1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2020, 05:28 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: se iowa
Posts: 1,476
Aquarium

Has there been any progress on this where the grand palace was? Any idea on a opening date
wwgang is offline  
Old 01-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,281
According to the website it is scheduled to open in the summer of 2020 and they have started hiring staff.

https://www.aquariumattheboardwalk.com/
biscuitcreek is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 10:50 PM   #3
Kalt
The Cold One
 
Kalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
According to the website it is scheduled to open in the summer of 2020 and they have started hiring staff.

https://www.aquariumattheboardwalk.com/
This timeline is so weird. I don't understand how they can be open by that time. They have to finish construction and establish marine ecosystems...seems pretty unlikely unless they're sacrificing something.
Kalt is offline  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
OkieAnon
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 22,707
https://www.facebook.com/BransonsTou...7253902380817/


if the above link works at about the 7:40 mark in the video you can see a fairly recent drive by of the aquarium and I would have to agree that being done anytime this summer looks like would be tough to do.
OkieAnon is offline  
Old 02-14-2020, 12:01 PM   #5
soxster
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,089
Yea.....china can build a huge hospital in less than 2 weeks but, not everyone has unlimited resources. It gets done when it gets done. There has been quite a bit of rain mixed in those construction days. And you are right, you cannot just throw fish in water and expect them to thrive.
soxster is offline  
Old 02-16-2020, 08:37 AM   #6
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,100
So interesting name they have chosen for the overall sight...Branson Boardwalk...in that there ALREADY is an "attraction" with a very similar name...the Branson Landing Boardwalk...which specifically is the paved boardwalk running 1.5 miles along Lake Taneycomo. Many times I have met both locals, and friends coming to Branson, and we will say, oh, lets just meet at "the Boardwalk" at the Landing...and either walk it, or grab something to eat and drink at one of the restaurants that are overlooking it. So now, I guess we have a "Boardwalk" at the Landing, and one "on the Strip". I wonder sometimes, do people, including the City Planning Commission, ever THINK things through before they christen something with a name???
leftsaidted is offline  
Old 02-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #7
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
I wonder sometimes, do people, including the City Planning Commission, ever THINK things through before they christen something with a name???
^^^ No, No they don't.
__________________
Just another Day..
sanddunerider is offline  
Old 03-11-2020, 02:14 PM   #8
otterchaos
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 64
Any new real-life photos of this area? I haven't been in town for awhile, so am curious what it looks like. The artist renderings are beautiful! I just hope it can compete with The Oklahoma Aquarium because we love that one! (Bass Pro's in Springfield is fine, too. The displays are pretty, but we just thought there were mostly local/river fish on display. -Loved the interactive ray tank, though!!!)
otterchaos is offline  
Old 03-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #9
RevRick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stigler Oklahoma
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
So interesting name they have chosen for the overall sight...Branson Boardwalk...in that there ALREADY is an "attraction" with a very similar name...the Branson Landing Boardwalk...which specifically is the paved boardwalk running 1.5 miles along Lake Taneycomo. Many times I have met both locals, and friends coming to Branson, and we will say, oh, lets just meet at "the Boardwalk" at the Landing...and either walk it, or grab something to eat and drink at one of the restaurants that are overlooking it. So now, I guess we have a "Boardwalk" at the Landing, and one "on the Strip". I wonder sometimes, do people, including the City Planning Commission, ever THINK things through before they christen something with a name???
I suppose they are attempting to make the tie-in with the previously announced "Boardwalk" shopping/dining mall complex that is supposed to be constructed in the vacant area just south of the Grand Village parking lot. Earlier announcements said it would feature shopping, and after-hours dining and entertainment. Sounds like they might be waiting to see how the aquarium is received before they begin their own construction. Hence, the theme for the new aquarium .... But, they might be better served using "boardwalk after hours" , or something to that effect, to avoid confusion with the Landing's already established offering.
RevRick is offline  
Old 03-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #10
otterchaos
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 64
We care for some properties but don't currently LIVE in Branson, so just a note from an "outsider" ;-)......
I have NEVER heard of "The Landing" being called "The Boardwalk". Is that really its name? Or do people call it that? I know there is a boardwalk/waterfront sidewalk there, so it makes sense, but I've never actually heard it referred to as such.
otterchaos is offline  
Old 03-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #11
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,100
If you buy a Condo at the Landing, facing Taneycomo, it is referred to as a "Boardwalk Property/Condo". If you buy a condo at the Landing, facing away from Taneycomo (facing the shopping side) it is called a "Promenade Property/Condo".

You can also go to Branson.com, there you will see the "Official" title of said frontage/sidewalk listed as BRANSON LANDING BOARDWALK.

So, yea, that's its official legitimate name.
leftsaidted is offline  
Old 03-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #12
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterchaos View Post
We care for some properties but don't currently LIVE in Branson, so just a note from an "outsider" ;-)......
I have NEVER heard of "The Landing" being called "The Boardwalk". Is that really its name? Or do people call it that? I know there is a boardwalk/waterfront sidewalk there, so it makes sense, but I've never actually heard it referred to as such.

when i refer to that part of "town", I dont use either name, I have a whole different name... LOL
__________________
Just another Day..
sanddunerider is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Branson Aquarium DalmatianDad Branson Shows 7 12-05-2019 09:00 AM
Aquarium at the Boardwalk tortminder Branson Missouri Other 6 02-28-2019 09:38 PM
Worlds of Wonder Aquarium DalmatianDad Other Destinations 15 10-03-2018 09:47 AM
Aquarium at the Boardwalk bransoncutie Branson Attractions 12 09-03-2018 02:12 PM
aquarium poll OkieAnon Branson Attractions 21 09-11-2002 10:22 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 AM.


--