Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #61
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

60° here.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #62
OkieAnon

If things all happen the way the early predictions are then the middle part of the country is in for a very bad time of it starting at the end of this week and anywhere from another 7 to 14 days. Over that time I have read storms anywhere from Texas to the Dakota's.

I read one storm chaser who is thinking of flying out from Philadelphia on Friday because he thinks it could be historic. I don't like that the area drawn in is my backyard.

Something else I've been reading about is we should expect a lot of smoke the next few days, lot of wildfires in Mexico and the smoke is moving north with the warm front that is to kicking off all these storms.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #63
OkieAnon

I posted the above post last night after watching the tv weatherman talking about the risk and how rare it was for The Storm Prediction Center to issue a 6 day away threat, he said it only happens 3 or 4 times a year and usually means NWS thinks something significant is maybe going to happen.

Now they still have the threat up for Friday but another 6 day out risk threat has been issued for Saturday, this one more for central Oklahoma and north Texas. if they only do that 3 or 4 times a year... there's 2 in one week.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #64
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
I posted the above post last night after watching the tv weatherman talking about the risk and how rare it was for The Storm Prediction Center to issue a 6 day away threat, he said it only happens 3 or 4 times a year and usually means NWS thinks something significant is maybe going to happen.

Now they still have the threat up for Friday but another 6 day out risk threat has been issued for Saturday, this one more for central Oklahoma and north Texas. if they only do that 3 or 4 times a year... there's 2 in one week.
They may have to extend their "year" to 20+ months.

:s peechless:

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 05-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #65
OkieAnon

we have a tornado threat in my area this afternoon but it looks like the bigger threat area is the Ozarks, Arkansas in particular.

then there's Monday. I will be glad when Monday is over. The last two or three days when the weathermen talk of Monday they just kind of frown and look at the floor and shake their heads. Now the SPC has come out with the government forecast, usually they talk about negative tilts and thermodynamics ect... but this morning they lead off with there could be a "significant weather event" and "significant tornadoes on Monday beginning in the eastern Texas Panhandle and moving east into Oklahoma.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:20 PM   #66
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Weather radio has gone off a couple of times this afternoon. We are under a tornado watch. According to the radar the leading edge of the storm should be here in an hour or so if it continues to move at 55 mph.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:05 AM   #67
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Heavy rain in the Branson area yesterday afternoon.

Blew deck furniture into a new arrangement on the decks along with uprooting some umbrellas, along with their tables. Rain was blowing in a sideways pattern that blew right through the garage before I could get the garage doors down.

Leaving Branson this afternoon and headed back to the KC area where I will be seeing more rain, so they say, most of next week. Am thinking of trading in my car for a canoe.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #68
OkieAnon

I hope tomorrow is nowhere near the hype the weather people are giving us,,,, worst setup in 5 years,,,, no wost in 20 years,,, no this is the worst anyone has seen.....

I hope and pray it's one big dud because I am in the middle of it. Taking precautions though covering up as much of the garden as possible, putting away breakables and anything that can blow away.

Funny thing is its about as far from storms today as it can get, 60 degrees and a cold north wind, not a cloud around.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #69
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I heart the “Weather” has already ramped up in OK.
Okie, check in when you can and give us a report.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #70
OkieAnon

well currently here we are in the low 50's with a cold rain, had a little pea size hail but it didn't last long, however a little ways to my south it's up to 80 and sunshine, so things are cooking and about to boil. As long as that warm air stays to my south hoping it won't get to bad here, but it's closer than expected so just wait and see.

there is a Particularly Dangerous Situation Tornado watch to my SW in the Texas Panhandle.

Everyone is on edge, schools have been cancelled, employee's sent home early from work, it's not just the tv ratings whore weathermen hyping this, the NWS people keep talking about softball size hail, large EF5 type tornadoes, violent long track tornadoes.

then flooding becomes a problem a big part of the state is expected to get 5 to 9 inches of rain, the ground is already wet, creeks and ponds are full so that much rain will be pretty bad.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #71
OkieAnon

the NWS just put out a statement that a watch is likely for much of Arkansas and parts of Southern Mo.

I've had the heater on all day, temps in the low 50's, ton of rain, there was an inch and a half when I went home for lunch and it's rained all afternoon. At least for here it hasn't been bad, tv has shown several tornadoes to the south and east of the warm front but none as bad as predicted.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #72
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
the NWS just put out a statement that a watch is likely for much of Arkansas and parts of Southern Mo.

I've had the heater on all day, temps in the low 50's, ton of rain, there was an inch and a half when I went home for lunch and it's rained all afternoon. At least for here it hasn't been bad, tv has shown several tornadoes to the south and east of the warm front but none as bad as predicted.
Sounds as if your weather has been the same as the KC area. I am convinced it is never going to warm up so we can enjoy some nice spring weather but am thankful that, so far, there is nothing on the news about tornado activity.

Those of you having severe weather, stay safe.

:s peechless:

Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #73
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Enjoy the rain and cool temps...it won't be long until everyone is carping about how unbearably hot and dry it is....grass turning brown...flowers wilting...even the cows get ticked off by july/august weather, say PHOOEY on all this... and go stand in the ponds to protest, it always appears to me.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #74
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
.even the cows get ticked off by july/august weather, say PHOOEY on all this... and go stand in the ponds to protest, it always appears to me.
I'm thinking the cows should not complain considering there are those who want to eliminate them and their f**ts all together.

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 05-20-2019, 07:56 PM   #75
craftemp
Ultra Member

Sending prayers for the safety of everyone.

Closed Thread