1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Best Christmas Light's Display

Ok...we are going to be in Branson over Thanksgiving and wanted to know where the best Christmas lights display was located at in the area. Any info would be great!!

James
Old 11-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

We love the Festival of Lights drive-thru.

It has always been good but they added so much this year, it is now great. I understand they are breaking records for people driving thru.

If you go, be sure to check out the big gingerbread house. It is so cute.

Would a Kansas person lead another Kansas person wrong?????????? NO

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 11-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

There is no Enchanted Forest light display at the Indian Point COE campground this year.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
There is no Enchanted Forest light display at the Indian Point COE campground this year.
Am sorry to hear that. Light displays just make everything seem to Christmasey (I don't think that is a word but it sounds good),

Thanks for the info.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #5
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
We love the Festival of Lights drive-thru.

It has always been good but they added so much this year, it is now great. I understand they are breaking records for people driving thru.

If you go, be sure to check out the big gingerbread house. It is so cute.

Would a Kansas person lead another Kansas person wrong?????????? NO
I would you wouldn't lead us wrong...LOL...where is the Festival of Lights tour?

Thanks Again!!

James
Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater1997 View Post
I would you wouldn't lead us wrong...LOL...where is the Festival of Lights tour?

Thanks Again!!

James
On Expressway Lane beginning at Shepherd of the Hills Expressway. You will exit at Expressway Lane and Roark Valley Road.

If you go to the entrance of Sight and Sound Theater, you will see big signs and lights guiding you into the trail.

Hope you enjoy.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
mikee

Smile

The Cost Is Only $10.00 Per Passenger Car Or You Can Get A Season Pass For $20.00 If You Want To Go Back Again. If You Live In The Area, The Season Pass Is Great. You Can Go Back And Take Guests With You. Such A Deal For A Great Display Of Lights.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
Nicola

Zoo Lights?

I saw a display while we were driving back to Stillwaters from the Kirby Show. It was called "Zoo Lights" I think. Did anybody take this one in? It was late and we had a very tired 5 year old, so decided to skip it, but looked pretty cool from up above. It wasn't far from the Trail of Lights, just down the hill a bit. Wish that I could give you an exact location (late, dark, traffic, etc). Was this "Zoo Lights" what is otherwise called the Festival of Lights? I may just be confused. We've only every done the Trail of Lights. But tried it last Thanksgiving and the line/traffic was insane, so didn't bother trying again this year.

We also didn't realize that the Indian Point lights wouldn't be up this year and were disappointed not to see them. But SDC could make up for an entire world's lack of lights. We had the best time! :-)

Last edited by Nicola; 11-30-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
I saw a display while we were driving back to Stillwaters from the Kirby Show. It was called "Zoo Lights" I think. Did anybody take this one in? It was late and we had a very tired 5 year old, so decided to skip it, but looked pretty cool from up above. It wasn't far from the Trail of Lights, just down the hill a bit. Wish that I could give you an exact location (late, dark, traffic, etc). Was this "Zoo Lights" what is otherwise called the Festival of Lights? I may just be confused. We've only every done the Trail of Lights. But tried it last Thanksgiving and the line/traffic was insane, so didn't bother trying again this year.

We also didn't realize that the Indian Point lights wouldn't be up this year and were disappointed not to see them. But SDC could make up for an entire world's lack of lights. We had the best time! :-)
They have some lighted displays with animals in the Trail Of Lights but I can't recall hearing anybody call it by that name. I can't remember seeing any other lighted display close to that one.

The Trail Of Lights has really been busy this year but everybody I have talked to said it is worth the wait. They have added so much this year and have a new Santa Toy Shop the kids would love---this kid does.

Closed Thread