unit at Long Beach, CA. But, more serious is this latest news from the County Health dept, that, quote "Authorities also said family members of some of the infected firefighters have tested positive or have begun to show symptoms, and that they have not determined where the initial firefighter may have contracted the virus". Again, posting these developments in hope that it will bring the actual seriousness of this Wuhan flu to you, who are not as yet living in, and witnessing an area hard hit by it. Hoping you can see the reasoning behind the "draconian", as some people have called them, actions by your local state, county, and city officials, as they TRY to do all they can to stop what is happening out here, from happening to all of you in Missouri, my home state. Please just do as they ask, you dont want this where YOU ARE. I wish I wasn't here currently, but am, so gotta deal with it, and not travel out of the area and possibly bring it with me somehow.
Thanks for the update. Sobering to say the least. Stay safe.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #43
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

I keep hoping for better news each mornung...but, no, not yet! Just now, the California h
Governor, just called for MANDATORY HOME ISOLATION (house arrest??) Of ALL PEOPLE aged 65 and older! He also
Directed the closure of all bars, wine bars, breweries and pubs, and called for restaurants to reduce their occupancy by half. He called that “deep social distancing." Now, folks we are seeing some actual "deaconian" actions! WHO is going to pay the rent, utility, and other Bill's of these business's that are being forcibly shut down? THAT was not discussed by Governor Newsome, btw...
Old 03-15-2020, 04:06 PM   #44
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I keep hoping for better news each mornung...but, no, not yet! Just now, the California h
Governor, just called for MANDATORY HOME ISOLATION (house arrest??) Of ALL PEOPLE aged 65 and older! He also
Directed the closure of all bars, wine bars, breweries and pubs, and called for restaurants to reduce their occupancy by half. He called that “deep social distancing." Now, folks we are seeing some actual "deaconian" actions! WHO is going to pay the rent, utility, and other Bill's of these business's that are being forcibly shut down? THAT was not discussed by Governor Newsome, btw...
This is becoming a coast to coast issue.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #45
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

well, hoping this development is NOT coming to the Branson area...but..the entire San Francisco Bay Area has just been placed under, what I consider, de facto Martial Law "light", imo. The complete area has been ordered to "shelter in house", all NON Essential business's and people are to NOT be outside, or on the highway. Only those business's deemed by the government as "Essential" can remain open, period. Fortunately, my work IS considered "Essential", so will keep plugging along...but will be forced to cut the crew by at least 1/3, starting tomorrow morning. The LEO's of the different State, County and City are issueing press releases stating that they do not want this to be an "arrest" situation, and are ASKING people to abide by the decree. At present time, if they see a group of people (2 or more is now a group) out on the sidewalks, they are going to stop them, and "counsel" them, and if they are closer than 6' to each other, advise them to distance themselves. It's really crazy to be living in this scenario...watching it close in amongst us....like living in a real live SF movie...24 more people tested positive in this county since Sunday morning...so they still don't have a handle on it...2 deaths so far...not staggering fatalities, to be sure...but they keep telling us we, in this county, are where Italy was 2 1/2 weeks ago, and they feel certain it will get much worse in the next couple weeks. Hoping not!

Closed Thread