1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #31
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

Talking

Another thing you must check out is the Golden Pond Planetarium. It is very interesting and cool. The tickets are only $4 each and trust me it is worth it. I am going back this weekend because of two reasons. During the month of August they are having laser light shows to music such as Pink Floyd, and U2 on Fridays and 2 my 14 yr old niece has never been to a planetarium. Luckily, we have a summer house on Kentucky Lake and from there it is a 45 min drive. I am very excited about it. We will also be going back to Adams, TN to the Bell Witch Cave. It is supposed to be haunted. The first time we went we couldn't go through because it had been raining and duh it was flooded. So, maybe better luck this time. I hope you enjoy your time in this beautiful area. Just a warning, cell coverage in spots in practically nonexistent no matter what provider you have. I actually like this because then I won't be bugged and my niece will get to see what not being on the phone 24 -7 is like. Torture for her, fun for me. win win situation. Enjoy your trip. Make sure you find time to get out on the Beautiful Kentucky Lake. Fishing is great on it and there are several marinas that do rent boats for the hours or for the whole day or even houseboats for a few days. Depends on you. Have a great time and I can't wait to hear about it. PS don't for get your bug spray.
</IMG>
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 AM   #32
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

Mellie

I hope you have a great camping trip! I can't wait to read your review!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #33
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Mellie, have a wonderful trip!!! I have been to the LBL's area and it is gorgeous.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #34
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

fwiw...if you happen to be on I-24, near exit 31, avoid a highly advertised restaurant, called Miss Scarlett's.

I made the mistake of stopping there a few weeks back. Dirty, run-down. Looks like it had been closed for a while, then re-opened without any cleaning, mowing...etc. I should have turned around & exited the parking lot, instead of going into the restaurant.....

www.missscarlettsrestaurant.com

Last edited by Crazy4Branson; 08-26-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #35
StarsRUs
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
Stars, the time is growing closer! I'm getting so excited. Are you still planning your trip?

Everything's already purchased/paid, except a backpack carrier for Scarlett (for biking on the trails) and food for the trip. DH is thinking about getting a bike rack and taking our bikes, instead of renting. Mine is a mountain bike, but his isn't. Now, when we leave out for our trip, our only expenses are going be fuel for the trip, and SPENDING MONEY! I have a feeling there'll be lots of places to spend money.

http://www.pup-n-stuff.com/browsepro...t-carrier.HTML
Yep, still planning our trip. Tenatively..here's our plans.

Leaving OK and going to Eureka Springs for a day, heading up to Branson for the night. Spend next day in Branson going to SDC and 'eating' and stay one more night.

Leaving Branson early to head to Michigan, where we'll spend 2-1/2 to 3weeks at my mom's (visiting and mostly doing some chores, new Hot Water Heater, 2 New Windows, New front Porch & Steps, Painting several rooms inside, and what ever else they need done)

Included in that will be visiting some great friends we've had since we were all in high school. May go out for 2 days & nights on Lake Michigan with our friends on their big Cabin Cruiser...DH say's "YES" and I say "GO"... I'm not big on being out on the bigger lakes other than to swim.

Also staying 3-5 days with DH's sister, visiting and helping her get ready for her big Fall Pottery Show.

Then, leave Michigan, head to Land Between the Lakes for 3-4 days. YIPPEE.

From LBL we're planning to head to Nashville for a day or two. Then down to Scottsboro, AL to the UNCLAIMED BAGGAGE. Spend at least one full day inside there. Awesome place, can't wait.

May come back through Memphis again. And then back over to Branson for a 2-3 day stay. More SDC, eating and fun.

Then down through Eureka Springs for the night. More shopping and head on home.

IF this all pans out. Amount of time away always depends on if DH is tied up. (Literally ) No, just kidding.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #36
shis1
Str8fn

Sounds like a fun time you have planned!

Closed Thread