1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 10-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Another show cancelled for 2020

On Oct. 6, The Brett Family announced for the first time in more than 20 years they will be foregoing the production of their 2020 Christmas show, A Brett Family Christmas, due to the economic impact of COVID-19, according to a press release.

“We have never missed a season in our entire Branson career,” said Tom Brett in the release. “This was a terribly difficult decision to make. But there was just no way we could overcome the rapidly increasing rate of cancellations we are experiencing due to COVID-19.”
wwgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

what a shame, great show. great family..

I am sure that the Mask Mandate had absolutely no effect on this decision

Hope the 5 aldermen rethink extending the mandate, this is a perfect exam;e why
Old 10-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #3
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
what a shame, great show. great family..

I am sure that the Mask Mandate had absolutely no effect on this decision

Hope the 5 aldermen rethink extending the mandate, this is a perfect exam;e why
So tired of the uninformed blaming the mask mandate. The reason the Bretts canceled their shows is that tour groups canceled. The tour groups canceled because they don’t want to sit in a congested bus traveling across the country putting themselves at risk. They didn’t cancel because they would have to wear a mask when they walked into the theater, and then could take off the mask when they were seated. How many more people have to die before you understand that if stricter mandates were put in effect earlier, things would be much better now? We don’t view people dying as an acceptable risk in order for us to make money, and you shouldn’t either.
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #4
quackaerie

This is sad, but it's for everyone's sake. With the increasing number of people getting affected by the pandemic, can't blame them for not putting lives at risk.
quackaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:31 PM   #5
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
So tired of the uninformed blaming the mask mandate. The reason the Bretts canceled their shows is that tour groups canceled. The tour groups canceled because they don’t want to sit in a congested bus traveling across the country putting themselves at risk. They didn’t cancel because they would have to wear a mask when they walked into the theater, and then could take off the mask when they were seated. How many more people have to die before you understand that if stricter mandates were put in effect earlier, things would be much better now? We don’t view people dying as an acceptable risk in order for us to make money, and you shouldn’t either.
I'm sure Visitors don't even know there is a Mask Mandate in Branson. There is more than likely one in effect, where they live for starters.

Super Spreaders recently took place in Tulsa, Bemidji Minnesota & DC, leaving people Seriously Ill, in the ICU and Dead in at least one instance.

The cancellations of the Brett Family Show won't be the first, and it won't be the last.

Bus Companies are failing now, for the reasons you state in your response. I for one, will not go back to the Motorcoach Business, for the same reason. I have found an amazing job, and I will be sticking with that,

The Group Travel Business, including Motorcoach Companies, is on its knees. It has received no help, either from the Feds or the States. Several Companies have already ceased trading. Another Major Illinois Company is about to go under. It will never be the same, unfortunately.

Coach Man.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #6
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

One of my favorite Christmas shows. Sad, but I understand, the bus tours aren’t there now.
Daytimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #7
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytimer View Post
One of my favorite Christmas shows. Sad, but I understand, the bus tours aren’t there now.
That’s for sure!!! Among the other problems with taking a group anywhere is finding restaurants which can accommodate a group. Nearly impossible due to social distancing/limited capacity!l
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote