1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

View Poll Results: if built would you go to the new aquarium
yes - would go many times over the next few years 25 58.14%
yes would probably once but probably no more 7 16.28%
maybe - depending on the price 5 11.63%
no - never - just doesn't interest me 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 02:36 PM   #1
OkieAnon

aquarium poll

ok, i've got to much time on my hands and someone today got me started playing with polls, now I don't know about any aquariums any other towns, don't know why they succeed or why they fail, just curious what everyone thinks about one in Branson simply would you go or not go?
Old 09-06-2002, 02:50 PM   #2
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I absolutely love polls....and the discussion that they bring about.

Its really a great way to bounce our opinions off of each other...we probably wont change any minds, but knowing what others think, will always give us knowledge and flexibility.

Think up somemore...this is fun.....
Old 09-07-2002, 09:11 AM   #3
Branson Mom
Just me

Well, for some reason the system won't let me vote. Any ideas why? I'll try again later, but for now.

I'm not sure why they work or why they don't, but I think that it would be a nice addition to Branson and would do well here!
Old 09-07-2002, 10:21 AM   #4
bgroman
Administrator

I've been looking into this issue...

It looks to be an issue with AOL cache servers and polls (by and large). Every mention I've heard of this problem has come from AOL. Obviously, there must be something programming-wise that can be done on the message board that could fix this as other areas of the message board seem to be unaffected.

There have been reports that minimizing aol and using internet explorer for web browsing fixes this for many people.

If you give this a try, could you let me know if it works?

thanks,

basil
Old 09-07-2002, 10:24 AM   #5
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks Basil, I sure will!
Old 09-07-2002, 10:27 AM   #6
Branson Mom
Just me

Sure enough!!! I minimized AOL, opened internet explorer, went to the messageboard and viola!!! I could vote!! Thank you for your help!!!! Have a nice day!
Old 09-07-2002, 02:25 PM   #7
bransoninsider
Ultra Member

Wink Observation

you can tell that people voting for multiple visits to an aquarium have never been in a large scale aquarium in their lives.

Once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

I know of what I speak.

the insider
Old 09-07-2002, 03:20 PM   #8
bgroman
Administrator

Re: Observation

Quote:
Originally posted by bransoninsider
you can tell that people voting for multiple visits to an aquarium have never been in a large scale aquarium in their lives.

Once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

I know of what I speak.

the insider
Me thinks you presume too much.

I realize that living here the past 15 years has probably relegated my once "superior, city-fied" intellect to mere "Ozark hillbilly" levels. I can only aspire to the ease with which you handle your omniscience. To be able to throw around blanket statements with such confidence...

However, I am what I am and can only speak for myself, but I have been to aquariums for repeat visits. The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago comes to mind as my most recent repeat visit. I also did repeat visits to the Museum of Science and Industry as well as the Field Museum of Natural History.

But then again, I still look up at the stars at night in awe and wonder. I still enjoy looking out towards the lake and watching the deer graze. And even now, I still poke my head into my kids' rooms on occasion just to watch them sleep. All things I've seen before and hope to see again.

Guess I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that I'll just never reach that next level of sophisitication....

basil
Old 09-07-2002, 09:07 PM   #9
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Well... this dumb Swede sure is glad he has the Insider around to tell him what to do, because here I went and voted for multiple visits!! What the devil was I thinking?? I've been to some of the top aquariums in the United States... the Shedd in Chicago, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Epcot's Living Seas and Sea World in Orlando. I guess I just wasn't smart enough to know I wasn't supposed to enjoy them!!

Old 09-09-2002, 08:22 AM   #10
OkieAnon

well, when I voted, I voted that one visit would be enough. that was a few days ago, the weather was in the upper 90's an aquarium didn't seem like that big of a deal, today it's in the 60's, drizzle, off and on rain... made me think how many times we've been to Branson and the weather would turn off just like this and we'd have nothing to do indoors but shop, see an i-max movie or go play indoor mini golf at grand country. never been to an aquarium, assume most of it's indoors, seems like another indoor year round activity would be nice, if I could vote again i'd vote for multiple visits.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:41 AM   #11
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Just dont forget to bring your fishing poles......) If the aquarium is the flop that is predicted.....they might let you help them get rid of the residents.........ya think?
Old 09-09-2002, 08:43 AM   #12
Branson Mom
Just me

Cheesecake! You are so bad ! Thanks for the laugh!
Old 09-09-2002, 09:17 AM   #13
OkieAnon

maybe later on.. we could all get together, have a big fish fry. but for now if things are as bad as predicted, maybe we all need to try an help out so they don't have to get all this tax money to make it succeed.... i'm getting some awfully nice catfish in my pond, maybe I could catch a few an bring over, turtles- got more of them than I know what to do with, i'll pay them to take a few off my hands, anybody got a couple of big stock tanks? sure if we all chip in we'll make this thing work.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #14
rvmom

Multiples visits

Well, I have been to more than one large upscale aquarium and I love them. I voted for going multiple times and I WOULD go multiple times.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:01 AM   #15
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Cheesecake -- are you related to me? My mother would be the person who put that answer above -- give her a fishing pole and she'd be in hog heaven. I love to catch them, but don't like to fix or eat them. Only fish I eat is Tuna and only in tuna salad and really have to be in the mood for it.

But I do like to go to the aquariums like Iva said -- just to see how the animals change with time. I love to spend time watching them swim, build, etc. When we went to Chicago one trip, we got there at Penguin Feeding Time and got to help feed the penguins. What a thrill. Wouldn't have traded it for the world!

Closed Thread