1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
ggh
Super User

Cassville, Roaring River, Shell Knob area

Does anyone have any information about places to stay - things to do?

Dh is playing in a golf tourney next w/end, and we're discussing staying in the area instead of him driving home.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
kayokla
Ultra Member

The fish hatchery area at Roaring River State Park is nice. There is hiking and fish food to fed the hatchery fish.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
ggh
Super User

Mellie - in dh's words "Do you have any idea how many rounds of golf he could play for the $100/night it'd cost to stay at the Roaring River Inn?"

I seriously considered booking there - decided not to do it, booked at a low end motel... and now seriously wondering if I made a big mistake.... I hate to spend more than $75/night, especially when dh COULD drive home... it'd just take 1.5 tanks of gas to drive back and forth a couple times.... and gas will only cost $60 or so...

Girls at work suggested we stay in Eureka Springs. We'll be sharing a car, and I hate to be left stranded... but that beats being in a not so clean hotel!

Anyone have any experience??? I need help! It's keeping me awake at night, worrying about it.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
ggh
Super User

Mellie - I read your post to dh. (Evil grin)

I'm going to give them a call in the morning, and see what they have available this w/end.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
midnite_cruzer
Sportin' the 'stache.

Rogers/Bentonville is only about 20 minutes away via Seligman. It would be much closer (and probably cheaper and better roads) than Eureka.
"Before many years a railway will find its way yonder. Then many will come, and the beautiful hills that have been my strength and peace will become the haunt of idlers and a place of revelry. I am glad that I shall not be here."
Old 04-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite_cruzer View Post
Rogers/Bentonville is only about 20 minutes away via Seligman. It would be much closer (and probably cheaper and better roads) than Eureka.
And how adventerous would that be??? LOL!
(Dd use to play a LOT of softball in the Bentonville area -so I am familar with the area. Probably could find a cheaper place to sleep there though than around Cassville.)

I think we're going to stay at Cassville - that way I will be able to keep the car, he can call me from the 18 and I can go pick him up. I will be able to explore the trails (if they aren't under water), visit the fish hatchery and the Cassville area while he's golfing.

We need to find someplace to eat. If it's REALLY dead, we could drive to Branson and see a show Saturday evening... we'll see.

I did some checking around, via trip advisor, and opted not to book a room at the Roaring River Inn after that, so we'll be staying at a local budget motel, that seems to be what you're paying for - plain but clean. I can live with that. If it's really bad, we can come home, it's not THAT far away.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
ggh
Super User

We will spend time at the river, and around the river (it's my reason for going on the trip, to spend some time outside) - and I am going to check out the center and see how it looks.

Closed Thread