1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #16
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoptiludrop51 View Post
A Lot Of People Dont Like Country Music Tho...they Wont Come
I'm not a big country music fan either, but there are MANY shows that are not country or just have a small country component. Shows I've seen recently are:

Andy Williams Christmas... no country
Osmond's Christmas... very little country
Bill Medley and Paul Revere and the Raiders... no country
Chinese Acrobats... no country
The Duttons... a wide range of music... some country but it did not dominate
Legends... no country
SIX... very little country

We look forward to seeing many more Branson shows, very few of which will be country. Country maybe dominated Branson 15 years ago, but not now.

Good Times in Branson
Old 05-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
I'm not a big country music fan either, but there are MANY shows that are not country or just have a small country component. Shows I've seen recently are:

Andy Williams Christmas... no country
Osmond's Christmas... very little country
Bill Medley and Paul Revere and the Raiders... no country
Chinese Acrobats... no country
The Duttons... a wide range of music... some country but it did not dominate
Legends... no country
SIX... very little country

We look forward to seeing many more Branson shows, very few of which will be country. Country maybe dominated Branson 15 years ago, but not now.

Yup...Branson is for everyone..and every age.

We have friends who go and all go to different shows, and one kid rides those bumper cars (whatever those are)..all day. Oh and a girl goes to the water slide....they all then go to SDC....Something for everyone.....love it.

Hubby likes Country I like anything...so we do one country and one not....and he always goes to the Hard Luck for lunch...and I agree with him. lol............
Yup diversity in entertainment is the name of the game in Branson.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #18
leeannwriter
Banned

Quote:
True and true.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Then they are uninformed...That's like saying I won't go to New York City because I don't like the Yankees.

A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said:
'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #20
BeagleDad
Ultra Member

We haven't been to a 'country' show in years. That is just a small part of what Branson has to offer.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeannwriter View Post
True and true.
Come on leeann...

Although at times you come on a little strong, I'm not down on you like some folks here. On the other hand... yougottabekiddingme. Branson is FAR MORE than Country Music. If it was not, we never would have returned for a second visit. Please explain your answer or modify it. This is one time I think you are really off base.

Good Times in Branson
Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #22
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

I think Branson is so fun, and full of choices. If you can't find something you enjoy there, either a show, shopping, lake, eating, or something, you probably are not going to be happy anywhere.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #23
maryinecho
momof2

We are going to Pigeon Forge and for more nights than we usually stay when we go to Branson plus its 4 hrs longer to get there for us. We are spending the same amount of $$ as when we vacation in Branson. We love Branson but there are just as affortable places to visit as well. We better enjoy because who knows what the future holds, this could be our last summer vacation.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #24
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

Does Branson get any revenue from ticket/concession sales from SDC or Shepherd of the Hills? Direct revenue, not ancillary stuff "well, they stay in Branson, so they get a boost from SDC there." I know they're outside city limits, but didn't know if any special taxing districts extended out there to cover them from back in the old days.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #25
OkieAnon

we usually make trips twice to Branson and then around Labor Day Weekend we'll take a short vacation somewhere new and different.

we've went to Colorado Springs Colorado... Red River, Taos....

thinking about making another short trip to Branson this year at Labor Day, you go west and the prices go up. we qualified for a discount at a Hampton Inn last year and the price was still over 100.00, the Hampton Inn in Branson is a 100.00 or less at the regular standard rate.

right now kinda waiting to see what gas prices do, will they level off in the 2.50 to 3.00 area or keep going back up towards that 4.00 range, if gas prices go up to much we'll come back and be in Branson if they stay down we'll do some sightseeing around Labor Day.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #26
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Come on leeann...

Although at times you come on a little strong, I'm not down on you like some folks here. On the other hand... yougottabekiddingme. Branson is FAR MORE than Country Music. If it was not, we never would have returned for a second visit. Please explain your answer or modify it. This is one time I think you are really off base.

I am with MNTraveler. I am not a country music fan but I love Branson and we visit at least once a year. I really think it is a vacation destination that has something for almost everyone.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #27
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Come on leeann...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToTravel View Post
I am with MNTraveler. I am not a country music fan but I love Branson and we visit at least once a year. I really think it is a vacation destination that has something for almost everyone.
We're not Country either, not several years ago when we came down nor these last years. But we truly enjoy our time there, whatever we choose to do.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #28
luvsbranson
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytimer View Post
I think Branson is so fun, and full of choices. If you can't find something you enjoy there, either a show, shopping, lake, eating, or something, you probably are not going to be happy anywhere.
YOU are so right!

luvsbranson
Old 05-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #29
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalva2 View Post
Does Branson get any revenue from ticket/concession sales from SDC or Shepherd of the Hills? Direct revenue, not ancillary stuff "well, they stay in Branson, so they get a boost from SDC there." I know they're outside city limits, but didn't know if any special taxing districts extended out there to cover them from back in the old days.
I'm pretty sure the new tourism tax district extends to include Silver Dollar City, but there are no SDC sales taxes that I know of that go to Branson.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #30
Janet89

Unless people have no internet access, how could they not know that Branson is more than country music these days. I research vacations to death!! Most people research at least a little, right??

Closed Thread