1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRUs View Post
Food Poisoning can take place within 20-30 minutes. Sometimes quicker in people with low immune systems, (elderly or small children).

We cleaned our soda machine nozzles nightly, and our health inspector inspected them on every visit. So much depends on the management and the Health Department for that county.

You're more apt to catch something or get ill from the servers using them with unclean hands, or on the self serve ones, that are touched by every customer that they have, with 'who knows what'...colds, flu, diareaha.

If they're a good restaurant with a good reputation prior to this, they should come out of it fine. Cooperation with the investigation and good PR work will easily salvage their reputation.

The largest outbreak of Ecoli in the US history happened in a restaurant here in Oklahoma about a year or so ago. Country Cottage in Locust Grove (which we eat at quite often).

There were almost 350 people effected, over 70 were hospitalized, some for months with Kidney failure and are still recovering... One died. Two, but they had a hard time proving the second was due to eating there.

The family that owns the restaurant were (and still are) just emotionally devestated. They were closed for months. Then after months and months of investigations, they reopened. And have a very busy restaurant again.

So this one can overcome it. Cooperation with finding the cause is the first step.
From what we have heard, they are cooperating with the health department in trying to find out the problem. The best thing for their business will be if they do find out it was an overflow valve that malfunctioned.

In my opinion, they have the very best Mexican food in the area and are always so friendly with their customers. Hope everything works out for them.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 09-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #17
StarsRUs
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
From what we have heard, they are cooperating with the health department in trying to find out the problem. The best thing for their business will be if they do find out it was an overflow valve that malfunctioned.

In my opinion, they have the very best Mexican food in the area and are always so friendly with their customers. Hope everything works out for them.

It's always disheartening for everyone involved when you see a really good, popular restaurant have a Health related problem.

Esepcially when there are so many discusting establishments all over the country, (that most people would never think of eating in) that seem to never have an issue.

I hope they find the cause and it all works out for them too.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #18
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Before David got sick this weekend, the last time he was sick was from food poisoning at a Wendy's restaurant. I think I mentioned it in another thread. That was about 15 or so years ago. I guess we went on a Sunday night. I know Monday he went to work and right after he got there he couldn't even drive back home. One of the coworkers took him home. I came home with 7 up and it wouldn't even stay in him. We went to the dr. and he gave him a shot and he had to lay there about 30 minutes. His face was gray in color. After the shot got in his system, he was okay then.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #19
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I had always thought it took about six hours for food poisoning to show up.

After reading some of the posts here, I know it can show up in a matter of minutes or in a matter of days.

The one constant factor is that it really makes the victim very sick.

We have discussed health inspections in restaurants before on this forum and it really seems they need to tighten up on restaurants.

We all enjoy eating out but want to do so feeling the restaurant is doing everything they can be doing to assure us of good, sanitary conditions.

It is our responsibility to look around as we enter restaurants to make sure they are clean and a place we want to eat. Sometimes, this can't be helped as in your situation. You go in to get a sandwich, get it and walk out. Word of mouth sometimes helps us in these situations.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #20
ggh
Super User

Actually, I've heard the GI doctors I work with say that just about every bout of diarrhea is caused by something we ate - food poisoning doesn't always make one nauseated, and deathly ill - sometimes it just sends us running to the bathroom and we write it off as a 'bug', when it's probably something we ate.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #21
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
Actually, I've heard the GI doctors I work with say that just about every bout of diarrhea is caused by something we ate - food poisoning doesn't always make one nauseated, and deathly ill - sometimes it just sends us running to the bathroom and we write it off as a 'bug', when it's probably something we ate.
How interesting.

Guess we all just use the old "bug" theory when we really should check a little further to avoid the same thing from happening again.

I am one of the world's worse, when it comes to just poo pooing (medical term there) something that is going on when I don't feel well. Would be better to check what might have caused the problem.

Thanks for the info.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #22
Bella2

I know I'm guilty of this too: How many of us keep food in our refrigerator past the expiration date -- and take a chance on it being "okay." I believe/hope I've improved on those bad habits lately. This thread reminds me to pay closer attention.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #23
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I usually don't strart threads about things going on in businesses here in KC, but try to keep them on Branson items.

However, I started this one in hopes of reminding people to be careful about where they ate, to look around for items that weren't clean.

I did not think about things around our house but am so glad it reminded you to check on some things. I think many of us are guilty thinking that last slice of ham or that last scoop of potato saled should still be okay. I know I am. I am very careful about food that we eat from restaurants but maybe aren't as careful about leftovers as I should be.

Thanks for reminding all of us to be very careful of everything we eat, whether it comes from home or elsewhere.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #24
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

On August 31, 2009, I posted the following article.

For those of you that were interested and replied to the post, I thought you might be interested in the problem. Here is the item that was reported on one of our local tv stations.

Jennifer Bustos-Gomez, an operations director for the restaurant, told reporters that the Mi Ranchito outbreak was the result of carbonated water backing up and coming into contact with copper tubing.

The restaurant was closed until last week. I understand they did a lot of work inside the restaurant while they were shut down. Really causes concerns as it sounds like this could happen to any drink dispenser in any restaurant.

Sure hate to have to start carrying my little can of Diet Coke with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Sunday night a Mexican restaurant here in KC, had 20 people immediately get sick with what, so far, has been classified as "food poisoning".

This restaurant was Mi Ranchito's, which, in my opinion, had some of the best Mexican food in the area. They do a very good business so food turnover should be pretty fast.

The reason I mention this, as this isn't a chain that has a restaurant in Branson, is because due to Mexican food having a large amount of seasoning, it is possible, they say, for the food to be bad and you would not pick up a strange taste as quick as you would in other foods.

I did not know that you got sick that quickly on food poisoning. Ithought it took a couple of hours, but these people got sick before they left the restuarant. Some of the people had to go to the hospital and others did not.

They are still investigating and I will keep you posted when they give details what caused the food poisoning. In the meantime, be careful if anything you are eating has a slightly different taste than usual.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
JoseyWales2
Super Ultra Member

I used to have to eat at a diner as it was the ONLY place in town when we traveled for work. Every time we ate there, we barely made it back to the room to the bathroom. I thot it might be the MSG on the salads or maybe in the dishsoap>? But sure lost a lot of weight on the weeks out of town.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #26
shis1
Str8fn

ShowGal: I saw a report on tv last week saying the restaurant was open again. And I 'thought' they said they had traced the problem to some kind of chemical (they used the word poison) having been introduced into some of the restaurant's 'equipment'. Did you hear such a report? They interviewed the 'owner' on the news 'blip' and he was saying he couldn't believe anyone who might have 'issues' with him would go so far as to put his customers in danger. ??????????????????????
Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #27
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
hmmmmmmmm...a contaminant in the drink...guess he was right, after all.
Always hate to admit when a husband is right but, sounds like he had it nailed.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #28
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
We don't have to tell him that he was right, though.
It will be OUR secret. What they don't know, won't hurt them.

Closed Thread