1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #1
piano183

The Sons of Britches

We saw The Sons of Britches on Sunday night at the Little Opry Theatre at Imax.

This show is outstanding!

I became aware of this act as a result of positive reviews and feedback, on both 1Branson as well as other travel sites.

What is great about the show?

For starters, the performers are at the top of their game. These are true musicians. They are true entertainers. They actually play their instruments. They sing. They don't need backing tracks or vocal correction. They didn't have to rely on tricks. They weren't programmed (wear this outfit to perform this song, go stand on this spot, raise your arm on the high note).

The Sons of Britches are entertainers who know how to connect with an audience. Their enthusiasm for what they do is there when they hit the stage. You get the feeling that these people love music, and that there is no place they would rather be in that moment, than on the stage sharing music - with us in the audience.

As my companion said to me after the show, "They were having fun....so WE were having fun!"

This is easily one of the top five shows I have ever seen.

The format was loose. They started off with certain songs to open. After that, they opened the show up to requests. They had stands on the stage, and there were two cell phones on the stands. I could not figure out why?? Metronome? I had not seen that before.

But no...if there was a song request that they did not know, they'd look up a the song on the internet, then they'd play it.

It was unbelievably impressive. For musicians who have not rehearsed a song, to pull it off and play it....all of them together, on the same page, and still make it be _great music_. I am in awe.

After the show, I stood in line, bought their thumb drive of music, and I said the words, "This is what music should be!"

Go see this show!

http://thesonsofbritches.com/

The Sons of Britches are:
Louis Darby
Earl Vaughan
Terry Mire
also performing on Sunday night was Randy Plummer on stand up bass.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #2
gabmo

The Sons of Britches is definitely a show to see. These guys are true musicians that put on a show like no other in Branson. So impressive. They are great individuals as well.
You are missing out if you don't go see these guys!
Old 05-10-2018, 05:34 AM   #3
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

I was one of the early posters about how much I enjoyed this show about 3 years ago. We have the tickets for it again this year. Thanks for your review!
Old 05-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
Lindsey
Ultra Member

Love Love Love this show!!!
Old 05-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Really fun show. Are they still doing the audience picks the entertainer, and they pick the song? Not specific song requests. That's what they were doing when the show first started.
The intimate confines of the Little Opry is perfect for such a highly audience involved show.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

What kind of music is it? Do they sing and play instruments?
Old 05-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

All kinds of music. Driven by audience requests. Name an artist, they pick a song. From Hank Williams to AC/DC. From Patsy Cline to Beyonce
Yes, they play instrauments. Fiddle, snare drum, guitar, electric bass.
http://thesonsofbritches.com
Old 05-16-2018, 03:19 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Quoted: "Are they still doing the audience picks the entertainer, and they pick the song? Not specific song requests. That's what they were doing when the show first starte".

Guess they have changed from that, and now it's more "fun"....as the audience picks both the artist AND song....at least it was that when I was there last, a few months ago. That's what that little "smart" phone is for on the stand...if they don't know the lyrics, or notes, they google it, pull it up, and play/sing from it.

Closed Thread