1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #16
ozarksportsgal
Ultra Member

When we took my mom to see Andy, his Christmas show, we ended up on the back row.

She had COPD, on oxygen. We used a wheel chair for mobility purposes.

We were placed on the backrow. AND her ticket was comped.

I was told as long as I was purchasing tickets for my husband and myself, they would comp her ticket.

That was about five years ago or so
Old 11-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
You couldn't sell $60 tickets year round, but to keep the ticket price down to $60 an entertainer would have to be headquartered in Branson. Kind of opposite directions there Trav.
Secondly, today's top entertainers are not about to "headquarter" in Branson. Even in it's heyday, Branson didn't bring in the top entertainers of the time to open a theater, or be headquartered there. More of the Branson, or retirement entertainers.
I think it is a crazy dream to think he would ever come, but I was thinking of someone like George Strait. He has announced his intention to stop touring in the near future, and he could offer a short season at the theater and build a nice studio in Branson for his recording work. I agree, no one who currently fills arenas and INTENDS to keep touring would be interested. It would take a special situation.

Good Times in Branson
Old 11-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
I think it is a crazy dream to think he would ever come, but I was thinking of someone like George Strait. He has announced his intention to stop touring in the near future, and he could offer a short season at the theater and build a nice studio in Branson for his recording work. I agree, no one who currently fills arenas and INTENDS to keep touring would be interested. It would take a special situation.
The Branson Events Centre - Formally known as the Tri-Lakes Theatre and Mel Tillis's Creation would be the place for GS. Plenty of room and existing facilities

However, it has a capacity of 2665, and high running costs - Air/Heat as well as staffing.

Given the fact that GS and other similar Entertainers fill Arenas at triple the price of a ticket in Branson, I doubt he will think of coming to Branson anytime soon.....if ever.

Coach Man.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Man View Post
The Branson Events Centre - Formally known as the Tri-Lakes Theatre and Mel Tillis's Creation would be the place for GS. Plenty of room and existing facilities

However, it has a capacity of 2665, and high running costs - Air/Heat as well as staffing.

Given the fact that GS and other similar Entertainers fill Arenas at triple the price of a ticket in Branson, I doubt he will think of coming to Branson anytime soon.....if ever.

Coach Man.
Yes... BUT... he has announced his intention to stop touring and concentrate on studio work. That might make a difference.

Do you know if he golfs or fishes??

Good Times in Branson
Old 11-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
MLM

Limited season

Quote: "You probably couldn't sell $60 tickets in Branson for a year-round show, but you could follow the "Andy model" with the star performer having a relatively limited season and fill in the rest of the year with lesser acts at a lower price."

You can absolutely do an "Andy" model for a limited run, but filling in with "lesser" acts only works if the cost of running them is less than the revenue they produce. That's the issue-- Moon River is an expensive place to run, and it may well be more economical for them to just shut it down except for very limited runs. And honestly, though admittedly I have a vested interest, I'm not sure a bunch of limited runs that play only during prime season is all that good for Branson. The town needs to be viable April through December to support itself. That's why full-run shows are important. If everyone runs just during the prime season, pretty soon the tourist season will shrink until it's only a couple of months long. And though tourists do come for other things (lakes, etc.), it's the shows that drive the town's economy.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #21
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

The only "handicap" seating at the MRT is at the top of the upper level. That is the only place you can get to without having to go up and down a ton of stairs. There is a ramp that goes up there.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #22
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
The only "handicap" seating at the MRT is at the top of the upper level. That is the only place you can get to without having to go up and down a ton of stairs. There is a ramp that goes up there.
Yes, I forgot that for the central entry-aisle you have to go down about 5 steps before entering the auditorium. Too bad they couldn't rip out those stairs and make it a ramp.

Good Times in Branson
Old 11-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #23
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Yes, I forgot that for the central entry-aisle you have to go down about 5 steps before entering the auditorium. Too bad they couldn't rip out those stairs and make it a ramp.
Actually there's more than that when you count the stairs down from the box office. That's about 5. Then there's a good 7-10 from the lower lobby area to the mid-level door. The ONLY way you get away from stairs in that theatre is to enter on the box office level and then take the ramp up to the handicapped seating.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Actually there's more than that when you count the stairs down from the box office. That's about 5. Then there's a good 7-10 from the lower lobby area to the mid-level door. The ONLY way you get away from stairs in that theatre is to enter on the box office level and then take the ramp up to the handicapped seating.
Oh... I though that there was that "side entrance" coming in from the area of the parking lot/Moon River Grill that didn't involve steps until just outside the auditorium, but I may be remembering wrong. I know you can't get to the box office/concessions area from there without going up steps, but figured someone with you could always do that.

Good Times in Branson
Old 11-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Jqh????????
Old 11-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #26
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
Jqh????????
John Q Hammons Arena on the Missouri State campus in Springfield.

Good Times in Branson
Old 11-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #27
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

I think Moon River Theater is a beautiful venue, but also a rather confusing one with the variety of entrances on a variety of levels. Given that most of the audience was elderly (I'm putting myself in that category) it's not always user friendly. I also think the parking lot is an accident waiting to happen for anyone who's there. It was designed more for the aesthetic appeal rather than ease of use by audience members. As for George Strait, by the time he makes his way there his fans will be quite elderly and people their grandchildren's ages will ask "George who?"
Old 11-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #28
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
As for George Strait, by the time he makes his way there his fans will be quite elderly and people their grandchildren's ages will ask "George who?"
Well, when you look at it that way it puts him in the "Branson or retirement" category! Hasn't that been the case with many of the big name entertainers who opened theaters in Branson?
When Roy Clark, Ray Stevens, Charlie Pride, Andy, Jim Stafford, Tony Orlando, Moe Bandy, and many others opened theaters in Branson they weren't exactly top of the charts entertainers any more. Great entertainers yes, but the top of the "industry" was being taken over by Garth, Tim, Brooks & Dunn, Dixie Chicks, Martina, Shania, and others.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #29
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

I have no problem with George showing up at that stage of his life and mine. I'll be more than glad to see him in concert in Branson. I've seen many entertainers I never thought I'd see in Branson after their careers had peaked (Andy Williams, Fabian, Lee Greenwood, etc). It's just that it takes a while for them to arrive here.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #30
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
I have no problem with George showing up at that stage of his life and mine. I'll be more than glad to see him in concert in Branson. I've seen many entertainers I never thought I'd see in Branson after their careers had peaked (Andy Williams, Fabian, Lee Greenwood, etc). It's just that it takes a while for them to arrive here.
Yes, I've enjoyed shows in Branson that were never really the top names in the business even during their time. An example is Paul Revere and the Raiders. When they appeared with Bill Medley I thought they were one of the most fun shows I'd ever seen in Branson!

Good Times in Branson

Closed Thread