Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
NascarDuck3
Beer Bucket Regular

Ducks Win !!!! Ducks Win !!!!

DUCKS WIN !!!

OREGON 34
OkLAHOMA 33

FINAL SCORE !!! What a GAME !!!!!!!! okies.......so ya'll from Oklahoma are gonna "HE HATE ME"........but I just hadta git in my Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa BEFORE ...my beloved HUSKERS git KILLED tonight by USC @ 7 pm CST on ABC........BBL wiff comments on that game.........go ahead Adairmd.....let me have it !
Old 09-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Angry

HA HA HA, OU played like crap, they still can't tackle. BUT, how in the world can the ref's in the stinkin replay booth, screw up two calls in a row, and give it to the ducks????????????

I have never seen a worse officiated game in a while.

I know all you OU haters are gonna say I'm whining, but hey, when everybody watching it on the TV can see it, why can't the idiot referee's? Oh by the way, they were Pac-10 refs.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
South Texan
With East Texas Roots

Ref's Win Game For Ducks

How can the ducks say they won when it was the refs that simply gave the game to them?????????????????????????????????
Old 09-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

We must be a jinx for OU! ....... were for them this p.m., & they lost?
.....maybe next week!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
kansashusker
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdairMD

I have never seen a worse officiated game in a while.
I agree-it was very bad offifiating. Instant replay is supposed to get the calls right--but seems they miss a lot of them. Maybe they should have just left everything alone. Of course, my team lost tonight--but I really expected it to be worse (and it pains me to say that).
Old 09-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #6
NascarDuck3
Beer Bucket Regular

USC 28
HUSKERS 10

Feel betta ADAIRMD ? at least it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be ! I think Callahan was scared to pass against SC....this mornings paper is ALREADY chastizing him for running the ball ie: the good 'ol days

Oh well ! our VOLLEYBALL team is still un-defeated and #1 in the country
Old 09-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #7
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarDuck3
USC 28
HUSKERS 10

Feel betta ADAIRMD ?
No way, if there were any team, well, besides texas, in college football I wanted to see lose, it was usc. I can't stand ol' petey!

I was also glad to see "the best team in the nation" notre dame get slaughtered.

I was rooting for the Huskers.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
OkieAnon

Believe it or not Duck a lot of Sooner fans,,, myself included have cheered for Nebraska, I wanted them to win last night in fact. Some of the things we read about that USC has done would have gotten most any other school the death penalty.

the sports reports tonight said that Pac 10 officials were going to investigate what went wrong yesterday, I thought it interesting they said what went wrong not just investigate, sounds as if they are admitting they made mistakes, now they want to find out why.

it was a screwy weekend all around (if you believe the internet and home team reporters), visiting teams supposed to have a chance to practice at the stadium, when Ou got there the Ducks were still practicing and wouldn't leave so the Sooners went back to the motel and practiced in the parking lot.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #9
kansashusker
Super Ultra Member

It seems they've been investigating this stuff at USC for a long time and still nothing seems to be done. I thought it was interesting that the TV announcers for that game were talking about whether Pete Carroll would go to the NFL or stay at USC--if any sanctions are brought against USC I'm sure he'll go to the NFL--it's not the same recruiting for a team that is on probation and one that's not. A lot of teams that have been on probation took many years to recover and some of them never do. Of course, this is just my opinion.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #10
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansashusker
It seems they've been investigating this stuff at USC for a long time and still nothing seems to be done. I thought it was interesting that the TV announcers for that game were talking about whether Pete Carroll would go to the NFL or stay at USC--if any sanctions are brought against USC I'm sure he'll go to the NFL.
Nothing is going to happen to usc. I'm sure if something came up about notre dame, they wouldn't do anything to them. There are just some colleges that they won't mess with.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
OkieAnon

sports radio from OKC has the replay official's name and phone number and they keep calling up his voice mail and playing the theme from Mr. Magoo.... I know it's sick, warped yet funny.

Mercy, this would almost be funny if it hadn't cost us the game... more is coming out about the now infamous replay official.

Gordon Riese

1982 --- part of the officiating crew that was on the field during the Cal - Stanford game... you remember that one, where the band ran on the field and all those laterals on the kick off return with the tuba player getting plastered in the end zone.

2002-- made some bad calls that started a riot in a game

2004-- made a bad call on a fumble recovery that led to USC beating UCLA, after that call he was moved to the replay booth.

Last edited by OkieAnon; 09-18-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #12
Southern_Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarDuck3
USC 28
HUSKERS 10

Just be thankin' the Good Lord you weren't in Arkansas' shoes... USC beat us 50-14 in week 1 this year and 70-17 week 1 last year.

--Tabatha
Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #13
NascarDuck3
Beer Bucket Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Belle
Just be thankin' the Good Lord you weren't in Arkansas' shoes... USC beat us 50-14 in week 1 this year and 70-17 week 1 last year.

--Tabatha

I am thankin' the Good Lord that we did'nt get slaughtered as bad as I thought we would. EVERYONE....i don't HATE the Sooners, but they used to be our arch nemisis in the 70's & 80's everyone here in Neb. USED to hate 'em but now we would much rather see Colorado ger STOMPED every weekend. Sure wish we could play the Sooners more often,personally...i think that was one of the BEST rivalaries in college football

and BTW....the Sooner Boomers are gonna kick my butt in fanatsy football this weekend ! I've only got Pittsburgh's Def tonight and they AINT GONNA score me no 37 pts ! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #14
kansashusker
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdairMD
Nothing is going to happen to usc. I'm sure if something came up about notre dame, they wouldn't do anything to them. There are just some colleges that they won't mess with.
You are right--guess that's just the way it is.

Closed Thread