1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
brnsnewbee

Southern Oaks... CS doesn't have southern hospitality

After reading all the good replies here I decided to switch from Grand Country Inn to Southern Oaks to save us about $40/night. We're coming to Branson on the 11th so I went on their website early this morning to check availability. Apparently, you can't do that you can only make a reservation with your credit card which I did. After doing so, a page came up that said "Your reservation is being considered". So about an hour ago, since I still hadn't received a reply and I already have reservations at GC that I would need to cancel, I decided to call Southern Oaks.

I was rudely informed that they hadn't had time to check their email requests yet today but she was SURE they had nothing available that weekend. I nicely asked if she could just check anyway while I was on the phone. After a couple of minutes she said all they had was a Jacuzzi suite with one king bed and I said that would work (its just us and our 6 yr old and he sleeps with us in a king bed most of the time anyway), then she rudely told me that the jacuzzi suites were for adults and they prefer children NOT stay in them. EXCUSE me! If my child isn't welcome just because there's a jacuzzi tub, then I'll take my business elsewhere anyway.

Maybe, it just hit me wrong I just thought it was a rude way of doing business. BTW, immediately after I got off the phone, I got an email in all caps simply stating " I AM SORRY WE DONT HAVE ANY OPENINGS FOR YOU AT THIS TIME " ???? Is it just me??

Hope Grand Country is worth the extra bucks!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

We have never stayed at Southern Oaks, so I can't say anything about their rates or service, but I have stayed at Grand Country, and I just wanted to say that there are so many more places that you could stay that has rates between Grand Country and Southern Oaks Range. For the money, we were TOTALLY disappointed in the room. When staying there, you are paying for the water park, not the room, that's for sure. It was a standard motel room, small bath, very worn, dirty carpet. I have read many posts on here that love this place, and maybe we just had bad luck with our room, but I doubt it. At any rate, we won't spend our money there, when we take the grandkids, we will stay elsewhere, and just pay the day fee to take the kids to the waterpark one day.

So sorry about your experience with SO, I agree, that was rude, very rude.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
Btexan

Does anyone know if Southern Oaks is under new management? We have been pleased with them in the past, but after reading some of the recent comments, we are concerned.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #4
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

I really hate to here that about SO. I just called Monday to make a reservation there for Oct. and the lady I talked to was VERY nice. She said that they run a christian establishment, so it upsets me to know that they were rude to you on the phone. I hope when we stay there we have no problems. But I will let everyone know about our stay when we get back.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:19 PM   #5
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

You know, after reading this post over, and my reply.....maybe I was a little too quick to judge. I have had a bad day myself, and in working with the public all day, I probably haven't been as friendly and helpful as I should have been. I know that your experience was a bad one, and it shouldn't have been. Even tho is it no excuse, maybe they were very rushed at the time, or very busy. I have talked to Southern Oaks twice, once to make a reservation and then when plans fell thru, to cancel it. The first lady was very, very nice. The other was really irritated, like I was taking too much of her time, I even called back the week before our previously planned trip to make sure she canceled the reservation.

Anyway....the way you were treated was not right, but maybe something was wrong. Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt I guess.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:59 PM   #6
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

I agree with you Paticake, sometimes I guess we all have bad days and I know working with public can sometimes make your bad days really bad, but it never hurts to give people a second chance.....or a third....
Old 08-06-2005, 12:20 PM   #7
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

Southern Oaks had a quick change of managers 5 or 6 weeks ago. It was one of those deals where someone tells you he retired, and another one tells you he left quickly. That is still no excuse for not treating ANY customer with respect.

Closed Thread