1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #31
sah95
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Missouri Bootheel
Posts: 77
Sorry! I saw WDW and got excited! I will try to be more observant.
sah95 is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #32
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member
 
ThunderHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 2,340
Hopefully they already went!!!! Everyone needs to go there. I always get excited also anytime I can talk Disney!
ThunderHockeyFan is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #33
TrinaP
Senior Member
 
TrinaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sah95 View Post
Sorry! I saw WDW and got excited! I will try to be more observant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan View Post
Hopefully they already went!!!! Everyone needs to go there. I always get excited also anytime I can talk Disney!
AMEN to both of you....LOL...I LOVE DISNEY..I used to have a FULL Disney Room of all my stuff, but it now has to be the baby's room, which is fine because I can keep quite a bit of it, but I have to make room for baby too..LOL. Which I am thrilled and can't wait to share the Disney experience with my daughter. I have turned my husband into a Disney Fan too since we got married. Now he is the one always begging to go back, which I don't mind...hehe.

How many times have you gals been?

Last edited by TrinaP; 05-30-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added the question at the end
TrinaP is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #34
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member
 
ThunderHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 2,340
I have went in 1990 and 1994 with my parents (I was 19 and 23) and then I took my husband for the first time last September. Now he loves it also. Our next trip won't be until September 2010 I am already getting everything planned out though. Only 1206 days to go!


I just ordered a Deluxe Passporter. Do either of you two have that? I hear good things about it.
ThunderHockeyFan is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #35
pamlet
Super Ultra Member
 
pamlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North of San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,249
I have the spiral passporter from a couple years ago .. it was handy

I've been a total of 5 times .. I really do love going - just can't afford it!

Now - I have decided that for my 50th Birthday I want to be at Disney .. it's one of those milestones and I have a lot of childhood memories tied up in it!

So next March .. Hopefully I'll be camping at Fort Wilderness ... and watching the fireworks over the Castle on my birthday... we'll see if it materializes...
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
pamlet is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #36
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member
 
ThunderHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlet View Post
I have the spiral passporter from a couple years ago .. it was handy

I've been a total of 5 times .. I really do love going - just can't afford it!

Now - I have decided that for my 50th Birthday I want to be at Disney .. it's one of those milestones and I have a lot of childhood memories tied up in it!

So next March .. Hopefully I'll be camping at Fort Wilderness ... and watching the fireworks over the Castle on my birthday... we'll see if it materializes...

Oh, I hope you can go. We are trying to go every 4 years. It takes us that long to save up for the trip. Next trip we will be there for 10 nights and I can't wait.

Teacherkim is there right now! I can't wait until she gets back so we can hear all about it.
ThunderHockeyFan is offline  
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #37
TrinaP
Senior Member
 
TrinaP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan View Post

I just ordered a Deluxe Passporter. Do either of you two have that? I hear good things about it.
SURPRISINGLY....I have never heard of any of the passports. What is the Deluxe Passporter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlet View Post
Now - I have decided that for my 50th Birthday I want to be at Disney .. it's one of those milestones and I have a lot of childhood memories tied up in it!

So next March .. Hopefully I'll be camping at Fort Wilderness ... and watching the fireworks over the Castle on my birthday... we'll see if it materializes...
I have been VERY LUCKY to get to go to Disney World probably about 26 or 27 times. One of my most favorite memories though, was celebrating my mom's 50th birthday there. Her birthday is New Year's Day. So New Year's Eve we were at Epcot, eating at Morrocco, and afterwards headed back on the monorail. Well while on the monorail, one car is divided into two sections. We stepped into one door that consisted of just my mom, bro and I; while the other side of the monorail car consisted of about 15 to 20 people. Well here we were all comfy and they were all cramped. We all laughed about it and I proceeded to ask all of them to sing "Happy Birthday for her. So they did. That is just ONE of the VERY fun times we had.
TrinaP is offline  
Old 05-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #38
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member
 
ThunderHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BRANSON
Posts: 2,340
Here is the website for it http://www.passporter.com/wdw/default.asp

Do you go to any Disney boards? I do everyday. Getting hard to keep up with all of them.

www.disboards.com
www.intercot.com
www.mousebuzz.com
www.allearsnet.com
ThunderHockeyFan is offline  
Old 06-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #39
sah95
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Missouri Bootheel
Posts: 77
Thumbs up

