1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #16
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Have a safe and fun trip! Look forward to a report and pictures!!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #17
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Have a wonderful time!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 02:44 AM   #18
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Man it is early but we are almost out the door. Not used to this 3:00 AM stuff. Be back in a week with a full report!
Old 08-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Well we are back in Kansas and I have never been so happy to be back. I will do a full report later but I have no desire at this time to ever go back to California.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #20
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

I am sorry you had trouble,
We are here for ya when you need to talk about it...
I am glad you are back home safe...
WE MISSED YA
Old 08-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #21
kteacher

Thunderhockey, what happened in San Diego? I've been considering a trip there. It sounds like you might not recommend that.

kteacher
Old 08-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #22
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

It's not that I wouldn't recommend it but we just didn't fit in. The main thing was the traffic. Just too much for us and we had problems getting around. The other big thing is and I am sorry for those of you that used to live out there because I am sure this probably isn't the norm but just about everyone we ran into was so rude.

As the week went along it did get better but I was seriously ready to come home after the first night.

The positive though is the zoo is wonderful out there and if we go back that will be the reason. We also had a great time at Seaworld and the Wild Animal Park.

Everyone I have talked to that has been there just loves it so I think it was mainly us that didn't like it. Branson is more our speed (you know the one lane road with 35mph).

I think we would both love to see the zoo again but it will probably take us a good ten years to even consider it again.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #23
shis1
Str8fn

Gee THF, that's a bummer when you plan and plan, and look forward to a vacation/trip like you did, and then to have it not be the trip you dreamed of! Sounds like you do have some happy moments to remember, but it's a shame that it wasn't all that you'd hoped it would be! It's fun to try 'new places', but sometimes they just don't measure up to the 'tried and true' oldies! But you've got Branson to look forward to come October
Old 08-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #24
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan View Post
It's not that I wouldn't recommend it but we just didn't fit in. The main thing was the traffic. Just too much for us and we had problems getting around. The other big thing is and I am sorry for those of you that used to live out there because I am sure this probably isn't the norm but just about everyone we ran into was so rude.

As the week went along it did get better but I was seriously ready to come home after the first night.

The positive though is the zoo is wonderful out there and if we go back that will be the reason. We also had a great time at Seaworld and the Wild Animal Park.

Everyone I have talked to that has been there just loves it so I think it was mainly us that didn't like it. Branson is more our speed (you know the one lane road with 35mph).

I think we would both love to see the zoo again but it will probably take us a good ten years to even consider it again.
I understand what you are saying.

Last edited by Cheesecake; 08-26-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #25
Double Mom
Packer Fan

DH has been to different parts of CA before I meet him and he said he has no desire to ever go back to that state again. He also feels that way about NYC, me I would love to go to NYC. He said he would consider it so I can experience NYC once and then that'd be it for him and NYC unless he enjoys it more than he has in the past.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #26
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

I am really sorry you did not enjoy your visit as much as you had hoped. It is a very busy place and traffic is always a challenge. It has been years since I have been to the SD Zoo but you are right about it being a really good zoo. I think it is really pretty in San Diego but I don't think I would like living there.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 AM   #27
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Mom View Post
DH has been to different parts of CA before I meet him and he said he has no desire to ever go back to that state again. He also feels that way about NYC, me I would love to go to NYC. He said he would consider it so I can experience NYC once and then that'd be it for him and NYC unless he enjoys it more than he has in the past.
I would love to see NYC also but I know if I do it would have to be on some sort of tour not us just driving there. I doubt I could ever get my DH to go on a bus tour either.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:32 AM   #28
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Sorry you didnt enjoy CA, but glad you did enjoy the zoo!! Pictures Please!!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #29
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Gosh, now I am worried.
My future Daughter in law's family live on the island of Coronado which I guess is near San Diego.
Our Son may be married there....they are still considering the location - here or there...and I will be planning the Rehearsal Dinner at whatever location they decide, etc.
I had already figured it would be expensive...now I am worried I may be dealing with less than cordial people as I plan.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #30
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
Gosh, now I am worried.
My future Daughter in law's family live on the island of Coronado which I guess is near San Diego.
Our Son may be married there....they are still considering the location - here or there...and I will be planning the Rehearsal Dinner at whatever location they decide, etc.
I had already figured it would be expensive...now I am worried I may be dealing with less than cordial people as I plan.
Hopefully you will be ok with this. I would hope you would be dealing with people that at least act professional. Coronado Island is beautiful and it would be a beautiful place for a wedding but SW MO is beautiful as well so no matter what it will be in a gorgeous location!

Closed Thread