1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #31
tic5850
Ultra Member

Ya know Zach, i have been wrong about a lot of things in my life but this aint one of them.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:42 PM   #32
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tic5850 View Post
This is my opinion and i am stickin too it. I will never set foot in the place again, and that's a fact jack..........
well, you are wrong about one thing....my name isn't jack....it's ZACH!!!!

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 05-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #33
tic5850
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
well, you are wrong about one thing....my name isn't jack....it's ZACH!!!!
Ooops, sorry jack.................
Old 05-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #34
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tic5850 View Post
Ooops, sorry jack.................
ZACH!! ZACH!!!!

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 05-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #35
tic5850
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
ZACH!! ZACH!!!!
Sorry Zach........i will do better next time..........only 3 more months till we can run rapid thru the streets of Branson.........
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #36
Nascarfan78

This isn't Missouri, but really close. JIM'S STEAKHOUSE in pittsburg, KS. They serve a huge platter, piled high. They are in a light, crispy batter and just plain Onion Ring Heaven!!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #37
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

For sure put Cheddars on the list..Springfield.
They stack em a foot high, and they are great..
Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #38
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationDad View Post
For sure put Cheddars on the list..Springfield.
They stack em a foot high, and they are great..
I had not had Cheddars onion rings way back when we started this thread. However, we had one open up close to us here in Lenexa. It is now one of my favorite places around here to eat.

Their onion rings are simply out of this world. They use a completely different coating on them than most places. We were there with friends and we all noticed how many tables were having onion rings with their meal.

We have been there several times and have as of yet to order anything that was not great. The parking lot is packed and there is a wait every evening that we either go or drive past the place.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #39
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
I had not had Cheddars onion rings way back when we started this thread. However, we had one open up close to us here in Lenexa. It is now one of my favorite places around here to eat.

Their onion rings are simply out of this world. They use a completely different coating on them than most places. We were there with friends and we all noticed how many tables were having onion rings with their meal.

We have been there several times and have as of yet to order anything that was not great. The parking lot is packed and there is a wait every evening that we either go or drive past the place.
The volume of business they do there is amazing. Good food, reasonable prices gets it done everytime.
My fav dish is the beer batter shrimp--Hopefully they can continue to find shrimp.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:36 AM   #40
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron76 View Post
Paul's Drive-in in south Kansas City on Blue Ridge Blvd. has the best we have eaten..
It still has wonderful onion rings. IT used to be a lunch meeting place when we were at college at Longview. We'd load up 2-3 cars of folks and go over for lunch.

Winsteads has wonderful, wonderful onion rings and Cutie -- I found out Chili's has onion strings on their appetizer menu. Actually it is called an Onion String and Jalapenio Stack -- but we just order the strings and hold the peppers. Wonderful!!!!!!

Vickie
Old 04-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #41
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
They also had the biggest Tenderloins, you could take leftovers home and make 2-3 meals from it. Its a shame they closed..

I thought Betty's had the best tenderloin I had ever eaten. They also had a place in Oak Grove. Don't know if they still have that one or not.

Their onion rings were great also. Huge onion rings and very large orders.

They did a tremendous business. Were always crowded.
I know this is an old thread, but Paul's is still open, we stopped by there July last summer. Had a great cheery mash shake. My wife's favorite place to stop.

James
Old 04-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #42
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Well, now that this thread has re-surfaced.
Chances R, Laurie MO. (Lake of the Ozarks). I think they just cut the onions in half rather than slice them to make the rings. they are HUGE!!! and delicious.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #43
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
The best onion rings IMO are from Hi-Boys,in KC,at 40 hwy and Blue Rigde! I know Show gal has to know where this is!

This was from a post by Jondeerelady and I forgot to ask her if they were still open and if they had any other locations in town.

Hate to go in and order onion rings and they bring out those little dinky, greasy things. You always knew when you ordered them at Hi-Boys, you were going to get really good onion rings.
Hi-Boy is still open and they have I think 3 locations in KC -- all in Independence, one on 24 Highway and River, and one on 291 just south of 23rd street.

I have to admit that I have found someone who does Onion Rings proud -- that is Cheddars -- they are literally like my Mom used to make when she ran a snack bar in a drug store in KC many years ago. They are really great -- but it is just the wait to get in. Crazy!

Closed Thread