1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Burlington, IA
Posts: 1,146
Shows We Saw This Visit

Our first show was Melody Hart and Family at Jackie B Goode's during dinner. Enjoyed every minute. The boys are definitely making a name for themselves. Next night we had tickets for Grand Jubilee and Branson County USA. Both were good. In my opinion New South was the best I've ever heard them. I noted a change of direction in some of the music selections, but that's bound to happen. I will add though that I was disappointed to not hear more of the Statler's, Alabama and the Gatlin's. These 4 guys are every bit as good as the originals.

Saturday night we were supposed to see Gene Watson, but bronchitis forced him to cancel. That was a huge disappointment, because he was the main reason we came at this time. I was so relieved to hear it was bronchitis, rather than something more severe, but I certainly hope he recovers. Get well, Gene!!!

With time to spare we decided to see Reza. Glad we used the 2 For 1 ticket outlet for it because despite the huge boisterous crowd we weren't impressed and left at the intermission. We'd recently seen an illusionist in our hometown whose show was more cohesive. In our opinion, this one has a ways to go to be considered a cohesive, well-performed production. Lots of hoopla and sound and special effects do not necessarily make for an entertaining experience.

Tried to attend Larry Allred's "What 4" at Sips in Branson Meadows Mall. We had a reservation as advised, but the overworked bartender could not handle the crowd, and with only one person in the kitchen, we decided it was time to cut them some slack so we left.

More observations after the next two shows.
Branson Junkie is offline  
Old 10-17-2021, 08:38 AM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
Our first show was Melody Hart and Family at Jackie B Goode's during dinner. Enjoyed every minute. The boys are definitely making a name for themselves. Next night we had tickets for Grand Jubilee and Branson County USA. Both were good. In my opinion New South was the best I've ever heard them. I noted a change of direction in some of the music selections, but that's bound to happen. I will add though that I was disappointed to not hear more of the Statler's, Alabama and the Gatlin's. These 4 guys are every bit as good as the originals.

Saturday night we were supposed to see Gene Watson, but bronchitis forced him to cancel. That was a huge disappointment, because he was the main reason we came at this time. I was so relieved to hear it was bronchitis, rather than something more severe, but I certainly hope he recovers. Get well, Gene!!!

With time to spare we decided to see Reza. Glad we used the 2 For 1 ticket outlet for it because despite the huge boisterous crowd we weren't impressed and left at the intermission. We'd recently seen an illusionist in our hometown whose show was more cohesive. In our opinion, this one has a ways to go to be considered a cohesive, well-performed production. Lots of hoopla and sound and special effects do not necessarily make for an entertaining experience.

Tried to attend Larry Allred's "What 4" at Sips in Branson Meadows Mall. We had a reservation as advised, but the overworked bartender could not handle the crowd, and with only one person in the kitchen, we decided it was time to cut them some slack so we left.

More observations after the next two shows.
Great review.. Melody and her family are great people and great entertainers, the boys are amazing, no doubt 2 nd generation Branson all the way..

The Grand Country bunch do a great job, good thing about the Jubille show, IF for some reason your dont "like" the song selection, It will be different next year. Mike does and almost new show every year.

Been to see REZA, coudnt agre more with you, he does a good job when he is "working", but with all the talking and video and effects, and long halftime, just not much of a show... last time we went I figured about 65 minutes of entertainment out of 2 hours.. They spend a lot of time trying to sell extras.. too bad, he is good at what he does.

Larry Allred, WE LOVE Larry, he always has a very entertaing show on sat afternoon, he drawsa a large crowd, I dont know why the place he plays cant or wont have people on hand to handle his crowd! I have seen it before, too bad for Larry bcause it reflects on him, BUT not his fault.. Love that guy, he is a hoot. He is the Bass player at Grand Country also, great comedian..

anxious to read the rest of your reviews.
__________________
Just another Day..
sanddunerider is offline  
Old 10-17-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
KJN
Super Ultra Member
 
KJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: central Iowa
Posts: 5,027
It's disappointing to have a show cancelled. We saw Melody Hart family in July at the Little Opry Theater. We LOVED it! I wish they'd record a DVD (maybe like at Grand Country when no one is there and theater is empty)of their show. I'd buy it for sure! We bought Dillon's CD.

Grand Jubilee is one of our favorite shows. New South is great.
KJN is offline  
Old 10-17-2021, 09:18 PM   #4
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Burlington, IA
Posts: 1,146
Our Sunday night show was Ozark Country at the Grand Music Hall. Another great one for sure. We were seeing it for the first time and very pleased. Lots of new faces in the band, but they were excellent. We were especially excited to learn all the history of the cast, with Tammy and Tanya having traveled with Mel Tillis and Todd Brumley being the son of Tom Brumley. I always thought Tom Brumley was one of the best steel players, and tonight's rendition of "Together Again" would have made him proud, especially the steel guitar. Loved seeing Droopy Drawers again too, and we enjoyed Garrett's solo. Those Massingale's(my apologies if I misspelled the name) are everywhere.

