1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 12:19 PM   #1
BransonForBday

Question What Shows for 2 adults who like...

Hubby and I are going to Branson in early September. We don't know how many nights we'll be staying as we are just hitting the road for 10-14 days with no specific plans in mind (other than Branson).

We enjoy music from 60s and 70s, hubby loves John Wayne (so we'll probably go to that show). We love good comedy (just nothing vulgar please). We would enjoy dinner shows providing they are unique experiences (such as a hoe down, etc).

We don't enjoy an over abundance of country, blues/jazz. I'd love to go to a great acappela show (not all barbershop though).

Also, I don't know whether we can buy tickets in advance since we may not know when we'll be arriving and departing.

Oh and lastly, any suggestions regarding hotels, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...I'm very excited as this is our 40th birthday celebration!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:34 PM   #2
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

not too country or jazzy :o)

If you want music and comedy.....

1. Ray Stevens........SUPERB...not country.
2. Andy Williams.......SUPERB...not country.
3. Jason Petty as Hank Williams at the Majestic...(we loved the history/traditional/show)..traditional country
4. Baldknobbers and/or the Preselys.....good comedy(silly stuff) and family fun, and great music. Gospel and country.

5. Check the website, at GrandPalace.com or look at the marqee(I caint spelt thet).....when you arrive...see who the BIG star is that week or weekend.

6. The Branson Belle for a dinner on the lake with a cute show...sorta variety of everything.

7. The Hughs Bros and the Osmonds on the same stage at the Hughs Bros theater.....really wonderful. Sorta gospel/country/pop.....mixtures of family voices that blend so well.

8. If you like family participation shows.....Mothers Fathers and Children...all talented, check out the Haygoods, and the Duttons......amazing talent here. All kinds of music...

I could go on forever?...........lol...lots of great entertainment.

And welcome to the board.......this is a really neat place

Last edited by Cheesecake; 08-22-2004 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

Comedy - Paul Harris or Yakov

Music and comedy - Presleys, Pierce Arrow, Bladknobbers.

Nice motel- Southern Oaks on Shepherd Of The Hills.

Others would be Mickey Gilley, Duttons, Osmonds, Ray Stevens.

Enjoy!!

How did I forget Shoji Tabuchi. Great show.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
Branson Mom
Just me

How fun!!! Happy Birthday!

I'd suggest

#1 Hits of the 60's and Stuck on the 70's, both are excellent shows and a lot of fun!! For comedy, I'd suggest Paul Harris. As for a unique dinner show, we have no hoe downs, but Dixie Stampede can be a lot of fun!! Can't think of any acappela groups, but the Osmonds and Haygoods have some very good harmonies, as do the Brett Family.

In most case you don't have to purchase tickets until you get here. The earlier you reserve your seats, the better seats you'll get, but there should be plenty of available seats when you get here. As for hotels, we used to stay at Howard Johnson's, when we visited, which is nice and clean. I've also heard good things about Branson's Best and Fall Creek Inn. If you look in the lodging section of the board, you should find a lot of helpful information.

Have a great time and welcome to the board!!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:52 PM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Talking how could I have forgotten jakwi?

Mickey Gilley is my favorite show of all time...on that list I typed....its

A 1......all that good easy listening music, that is pop music of the past to the present......and really not country to me.

But, my COUNTRY hubby.......loves Mickey too.

He has a good restaurant and bar next to the theater...great Margaritas....even blue ones....lol.

The only place Ive stayed, is last fall a buddy from this board and I stayed uptop the Radisson Hotel.....overlooking Andy's parkinglot and 76 blvd.......room service.... and great other amenities.

The rest of my trips are day trips.

mickeymickeymickey.......jakwi....thanks for not letting me get by with the faux pax.....ekkkkkk.

Old 08-23-2004, 06:12 AM   #6
showtime

I would recommend the Magnificent 7 show. They offer a great dinner before the show. The show has a lot of variety. Not much country. And the comedian (Mike Bliss) that does the preshow and some comedy in the show is great! I know that Mike was voted best variety act of the year for 2004 and Amanda was voted young entertainer of the year for 2002,2003 and 2004.

Have a great trip!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:14 AM   #7
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

For good clean comedy, I highly recommend the Tom Mullica Show, A Tribute to Red Skelton. We absolutely enjoyed this show. My hubby, my nephew and I laughed all the way through. It is like seeing Red on stage again.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:32 AM   #8
Branson Mom
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime
I would recommend the Magnificent 7 show. They offer a great dinner before the show. The show has a lot of variety. Not much country. And the comedian (Mike Bliss) that does the preshow and some comedy in the show is great! I know that Mike was voted best variety act of the year for 2004 and Amanda was voted young entertainer of the year for 2002,2003 and 2004.

Have a great trip!
I agree! Magnificent 7 is wonderful!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:34 AM   #9
deano

Thumbs up Cirque

If you want to see something really different, check out Cirque a the Remington Theatre. You won't regret this choice, and you'll be talking about it for a long time. 5 Stars for this show.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:39 AM   #10
Trixie LaRue

If you like '70s, I would suggest Stuck on the '70s at the Americana Theatre. They have a great band and do an acoustic segment in their show.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:45 AM   #11
OkieAnon

comedy -- Yakov or Ray Stevens

acappela-- Chapter 6 at Silver Dollar City

all around music and comedy -- Mickey Gilley

www.thegrandpalace.com -- super star lineup and Cirque schedule for grand palace and Remington theater.

Motels -- Palace Inn, Radisson, Grand Oaks, Comfort Inn, Comfort Inn and Suites.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:36 AM   #12
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

Oh yeah on the 70's show, don't see That 70's Music Show, it is a waste of money, from what I understand Stuck on the 70's is much better.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #13
Double Mom
Packer Fan

For comedy I'd go with Yakov or Paul Harris
For comedy with music I like Pierce Arrow
I went to Stuck on the 70's Show last year and enjoyed that show.
Branson has so many great shows, so enjoy your trip & welcome to the board!!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:43 PM   #14
KJN
Super Ultra Member

For comedy we like Paul Harris (very funny man with a good show) and Yakov, whom we saw for the first time this summer. He's very good and had an almost full house.
Other favorite shows of ours are The Haygoods, Presleys, and Shoji.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:49 AM   #15
bransonman02

For really really great Country with some comedy, I would advise Country Tonite. Very very good show, lots of Country,Comedy,and Gospel. They have good cloggers as well.

For really really good Comedy, then you will NOT want to miss Ray Stevens.

Robby

Closed Thread