1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

2 upcoming Branson trips

Myself and a group of 4 others will be seeing Red, Hot, and Blue tomorrow evening (Thurs. night). I can't pass it up when it is free, LOL! On Friday after I get out of school my sister, nephew, and I will be heading back to Branson for the weekend. We are staying at the Clarion at the Palace which is someplace we have never stayed before. I requested a balcony that faces the strip for some people watching. We are seeing Brett Daniels at the Grand Palace Friday night. On Saturday my mom will come down and join us in the afternoon. My nephew and I are going to White Water during the day. This will be our first White Water trip this season. That night we still haven't decided exactly what we are going to be doing but I will be sure to let you all know all about it when I return on Sunday.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Branson Mom
Just me

I hope you have two great visits!!! Have fun!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:11 AM   #3
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Have a great trip & give reviews when you return!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

I hope you have a great time in Branson...can't wait to read your reviews when you return
Old 08-26-2004, 06:43 PM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Smile Remember each detail for us and

Have Fun, Jerm!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

I finally have time to sit down and type my reviews from the last two trips I have taken to Branson. Last Thursday evening myself and 3 friends went to Branson for the area appreciation show for Red, Hot, and Blue. The show contains singers and dancers covering music from the early 1900's to the 1970's. Within my group we didn't really care for this show. The first half concluded in the 1940's. My group didn't really know any of the songs that was performed in the first half. One friend that was with me even went to sleep the first half and when intermission came decided that she would rather go out and sleep in the car for the second half and that is what she did. I studied music in college and it has always been an interest for me so I knew some of the songs and was able to appreciate it but the rest of my group didn't. The second half was much better then the first, it contained music from the 50's to the 70's. The show contained some beautiful costumes and some really good dancing but other then that it lacked in my oppinnion. The only set piece that was used was a backdrop that had the name of the show and the different eras that they performed music from. Personally I am glad that I didn't pay money to see this show. We ate at Olive Garden before the show and it was REALLY good! We concluded our evening with a coffee drink from Starbucks.

On Friday night my sister, nephew and I went to Branson for a two night stay to celebrate my birthday (I hate getting older!!!). We arrived just in time to grab a to go dinner at Steak and Shake and then we headed to check in at the Clarion at the Palace Hotel. This was our first time staying there. This is a WONDERFUL place to stay and we enjoyed it very much. The room was very spacious and it contained a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and a hair dryer in the bathroom. I requested a balcony that looked out onto the strip which was nice. Our room was just a couple of rooms down from the room where George and Barbara Bush stayed in while visiting Branson (there is a plaque on the door that tells you that this was their room). They have a LARGE outdoor pool that has a fountain in the middle of it which was kind of neat. They also have a pretty good sized indoor pool as well. After eating and getting ready to go out we walked over to the Grand Palace to see Magic and Beyond starring Brett Daniels. We LOVED his show!! We sat in the 3rd row center. There was one really neat trick that we really enjoyed where he took "apart" one of his dancers and laid her head on the floor in a box. It was amazing!! I enjoyed the selection of music that was used, lots of popular songs that you hear on the radio. He had birds flying over your head, he flew up to the top of the stage, he kept appearing in places you didn't expect him to, it was just a great show. The audience for this show was rather small but everyone seemed to be enjoying it. My sister said after the performance that she thought she enjoyed Brett's show more than Kirby's show and I couldn't agree more. This summer I saw, Kirby, Darren, and now Brett. I would rank them in this order of preference. 1. Darren Romeo, 2. Brett Daniels, 3. Kirby VanBurch. He also made no comments about Kirby, and from where I was sitting there was only one illusion that he performed that you could see how it was done and that was when he balanced a ball on a cloth and that is when he turned around and had his back to the audience. Great show if you get the chance you should go and see it. That night after the show my nephew and I played in the outdoor pool. On Saturday we originally planned to go to White Water but it rained most of the day and White Water didn't even open because of the lightning and the rain. So we swam for a while in the indoor pool and then my mom came and joined us to stay the night. After she arrived we went to the outlet malls for some shopping. After shopping we went to the new Ruby Tuesdays for dinner which was very good. We then headed to Silver Dollar City to see their night show. It was my third time to see the show and the first for my mom, sister, and nephew. It was very good as always. There wasn't a very large crowd at SDC, I guess the rain scared most of them away. After getting back into Branson we walked across the street from our hotel for some ice cream. On Sunday the rain had ended and we were able to go to White Water for a couple of hours which was very enjoyable. I am ready to go back to Branson right now!!!

Last edited by Jerm; 08-31-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:41 AM   #7
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks for posting Jerm! It sounds like you had two nice visits!! Glad to hear that Brett Daniels show has changed since we saw it.

Closed Thread