1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #16
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
as this morning the Governor has stopped all public gatherings of any type, of 250 or more people
Governor of where?
Nothing on the news, or web about Missouri.
All I see is California and Washington
Old 03-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #17
OkieAnon

the only ones I've seen was New York, California, Washington State and Oregon at gatherings of 250, Washington DC Mayor has set the limit at 1000 I think, haven't seen anything yet on Missori.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:46 AM   #18
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Governor of where?
I don't know about that, but KC has issued state of emergency.
https://www.kmbc.com/article/mayor-l...-city/31437092
Old 03-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #19
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Governor of where?
I believe he was speaking of the Governor of California as that is where he's working at the moment.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:23 AM   #20
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Oh yes, so sorry! I was just tagging onto my posting yesterday morning. Yes, the Governor of California, conjunction with both the CDPF (California Dept of Public Health) and the CDC. Along with the 250 persons number, he has also stated that the only type of OTHER public gatherings, those under 250, will be allowed only if the people are able to stay at least 6 feet away from each other...meaning you are not going to be able to cram 235 people into a tiny room, and be legit.

I know I may be the only one so far, but I AM very concerned about Branson, and it's usually sold out/packed theatres full of elderly people. Poo Poo my concerns if you will, but after seeing this first hand, and how easily it is being spread from one person to another...Well, I hope it can be contained enough (But honestly, have we humans EVER been able to "contain" any VIRUS in our history? I do not think so...we cannot "contain" the common cold) enough so that the Missouri Dept of Health is not forced to shut down the theatres in Branson. I do think what I am witnessing out here, WILL be coming to Branson, and surrounding areas, sooner than later. I just read that a worker at the Childrens Hospital in Little Rock has now tested "positive" this morning...at a CHILDRENS hospital where these youngsters are already ill, and many suffering from depleted immune systems. I hate the thought of what THAT could mean...
Old 03-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #21
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Thumbs up Thank you Leftsaidted

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Ok, so I have been working on a 90 day contract since January, on the extreme Left coast, San Francisco Bay area at large, and Santa Clara county specifically, in the heart of Silicon Valley, at what is now Ground Zero for this Wuhan flu, in California. I can tell you it is "real" out here, but exactly "How Real" is difficult to determine.
Thank you for a factual "boots-on-the-ground" report. Your post is reasoned and well presented and your conclusion is well thought out.

There is SOMETHING out there and that cannot be denied. Exactly what, to what degree and the ultimate conclusion still remains to be seen. Chances are that there will be more Draconian actions taken before this thing runs its' course, (I expect more conventions/athletic contests/public gatherings to be cancelled or, in the least. postponed. You will know that this thing is being taken seriously when the Disney properties are closed down.).

There WILL be a heavy financial toll from this along with any public health toll, and with the fracturing of the social fabric into political factions, I do not see a good outcome there. Perhaps one small positive will be a reconsideration of relying on offshore manufacturing of critical goods and a reconsideration of "just-in-time" supply to store shelves.

Panic benefits no one. Prudence and preparedness benefits us all.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 03-12-2020, 03:26 PM   #22
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Disneyland in Cali. shuts down, so far Orlando Disneyland remains open. Wonder what SDC is going to do. That would be a huge decision.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:57 PM   #23
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Disneyland paris, disney world florida, closing. I cannot image a lot of themed parks staying open with this trend.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #24
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Well, 18 NEW confirmed cases just today, in this one county alone...looks as if it could be breaking away from the control of county health dept...not what I wanted to occur since I still have about 2 more weeks that I must be here...guess will have to hope for some type of better news in the morning...
Old 03-13-2020, 02:35 AM   #25
soxster
Super Ultra Member

I think SDC is in a holding pattern, wait and see. They have a plan.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...us/5030588002/

Last edited by soxster; 03-13-2020 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:28 AM   #26
engel
Super Ultra Member

I'm already bummed out by the cancellation of all college basketball tournaments, my major entertainment this time of year, but I totally understand why. The local university shut down yesterday.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:11 AM   #27
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
I think SDC is in a holding pattern, wait and see. They have a plan.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...us/5030588002/

There's a confirmed case of the virus in Springfield. Only a matter of time before it makes it 30 miles south. I predict a very delay opening at SDC.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #28
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
There's a confirmed case of the virus in Springfield. Only a matter of time before it makes it 30 miles south. I predict a very delay opening at SDC.
I have to admit...I'm rethinking my plans to go to SDC on opening day.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #29
OkieAnon

I figured Disneyland yesterday would be like in sports once the NBA announced postponing the season others felt the pressure and followed, it may not be as fast but with Disney closing my guess is others will feel the pressure to join them.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #30
WireRoad

Trump is declaring a national emergency today at 3pm. People need to get a grip on how serious this is.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...virus-n1157981

Closed Thread