1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
bsmama

best magic show?

my hubby wants to see a magic show we have a 3yo and a newborn (the newborn wont care, lol) but, what is the best magic show in branson? (where the 3yo wont be scared) thanks!!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:49 AM   #2
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

I would say Kirby Vanburch.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
Professor Piper
Ultra Member

Location: Branson, Missouri, USA, Planet Earth (Third Rock from the Sun)
Hamner/Barber is one of the best shows in town!

Such great guys and a wonderful show...

PLUS, the show is light on big noises and stuff like that, that would scare a 3 year old.

Just my 2cents.

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
Tide Turner

Thumbs up Once again, I agree with the Professor!

Without doubt, Hamner-Barber is the best magic show in Branson for your family. And be sure to purchase your son a simple magic trick in the gift shop on your way out. It will serve as a memory that might last a lifetime.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

Kirby! My 3 year old grand daughter LOVED his show!!

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/
Old 05-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Definitely Hamner Barber! The 3-year-old will not only enjoy the magic, but there's also the birds, and the crazy antics of Jim Barber -- EXCELLENT choice!!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member

I agree also, Hamner Barber. It is a variety show so it isn' just magic trick after magic trick which would bore a 3 year old. It has magic, music, Barber with his dummies and dancing. Very good show.

Kirby's show is good but it is non stop magic tricks. Some kids get tired if it, some kids are amazed. I don't know how your child would react. I have seen some kids entranced and I have seen some kids have "meltdowns" because they are bored and want to go.

Darren Romeo is a great show but I don't think it would be good for small children. I have seen some at the show and they seemed to make it ok but I think his show is more oriented for the adults. I don't mean it is dirty, it is NOT. It is a super clean family show, I just think the magic and his great singing voice is more appreciated by an adult vs. a child.

Bart Rocket also has a magic show and comedy. He also has a dummy. The best thing about his show is the time. it's at 5:00pm and it runs 90 minutes. You can see it between other shows. I enjoy the show but I don't know how a child will take the show. He does a great standup comedy act that I love. It changes like Dave Letterman or Leno's to fit the current events. I think it is fun.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
KsW

I personally love kirby! I have been seeing his show since the first year it came to town and I am in my 20's. Some people might find his boring but to each their own. Perks of the show include the tigers, unicorn, and chicken duck trick! Very funny!!! He has a trick in the show where he brings a youngster on stage and the kid gets to take home a whole bunch of stuff for helping him out . There are three dancers, very colorful costumes, and kirby himself is quite the jokester onstage! One of my favorite parts is at the very end when he gives his testimony!! All in all it is a very fast paced show as far as magic is concerned and the over all experience is so fascinating
Old 05-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
StartYrEngines

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsW View Post
I personally love kirby! I have been seeing his show since the first year it came to town and I am in my 20's. Some people might find his boring but to each their own. Perks of the show include the tigers, unicorn, and chicken duck trick! Very funny!!! He has a trick in the show where he brings a youngster on stage and the kid gets to take home a whole bunch of stuff for helping him out . There are three dancers, very colorful costumes, and kirby himself is quite the jokester onstage! One of my favorite parts is at the very end when he gives his testimony!! All in all it is a very fast paced show as far as magic is concerned and the over all experience is so fascinating

You love Kirby because you're a dancer in his show.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:02 AM   #10
linron
Super Ultra Member

I personally prefer Kirby, but Hamner Barber is good too. If your child likes animals, i'd pick Kirby but don't think you'd go wrong with either choice, or even seeing both.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:10 AM   #11
TonySoprano
Bada Bing

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartYrEngines View Post
You love Kirby because you're a dancer in his show.
Oh god, another cheesecake. So what? I think she gave the person a pretty good description of a show. Do you think the original poster cares if she is?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
South Texan
With East Texas Roots

I have no dog in this fight, but having seen Kirby's show I highly recommend it. I have not seen Hamner Barber, so on this one I cannot say.

Last edited by South Texan; 05-24-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 05-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #13
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
Oh god, another cheesecake. So what? I think she gave the person a pretty good description of a show. Do you think the original poster cares if she is?
I do agree she has a good review BUT there has been many people that have used this forum to do "Free Advertisement". And NO she wasn't doing that she was giving a very nice review.

Several people last year posted great reviews sometimes several times a week for themself (using an id that you could not guess was them) or their employer. Some were caught, some everybody knew they worked for the person they were promoting but they were allowed to continue which I didn't think was right. The people all said they were not in the business, no I don't work for the show, etc but it was obvious they did. It got pretty bad for a while. It wasn't only show reviews but also hotel and dining. It got to the point that I got disgusted with this forum and didn't even look at it for months.

I think people are still a little on edge from what happened last year. I think that it might have taken the edge off of she had admitted working there. No one minds of someone says "I work at X show and we are going to be doing this and that and please come and see it". I actually LOVE those notes because I like it when a show is changed. I usually go and see it BUT if a person is being dishonest and trying to use this forum to get free add space (as happened last year and probably many times in the past), that isn't right.

I don't think ANYONE is wrong here.

Last edited by kbradleyar; 05-24-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #14
Catfish
Da King of Branson

For a 3 year old, I would go to Bart Rocket. All the grandkids seemed to love him. His dummy act is hilarious!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:51 PM   #15
KsW

Hey ya'll sorry if any one was upset by my review. Whether I am in the show or not really shouldn't matter. I can see if I were bashing another show but I didn't. I did give a honest review b/c I really have been going to that show since the first year when he was at the Remington. I have seen all of the other magic shows and they all have their good points. I have always loved tigers so Kirby had me won over years ago b/c of that.

Closed Thread