1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #16
Double Mom
Packer Fan
 
Double Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: To far from Branson
Posts: 7,405
Have a safe and fun trip! Look forward to a report and pictures!!
Double Mom is offline  
Old 08-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #17
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member
 
LoveToTravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 1,959
Have a wonderful time!!!!!!
LoveToTravel is offline  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:44 AM   #18
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member
 
ThunderHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 2,340
Man it is early but we are almost out the door. Not used to this 3:00 AM stuff. Be back in a week with a full report!
ThunderHockeyFan is offline  
Old 08-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member
 
ThunderHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 2,340
Well we are back in Kansas and I have never been so happy to be back. I will do a full report later but I have no desire at this time to ever go back to California.
ThunderHockeyFan is offline  
Old 08-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #20
fordarama
Clinging to freedom
 
fordarama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Antioch, Arkansas
Posts: 9,190
I am sorry you had trouble,
We are here for ya when you need to talk about it...
I am glad you are back home safe...
WE MISSED YA
fordarama is offline  
Old 08-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #21
kteacher
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 128
Thunderhockey, what happened in San Diego? I've been considering a trip there. It sounds like you might not recommend that.

kteacher
kteacher is offline  
Old 08-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #22
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member
 
ThunderHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 2,340
It's not that I wouldn't recommend it but we just didn't fit in. The main thing was the traffic. Just too much for us and we had problems getting around. The other big thing is and I am sorry for those of you that used to live out there because I am sure this probably isn't the norm but just about everyone we ran into was so rude.

As the week went along it did get better but I was seriously ready to come home after the first night.

The positive though is the zoo is wonderful out there and if we go back that will be the reason. We also had a great time at Seaworld and the Wild Animal Park.

Everyone I have talked to that has been there just loves it so I think it was mainly us that didn't like it. Branson is more our speed (you know the one lane road with 35mph).

I think we would both love to see the zoo again but it will probably take us a good ten years to even consider it again.
ThunderHockeyFan is offline  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #23
shis1
Str8fn
 
shis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 16,372
Gee THF, that's a bummer when you plan and plan, and look forward to a vacation/trip like you did, and then to have it not be the trip you dreamed of! Sounds like you do have some happy moments to remember, but it's a shame that it wasn't all that you'd hoped it would be! It's fun to try 'new places', but sometimes they just don't measure up to the 'tried and true' oldies! But you've got Branson to look forward to come October
shis1 is offline  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #24
Cheesecake
Moooooooo
 
Cheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 33,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan View Post
It's not that I wouldn't recommend it but we just didn't fit in. The main thing was the traffic. Just too much for us and we had problems getting around. The other big thing is and I am sorry for those of you that used to live out there because I am sure this probably isn't the norm but just about everyone we ran into was so rude.

As the week went along it did get better but I was seriously ready to come home after the first night.

The positive though is the zoo is wonderful out there and if we go back that will be the reason. We also had a great time at Seaworld and the Wild Animal Park.

Everyone I have talked to that has been there just loves it so I think it was mainly us that didn't like it. Branson is more our speed (you know the one lane road with 35mph).

I think we would both love to see the zoo again but it will probably take us a good ten years to even consider it again.
I understand what you are saying.

Last edited by Cheesecake; 08-26-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Cheesecake is offline  
Old 08-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #25
Double Mom
Packer Fan
 
Double Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: To far from Branson
Posts: 7,405
DH has been to different parts of CA before I meet him and he said he has no desire to ever go back to that state again. He also feels that way about NYC, me I would love to go to NYC. He said he would consider it so I can experience NYC once and then that'd be it for him and NYC unless he enjoys it more than he has in the past.
Double Mom is offline  
Old 08-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #26
lindiet
Super Ultra Member
 
lindiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,113
I am really sorry you did not enjoy your visit as much as you had hoped. It is a very busy place and traffic is always a challenge. It has been years since I have been to the SD Zoo but you are right about it being a really good zoo. I think it is really pretty in San Diego but I don't think I would like living there.
lindiet is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 AM   #27
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member
 
ThunderHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Mom View Post
DH has been to different parts of CA before I meet him and he said he has no desire to ever go back to that state again. He also feels that way about NYC, me I would love to go to NYC. He said he would consider it so I can experience NYC once and then that'd be it for him and NYC unless he enjoys it more than he has in the past.
I would love to see NYC also but I know if I do it would have to be on some sort of tour not us just driving there. I doubt I could ever get my DH to go on a bus tour either.
ThunderHockeyFan is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 06:32 AM   #28
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover
 
CHRISTISAM2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Arkansas
Posts: 5,526
Sorry you didnt enjoy CA, but glad you did enjoy the zoo!! Pictures Please!!
CHRISTISAM2001 is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #29
Suselit
Super Ultra Member
 
Suselit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 25,026
Gosh, now I am worried.
My future Daughter in law's family live on the island of Coronado which I guess is near San Diego.
Our Son may be married there....they are still considering the location - here or there...and I will be planning the Rehearsal Dinner at whatever location they decide, etc.
I had already figured it would be expensive...now I am worried I may be dealing with less than cordial people as I plan.
Suselit is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #30
lindiet
Super Ultra Member
 
lindiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
Gosh, now I am worried.
My future Daughter in law's family live on the island of Coronado which I guess is near San Diego.
Our Son may be married there....they are still considering the location - here or there...and I will be planning the Rehearsal Dinner at whatever location they decide, etc.
I had already figured it would be expensive...now I am worried I may be dealing with less than cordial people as I plan.
Hopefully you will be ok with this. I would hope you would be dealing with people that at least act professional. Coronado Island is beautiful and it would be a beautiful place for a wedding but SW MO is beautiful as well so no matter what it will be in a gorgeous location!
lindiet is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone familiar with San Diego? ThunderHockeyFan Other Destinations 29 05-25-2008 07:53 PM
Going to San Diego for the weekend! lindiet Other Destinations 1 01-18-2008 05:24 AM
Congratulations, San Diego Chargers..... Blaze2 Just for Chit Chat 0 01-13-2008 03:16 PM
Black's Beach San Diego! munsty Other Destinations 0 08-20-2007 12:49 PM
San Diego Chargers & New England Patriots Blaze2 Just for Chit Chat 2 01-14-2007 09:52 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 AM.


--