1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

1984 arcade coming to Branson Meadows

Do you miss the 1980s and all of those great video games from that time -- Galaga, Dig-Dug, Ms Pac Man, etc.? If so, you might like the new 1984 Arcade coming to Branson Meadows this spring.

More details in this free article from Branson Tri-Lakes:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...225329054.html
Old 01-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #2
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Do you miss the 1980s and all of those great video games from that time -- Galaga, Dig-Dug, Ms Pac Man, etc.? If so, you might like the new 1984 Arcade coming to Branson Meadows this spring.

More details in this free article from Branson Tri-Lakes:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...225329054.html
That's an awesome move for the guys at 1984 and 1984 will be great for Branson!
Old 01-23-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Upon reflecting about the "new" Branson Landing attractions, it seems as if "old" is the new "new"!

We have opening this year, a Bowling Alley (went out of favor a few decades ago, with the video arcade, then home versions,craze); a Video Arcade, which replaced not only bowling, but also the traditional pinball and pool table games; a restaurant (Paula Deans) boasting "sit down family style" eating, which fell WAY out of favor starting in the 1960's with oven baked, then microwavable, tv dinners where you did NOT have to "sit down" with your family, instead, just plop in front of the tv and eat from a tin, then plastic, tray/plate. Let's see, what else...Hmmm, ok, a surf shop themed bar and grill, Landshark...Gidget and Moondoggie-1950's/Frankie and Annette-1960's, anyone?

So it would appear that everything "old" is "new" again! But then, in even more retrospect, I guess that has always been the theme of Branson. Now, if we could just land a good old fashioned legit Soda Fountain, complete with period correct Soda Jerks and Uniforms...oh, wait, Mr B's...

But, maybe, someone can find an ingenious way to REcapitalize on such things as: Rubiks Cubes; Cabbage Patch Dolls; Neon-everything; Boom Boxes; Slap Bracelets; Break Dancing; Mullet haircuts (nah, still in fashion back "in the hills"; Mood Rings; Slinky's; My Little Pony; Sea Monkeys; Lava Lamps; Troll Dolls; Hacky Sack; Swatches; or, my absolute favorite, VALspeak!

Cause nothing turns a guy on, while leaning against his BMX bike, wearing his parachute pants and kicking his Hackey Sack, like hearing some big haired girl in a denim jacket, reeking of CK One perfume, wearing a Ra Ra Skirt, chomping on a stick of Hubba Bubba, walk by with her friends, saying: Fer Shur-Barf Me Out-As If-Like Oh My God-Totally-Grody To The Max-Whatever-Seriously-Gag Me With a Spoon! Because, like, wow, just WHO could ever resist THAT?
Old 01-23-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Just goes to prove that nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 01-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

But isn't this aimed at younger generation than what many people think of when they think of the demographics of Branson Visitors?

Closed Thread