1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Coming September 9

You will have a choice. Great new concert venue. An alternative to theater shows, or an after the showdestination for dining, dancing, drinks, and live music.
https://choicessaloon.com
Old 08-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

I've been advocating for adding dancing to certain Branson shows for quite a few years. This isn't what I had in mind, but I hope they are successful.

Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

From times I've been to Rowdy Beaver when they had great bands like Michelle McBride to the Bret Michaels concert at the Welk theater I too have thought if Branson were to apeal to people under retirement age they would need some good concert venues, and bars with live bands, and enough room for a partying crowd.
This could be it, but I hope it expands beyond just country. Before the other thread mysteriously disappeared someone mentioned Delbert McClinton. I'd make a special trip to Branson just to see his great talent live on stage.
Then there's Anthony Gomes. He has played places in Springfield, andStafford, and has told me when he played here that he would love to play Branson.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

At first glance, it would seem so simple and profitable to run a bar/live music/dance joint....after all, you think...they are charging 8 bucks for a ounce of liquor...and you know how much you can buy an entire bottle for...and how many ounces are in it....waitress’s work for tips...bands aren’t crazy expensive if they are local...as they want the exposure...shoot, what could be easier??
But not so. A nightclub must be run so TIGHT...gotta pay for your liquor...gotta pay your taxes...gotta pay your rent...gotta pay your help....gotta hire proper security and NOT allow fights to happen...gotta NOT serve a cute girl who you darn well know is underage for drinking, but she is so hot...you know she will be a magnet for hard drinking guys who you can make lots of money off...and so on.
I have seen so many clubs close due to NOT doing at least one, or several, of these MUST DO’s...I have seen several close who did all this to the letter, but still could not generate the revenue to continue operations...My favorite club in Fayetteville Ark closed several years ago, it was run and managed by a guy I know who’s family was VERY experienced with that type of business...but after a few years, he had to let it go...it could not be consistently profitable...And it was a very popular place, packed on Friday and Saturday nights...but...how about the OTHER five nights?? Not many business’s can remain solvent only being open 2 days per week. That’s why they all try Wed or Thurs “Ladies Nights”...etc...but its hard to pull consistent crowds all week.
So..yea, I would also love to see another nightclub open in Branson...and be operated professionally and successfully....I can guarantee you the reason it is not happening is because people with the financial means to fund one, know it is DIFFICULT for it to turn a profit, and they do not want to risk their money. But...hopefully,someday...someone...somewhere....I have thought and thought about it myself over the years...but...its a pretty big risk. So, I just sit back and wait..hoping someone else will take the plunge.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:09 PM   #5
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
From times I've been to Rowdy Beaver when they had great bands like Michelle McBride to the Bret Michaels concert at the Welk theater I too have thought if Branson were to apeal to people under retirement age they would need some good concert venues, and bars with live bands, and enough room for a partying crowd.
This could be it, but I hope it expands beyond just country. Before the other thread mysteriously disappeared someone mentioned Delbert McClinton. I'd make a special trip to Branson just to see his great talent live on stage.
Then there's Anthony Gomes. He has played places in Springfield, andStafford, and has told me when he played here that he would love to play Branson.
We worked very hard to bring Martina McBride and Bret Michaels to town, as well as folks like Jay Leno, David Spade and Howie Mandel. We were very happy to recently announce Amy Grant will be here on March 8. The biggest issue continues to be that younger artists, no matter how much money you offer, do not want to play in Branson. In the entertainment industry Branson is still considered uncool, the place where your grandparents bring their parents on vacation. We know that is not correct, but that is the image of the community. This year we entered into an agreement with a fantastic venue in Springfield, Juanita K. Hammons Hall. That means we now have three venues, two in Branson and one in Springfield. We have some wonderful things on the way in Springfield, and that gives us a first class facility to present performers who might otherwise not play Branson.

When we do have artists appear at our Branson venues they always have rave reviews because we offer excellent facilities both technically and for our customers. The problem is getting them here for the first appearance. Until we get a new leader for the Chamber/CVB and some other changes there will be no progress made in changing the town’s image. I assure you that for most performers who appear in Springfield we have made a similar or larger offer, and there are many people who just will not play Branson under any circumstances. Sometimes it’s not even the artist making the decision. There are agents and managers who will not even let them know there are offers for them to play Branson because they are deciding it would be bad for their artists’ image.

Last edited by Branson Friend; 08-15-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Branson Friend, I think what Choice Concerts will bring is more entertainers that can fill a club, but maybe not an entire theater. Also, a looser, more party like atmosphere than rows of seats in a theater.
I remember at the Bret Michaels concert the ushers made people move back from the stage, and sit down when the Bon Jovi tribute band, Living On A Prayer, opened for him. I think you told me Bret said no way that was going to happen when he took the stage.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:26 PM   #7
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Branson Friend, I think what Choice Concerts will bring is more entertainers that can fill a club, but maybe not an entire theater. Also, a looser, more party like atmosphere than rows of seats in a theater.
I remember at the Bret Michaels concert the ushers made people move back from the stage, and sit down when the Bon Jovi tribute band, Living On A Prayer, opened for him. I think you told me Bret said no way that was going to happen when he took the stage.
Both acts instructed us to allow the fans to go as close to the stage as they wanted. We passed that along to the ushers, but we do not employ the ushers, they are employees of the venue. Being Branson, I’m sure it was something new to them that people were jumping and singing and having fun rather than sitting down and checking their email. A lot of things are a learning curve in Branson.

I wish Billy Yates the very best, he is a good guy and deserves to succeed. If the business does not succeed it will not be because of lack of effort. It’s a tough location, and artists like T Graham Brown and Tim Rushlow are good folks but they just do not draw. If it’s a fun venue then having talented folks like T and Tim will help draw a crowd. If the situation is right I would even talk with Billy about bringing some of my artists over there to play a set. Could be a lot of fun to have a big name artist pop in to play a few hits. I will certainly stop by and try to support Billy whenever I can, and I hope that everyone else involved with the venue gives him the tools he needs to succeed. I know over the years we have talked about things like a House of Blues coming to Branson, but it will not happen because they need a bigger population base and year-round business.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:03 PM   #8
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

For what it’s worth, my opinion is that if anyone can make this thing work, it would be Billy Yates!

Closed Thread