1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
AStarsFan

Empty billboards ...

I was driving into Branson south on 65 and was noticing all of the billboards for rent. I have lived hear since 2001 and I have never noticed more than one or two at any given time for rent. There was one spot with 3 in a row and a couple more after that. Is this a sign of sagging economy in Branson or just that the billboard advertising isnt doing what it used to? I also have noticed The Haygoods and Redneck Tenors have 3 billboards apiece going north on 65. Why advertise to people as they are LEAVING Branson? Why not use the ones on south side going INTO Branson? ... Just wondering
Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Some of the empty ones will probably fill up closer to the start of the season. There are still some shows that have to find a theater, and there are still some theaters that need to find shows for the season.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
OkieAnon

are there more empty billboards or has someone finally got around to cleaning the old outdated ones up?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

As far as the billboards that face south as you're heading north out of town. I've wondered that myself a few times. And there are a ton of them.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

I think the ones facing Northbound traffic are considerably less expensive. And I can see why!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
I think the ones facing Northbound traffic are considerably less expensive. And I can see why!
That's what I'm thinking. Are the decision makers at these theaters just so dull as to not think of why the price seems too good to be true? I can't imagine the billboards facing south cost much. Or do they think people visiting Branson are going to make a trip to Springfield while they're here?
I don't see this so much while heading So on 65. It just perplexes me. Just one of those things I guess.

Closed Thread