1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 10:57 AM   #1
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

Wonders of Wildlife

I have read that a lot of people going to Bass Pro but not to Wonders of Wildlife. I think WOW is very interesting. I have been twice and you see something different everytime you go. I think a lot of people think it is a museum filled with just "stuffed" animals. There are some in there but I would describe it as an indoor zoo. LOTS of different types of "live" animals from otters to jellyfish to sharks and alligators, etc. It is very cool and the kids as well as the adults would love it. I heard recently that they had lowered their admission price some to entice even more people. So make sure when you go to Springfield and to Bass Pro that you check out WOW.

Here is their website: http://www.wondersofwildlife.org

Last edited by Jerm; 06-20-2003 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:24 AM   #2
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

We saw it last year, and did enjoy it. I heard a few visitors talking about the high admission price. The lower price may help attendance.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:41 PM   #3
Okie

We went last year, it was good. But I agree the price was too steep. What have they lowered it too?
Old 06-20-2003, 01:01 PM   #4
Branson Mom
Just me

I just heard recently that they have changed the name of it too. I believe it is something like the Zooaquarium, for the very reasons you were stating Jerm.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:11 PM   #5
kari

I just emailed them to get more info and this was the response:

Thank you for your email. Wonders of Wildlife Zooquarium, is a 92,000-square-foot premier fish and wildlife attraction accredited by the American Association of Zoos and Aquariums. WOWZ celebrates manís interaction with nature and our responsibility to manage wildlife resources. Featuring nearly 250 species of live animals, the zooquarium is a non-profit organization designed to educate, inform and entertain visitors concerning the value of fish and wildlife, to help them appreciate our heritage of hunting and fishing and to motivate their personal involvement in the conservation of our outdoor resources. Visitors are encouraged to bring their cameras - WOWZ offers diverse photo opportunities.
Located next door to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World at the corner of Sunshine St. and Campbell Ave. in Springfield, Mo., Wonders of Wildlife Zooquarium is open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. except Christmas Day. For more information, call 1.877.245.WILD (9543) toll-free or visit www.wondersofwildlife.org online.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:40 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

I can't find a one day ticket pass cost on their website - but I'm thinking it's been reduced to $10 per person.

I did find this list of annual Memberships, this would make another good Christmas/Birthday gift for a child or family!

Basic Membership Levels
(annual memberships)
Individual - $30

1 unlimited-use pass
Couple - $45

2 unlimited-use passes
Family - $65

2 adults and all children living at home under age 18 - unlimited-use passes
Senior Individual (65+) - $25

1 unlimited-use pass
Senior Couple (65+) - $40

2 unlimited-use passes
Grandparent - $75
2 adults and all grandchildren under age 18 - unlimited-use passes

Student with ID - $25

1 unlimited-use pass
Guest Pass - $25

May be added to any membership. Allows one guest each visit.

(All children under 4 admitted free when accompanied by parent or legal guardian)
Old 06-21-2003, 08:42 AM   #7
scissortail
~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for the link, Jerm!
I had been wondering about that place.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:44 AM   #8
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

They just got a new leader.

Everything on the site has changed and right now, everything doesn't come up when you click on it.

It is a great place, we go atleast once a month. It has been fun watching the Sea Horses go from tiny little, to big full grown !!

They even had programs that kids can go to during the summer.
I really hope it succeeds as it gives us something that I can take my Mom or my granddaughter and both enjoy it equally well and be inside instead of out in the heat.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #9
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

Here are the admission prices they have listed on their website

General Admission:
Adult $9.95
Adult - Metro Springfield
(Christian, Dallas, Greene, Polk, Webster Co.) $8.95
Child (4 - 11) $6.25
Family $29.95
Family - Metro Springfield
(Christian, Dallas, Greene, Polk, Webster Co.) $24.95