1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 06:42 AM   #1
LauraIowa

Southern Oaks INn or Quality Inn

Want to stay at motel close to Shoji show - both of these are across the street or nearby - both offer indoor pool/hot tub and continental breakfast and are about same cost.
Anyone stayed at either on Shepherd of Hills Expressway???
Laura
Old 09-16-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
arkansan

We have stayed at the Southern Oaks before. I have no complaints. The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was not as great as I was expecting, but overall I would recommend it.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Southern Oaks Inn

Breakfast....It's heavily carbo-ladened....but I still ate the fresh from the oven carmel sweet rolls and the apple spice donuts with cream cheese. Mr.Suse had cereal, biscuits and gravy, one of the 3 kinds of fruit juice, milk, and glazed donuts....I am not kidding you...and then we swam it off in the large indoor pool and spa. I love the fact that the double doors on each side of the pool open to decks for sunning and the view from the back is nothing but trees.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:24 AM   #4
LauraIowa

Suselit,
Is that the Quality Inn? Their indoor pool/hot tub looked really nice or is this the Southern Oaks??
Thanks.
Sounds like you really enjoyed the Andy/Ann show at Moon River Theatre as well???
THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT REPORTS!!!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:36 AM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thank you, Laura.

Laura, I was talking about the Southern Oaks Inn. Building C is where the indoor pool/spa is. The outdoor pool in located between Buildings A & B, I think. All the buildings are connected...in a line. You get a two key deal, one for the outside doors and one key for your room. We like to stay in Building C near the pool since we use it so much. Also, the Breakfast room is in the lower floor in C.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:28 AM   #6
LovetheLake

First time we came to Branson just to do shows we tried Southern Oaks and ended up switching to The Magnolia Inn after finding a big spider in the room which is an automatic check-out for my mom. I thought the rooms were nice and clean at Southern Oaks though and would have gladly stayed as it ended up costing more at The Magnolia Inn. Never stayed at Quality Inn though.

Closed Thread