Hopefully, we will go in Dec. It will be our 4th trip in a row. I would love to go every year, but this will probably be the last yr. I can take my son out of school for a week. I just can't take the heat (or the crowds) to go during summer break The second week of Dec. is excellent: after Pop Warner, value season, light crowds

I have a Passporter and it is very informative. Bookstores usually have several guidebooks that are really good. I have 3 different ones! The disboards are my favorite
sah95 is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #40
Locknload
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 96
disney with minimum lines

We just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago. We use a site tourguidemike.com for planning and it works great, it give you tips based on the actual days you are there and tells you what park to visit on what day to avoid crowds, and touring plans on what rides to do when. we have used it twice and it works great. We never waited more than 15 min for a ride and rode some popular rides 2-3 times with min waits using his advice.

It cost $20 to subscribe, but is worth it.
Locknload is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #41
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member
 
kbradleyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknload View Post
We just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago. We use a site tourguidemike.com for planning and it works great, it give you tips based on the actual days you are there and tells you what park to visit on what day to avoid crowds, and touring plans on what rides to do when. we have used it twice and it works great. We never waited more than 15 min for a ride and rode some popular rides 2-3 times with min waits using his advice.

It cost $20 to subscribe, but is worth it.
I don't have any information on dates of which park but I have found a trick after going to Orlando about 12 times in 2 years back in the 90s.

Trick: Disneyworld: Go counterclockwise. Everybody goes to the right at that park and if you go to the left (after exiting from main street) you will miss most of the croud. You can do a lot rides (Pirates, Jungle cruise, Tiki Room, etc) before anybody gets there. I have rode Pirates 4 times in a row without anybody beside me/my group in the boat...no lines.

Epcot: Most rides are to the left so you can't really save too much.

Universal Studios: I have found not real good route but I have found that if you go to the back of the park (Jaws ride) and then come back counterclockwise for some reason you miss a lot of people.

Islands Of Adventure. I was there the first year it opened and it was a madhouse so I have no secrets. I plan to go back in 2009 and see the Harry Potter world they are adding.
kbradleyar is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #42
Locknload
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 96
universal

If you go to Universal, stay in one of the 3 onsite hotels. They arent cheap, but you get unlimited Front of the line privliges in both parks. Simply show your room key and you go into an express line, whenever you want, as many times as you want. No return times like Disney Fastpass.....

This is good for the day you check in, and the day you check out. The rooms are about $100 per night higher than staying offsite, so for a family of 4 it only costs about $12.50/person per day, well worth it!
Locknload is offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #43
kbradleyar
Super Ultra Member
 
kbradleyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,335
I had heard they were going to start that to get people to stay in their hotels. When I was there last the only way you could get to the first of the line was buy a VIP line pass. I don't remember the price but I think I paid $58 for adult and the VIP was going to be $100 per adult. Kids were about double the normal ticket price but you would get to go to first of the line. I heard that the hotels were having problems getting people so I guess they started this. I think it is a good idea. Helps the hotels and gets you on the rides faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknload View Post
If you go to Universal, stay in one of the 3 onsite hotels. They arent cheap, but you get unlimited Front of the line privliges in both parks. Simply show your room key and you go into an express line, whenever you want, as many times as you want. No return times like Disney Fastpass.....

This is good for the day you check in, and the day you check out. The rooms are about $100 per night higher than staying offsite, so for a family of 4 it only costs about $12.50/person per day, well worth it!
kbradleyar is offline  
Old 06-13-2007, 06:15 AM   #44
Locknload
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 96
universal

The universal hotels have been doing front of the line privliges for several years, they had it in 2003 when we were there.

You can buy an express pass for $35-50 per day per person (price depends on how busy they are) but you can only use it one time per ride. The hotel key front of the line you can use as much as you want. You could use it to ride Hulk 10 times in a row if you wanted.
Locknload is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lodging Advice Needed Countrygirl Branson Lodging 5 03-26-2006 09:40 AM
Branson Vacation Advice Needed! robinc00001 Branson Missouri Other 11 06-08-2005 12:20 PM
The best advice for fly fishing Bransonís Lake Taneycomo in heavy water gary Branson Outdoor Activities 2 06-08-2005 04:02 AM
Advice needed Double Mom Branson Lodging 1 04-25-2005 07:07 PM
Advice needed from experienced Branson lovers! Janet James Branson Shows 12 05-13-2002 12:53 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 PM.


--