1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg

What is the must see and do thing there? We will be going there in another week and I have listed quite a few activities, but we have never been there. I wish we could go ahead and make reservations, but would really like to know more of the location of where we would stay. I just know the bed has to be pillowtop. I cannot sleep on a hard bed. Lol!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
ozarksportsgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
What is the must see and do thing there? We will be going there in another week and I have listed quite a few activities, but we have never been there. I wish we could go ahead and make reservations, but would really like to know more of the location of where we would stay. I just know the bed has to be pillowtop. I cannot sleep on a hard bed. Lol!
What a coincidence
We leave tomorrow
We still stay a couple of nights in PF and move on to Gatlinburg for the next five.
You can try tripadvisor and go through the recommended hotels and see if a pillow top is mentioned in the reviews
Old 06-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Lots of info on Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg on Trip Advisor -- reviews and forum threads. More threads on PF/Gatlinburg in the Tennessee forum than any other TN location.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
We still stay a couple of nights in PF and move on to Gatlinburg for the next five.
Are the two towns that far apart? I was under the impression It was all one area.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
c kling
Ultra Member

Right beside each other with a small wooded area separating them. They have a trolley running between them. Use to be a quarter a ride not sure what it is now.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
ozarksportsgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Are the two towns that far apart? I was under the impression It was all one area.
Just a few minutes, barring traffic.

PF is much like Branson, but traffic is worse. Believe it or not.

You drive a short stinit into the hills and hit Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg is much like Eureka Springs, in my opinion: in the streets, shops and lack of parking.

We would rather do our stuff in PF (get that part over with) and then go to Gatlinburg. Traffic is bad there, too. We plan on doing a lot of walking.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Linda Kay
Ultra Member

There is a car show going on 6-14 and 6-15 in Pigeon Forge. You may run into a lot of traffic! Some of the car shows they have draw a lot of people!!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
c kling
Ultra Member

We were there during a car show. Took us 3 hours to go one mile. Terrible traffic!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c kling View Post
We were there during a car show. Took us 3 hours to go one mile. Terrible traffic!
Don't tell me that! We are going there the 15th!!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
Linda Kay
Ultra Member

We went in September last year and they were having a car show that week-end. We stayed in Gatlinburg and drove over to PF one afternoon. When we returned to Gatlinburg the traffic was bumper to bumper from Gatlinburg to PF. Glad we were going in instead of coming out. It was awful! Just prepare yourself.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
DoubleT
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Kay View Post
We went in September last year and they were having a car show that week-end. We stayed in Gatlinburg and drove over to PF one afternoon. When we returned to Gatlinburg the traffic was bumper to bumper from Gatlinburg to PF. Glad we were going in instead of coming out. It was awful! Just prepare yourself.
My daughter and I went in Sept. several years ago, we got off the interstate to go to Gatlinburg and immediately came to a slow roll. They were having a car show and traffic was unbelievable!! It took us a couple of hours to go a very short distance. It was much worse than any traffic we have ever seen in Branson.
We were staying just the one nite in the area, but planned on shopping there the next day. We got up and around early so we could get back to the PF area to beat the crowds.

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be
Old 06-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Is all the shopping in walking distance (like in Branson)? I had dh to talk to his dad on the phone, but he didn't ask him much. They have been there a few times.

Is there a favorite place yall like to eat at and shop?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #13
neilandkris

Quote:
There are so many things to do in the area. The GB and PF area to me is nothing but a tourist trap. But I am not into Ripleys and the other things. The area around GB is what I truly love go to Cades Cove take a drive Up route 441 into the Smokies There is hiking driving Drive into Cherokkee NC. There were actually wild elk in the parking lot if the visitors center in November when we were there. We also saw a black bear on 441, There is just so much to see.

Last edited by neilandkris; 06-11-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 06-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #14
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilandkris View Post
There are so many things to do in the area. The GB and PF area to me is nothing but a tourist trap. But I am not into Ripleys and the other things. The area around GB is what I truly love go to Cades Cove take a drive Up route 411 into the Smokies There is hiking driving Drive into Cherokkee NC. There were actually wild elk in the parking lot if the visitors center in November when we were there. We also saw a black bear on 411, There is just so much to see.
Thanks for this info. I wrote it down. I have been writing down activities to do in each town. Us adults even like the Ripley's stuff! I am gonna goggle what is free to do there too.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #15
DoubleT
Ultra Member

Quote:
Is all the shopping in walking distance (like in Branson)? I had dh to talk to his dad on the phone, but he didn't ask him much. They have been there a few times.

Is there a favorite place yall like to eat at and shop?
Critter,
I loved the Lodge Cast Iron Factory Store. I love cooking with cast iron and they had it all!! I wish they had a store in Branson.

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be

Closed Thread