1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
mcurran

What Happened To Charlie Pride Theater?

Hi All,

I've heard that Charley Pride's Theater closed down a while back and then they leased to the White House people... Not sure if that's correct or not.

Does anyone know why Charlie's Show didn't fly?

He's a pretty well known star, at least he used to be one of the biggest
in the business.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:37 AM   #2
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Have been watching CMT lately and wonder if his depression didn't have something to do with the theatre not "flying" although I heard he had a good crowd every night and every show.

He is still performing, but not performing as much from what I gathered the other night. The White House folks (Mag 7 and others) do a great show in that theatre. We went a couple of years ago.

Vickie
Old 05-17-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
OkieAnon

we saw Charley 2 or 3 times in Branson and everytime we were there i'd say the theater was anywhere from 3/4ths to completely full, so think it would be hard to say that "it didn't fly".
Old 05-17-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Charley Pride performs in Branson at the Grand Palace Theatre now.
http://www.thegrandpalace.com/supers...ggeststars.htm

What used to be his theatre is now the beautiful White House Theatre.
http://www.bransonwhitehousetheatre.com
Old 05-17-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I wouldnt say Charilie's Show didn't fly........(I hate posts that start out NEGATIVE....with that pessimistic approach....puts posters on the defensive).

But he wasnt well, and then......did he have surgery on his throat?..and it was several years before he had retrained his voice........he still struggles today.....but he puts on a whale of good show.

With all the trouble he had and with the troubles "The Sound of Music" 's Julie Andrews had...re: throat surgery........I believe, led Andy Williams to just be 'quiet' for a year....foregoing the surgery.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #6
jamijess

Okay not to get into anything here but I don't think the poster meant anything negative when they asked why the show "didn't fly". People here use that phrase all the time, doesn't mean anything other than that something obviously happened. I'm assuming others took the phrase to mean that his show didn't take off or do well. Of course I didn't post the original question but I'm guessing the poster just wondered why the show didn't last.

Sorry I just didn't want the person to feel like they had done anything wrong by asking a question. That's the thing with message boards, things can get taken the wrong way when they aren't meant to be harmful or negative at all.

I just wanted to make sure this person felt welcome like I always have here. I would hate for anyone to miss out on the great people here and the wonderful sharing of knowledge you all have.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:15 AM   #7
mcurran

Thanks Jamie

Yes indeed,

You are right - I sure didn't mean anything negative - just wondering why it closed down.

Smiles

Mark
Old 05-23-2005, 07:09 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Charlie Pride has not been in that theatre for several years. The Promise was there for 2 or three years, through 2001. White House Theatre opened there in 2002, while The Promise was at Will Rogers.

Closed Thread