1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
TheOleSeagull
Administrator

Rhonda Vincent- IBMA's Female Vocalist of the year at Silver Dollar City

The Branson Courier Blog entry for Oct. 30 reports that Rhonda Vincent, who has just won the Female Vocalist of the Year Award from the International Bluegrass Music Association for the seventh straight year, will be appearing, with her bluegrass ensemble, The Rage, at at Silver Dollar City’s Festival of American Music & Crafts, on October 4 and 5.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:53 PM   #2
jakeman

Saw her there on the 4th. Went to 2 shows at the Opera House. Full house each time & very good show.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
yellowjeepster
Yes, I am a Woman!

I saw her on our PBS station the other night during their telethon selling tickets for her upcoming St. Louis show. It would of been awesome to have seen her at SDC. She plays many instruments and her band is very talented. I wouldn't of paid any attention but since I have become interested in the banjo I have opened my eyes more, lol.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Rhonda is an excellent entertainer. Several years ago she and her family performed at weekend bluegrass shows in my hometown. My parents got me started and I was hesitant to go at first. Since then she's made quite a name for herself with Martha White Flour as a corporate sponsor. She's gone a long way from Greentop, Missouri.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #5
slbtrout52
slbtrout52

Rhonda Vincent

I didn't get to see her at Silver Dollar City, but saw her tonight at the International Bluegrass Festival in Guthrie, OK. She and her band were outstanding. Now I know why she has won so many awards.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
jdedit2001

I'm a huge fan of Rhonda's. I got hooked when she played at SDC a few years ago. I was lucky enough to see her this year at Silver Dollar City as well. She packed the Opera House for every show, and did an excellent job. Her band is also very talented. Seems like they always sing different songs for each show, so it never gets repetitive.

She will also be at SDC for the Bluegrass and Barbeque fest next May. I hope to make those shows as well.

Jeanne
Old 10-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #7
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

She puts on a very high energy show, and for those of you who think Bluegrass is too much, it's not what it use to be, but more like traditional country music. Rhonda also has some great dvd's out.

Closed Thread