This is a show we'll see again.
Branson Junkie is offline  
Old 10-17-2021, 09:26 PM   #5
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Burlington, IA
Posts: 1,146
Forgot to mention the male singer in tonight's Ozark Country. It's Kimberley Barber's husband, but I can't remember his first name. He was a great addition to the show also.

One question though - what is Kimberley doing after leaving the Presleys?
Branson Junkie is offline  
Old 10-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #6
DalmatianDad
aka - DD
 
DalmatianDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 13,417
excellent reviews..................Just curious, are the shows still doing the "social distancing thing?"
DalmatianDad is offline  
Old 10-18-2021, 08:06 PM   #7
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Burlington, IA
Posts: 1,146
No social distancing in any of the shows we've seen.
Branson Junkie is offline  
Old 10-19-2021, 06:39 AM   #8
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
Forgot to mention the male singer in tonight's Ozark Country. It's Kimberley Barber's husband, but I can't remember his first name. He was a great addition to the show also.

One question though - what is Kimberley doing after leaving the Presleys?
I think it's Mel Barber. Saw Kimberly one night on Branson Country USA TV show. Was mentioned she was no longer "busy" but nothing was said about what she was doing or was going to be doing.
biscuitcreek is offline  
Old 10-19-2021, 10:36 AM   #9
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJN View Post
It's disappointing to have a show cancelled. We saw Melody Hart family in July at the Little Opry Theater. We LOVED it! I wish they'd record a DVD (maybe like at Grand Country when no one is there and theater is empty)of their show. I'd buy it for sure! We bought Dillon's CD.

Grand Jubilee is one of our favorite shows. New South is great.
Actually their show at Little Opry was not "cancelled" they were hired to fill a lsot that was empty for the summer. when that "contract" was over, the show ended..
They are actively looking for another place for the famile to do their show..
__________________
Just another Day..
sanddunerider is offline  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:05 PM   #10
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Burlington, IA
Posts: 1,146
Last two shows were good ones - in my opinion the best we saw.

This AM we were at Down Home Country. I'm a traditional country music lover so this show is great. Duets and singles by Melody and Jamee were all great, and the individual band members who sang were also good - Larry, Robbie, Chad and piano player. Everyone is so talented it's amazing. Jared, the comedian, is also one of a kind. Some long time things, but also some new ones.

Tonight we saw the Presley's, and wow!! Lots of new stuff there, but all top notch. Originally, I was not a big Ambrus fan, but her performances always give me chills. She sings with so much passion. Also liked all the band members performing like never before. Jay and Davonna were good as usual. Seemed like Cecil is really stepping up to take the lead with the comedy. Great routines. Some I'd seen parts of before, but others were new.

It was all great. Interesting that 2 different couples sitting beside and in front of me were seeing the show for the first time. Neither knew anything about it prior to the show but were very pleased with the performance.

Pretty good crowd at the Presleys' - no social distancing at either show.
Branson Junkie is offline  
Old 10-21-2021, 02:13 PM   #11
KJN
Super Ultra Member
 
KJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: central Iowa
Posts: 5,027
I knew Melody's show wasn't cancelled. I was referring to the Gene Watson show, I just threw in my comments of my love of Melody's show.
KJN is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 07:38 AM   #12
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
Last two shows were good ones - in my opinion the best we saw.

This AM we were at Down Home Country. I'm a traditional country music lover so this show is great. Duets and singles by Melody and Jamee were all great, and the individual band members who sang were also good - Larry, Robbie, Chad and piano player. Everyone is so talented it's amazing. Jared, the comedian, is also one of a kind. Some long time things, but also some new ones.

Tonight we saw the Presley's, and wow!! Lots of new stuff there, but all top notch. Originally, I was not a big Ambrus fan, but her performances always give me chills. She sings with so much passion. Also liked all the band members performing like never before. Jay and Davonna were good as usual. Seemed like Cecil is really stepping up to take the lead with the comedy. Great routines. Some I'd seen parts of before, but others were new.

It was all great. Interesting that 2 different couples sitting beside and in front of me were seeing the show for the first time. Neither knew anything about it prior to the show but were very pleased with the performance.

Pretty good crowd at the Presleys' - no social distancing at either show.
Yes, IF you are a good old country fan.. no doubt Down Home Country is the best show in town.
__________________
Just another Day..
sanddunerider is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visit wwgang Branson Attractions 0 11-15-2019 02:44 PM
What to see during visit 9/15 to 9/19? 1stxin75 Just for Chit Chat 3 09-10-2016 08:31 PM
Best day to visit SDC? teacherme Branson Attractions 2 05-11-2013 07:19 PM
SDC best day to visit? Razberryt Branson Attractions 2 10-08-2010 08:14 AM
1st visit masterchief 1Branson.com Welcome & Board How-to's 4 07-12-2008 01:18 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:11 AM.


--