1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #1
MikeB

Farmhouse Restaurant

I have seen threads that mention Farmhouse restaurant and there seems to be a favorable response. The only time that we went there the food was just ok, and the waitress was only fair, in fact she really had more of a don't give a ____ attitude. But the main reason that we didn't want to go back was because of a waitress that was using a cap gun and shooting customers in the head! With kids around that's a bad, sick example of fun! Is this nut still there?

By the way I believe in gun ownership, have 4 of my own, so lets not go there.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:58 AM   #2
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Not a problem Mike.

We have tried the Farmhouse -- the main thing that they have that is very good is their cobblers which are great after the shows. As far as meals and breakfast buffet - - - we will take the Branson Cafe over them twofold. I know people have had some pretty bad things to say about the Branson Cafe over the last year, but we have always had a good meal there. I know one of the waitresses was going through some pretty nasty personal stuff there for a while and I'm sure some people may have caught her on a bad day -- but the last time we were there in November, she was on top of the world. Things were working out just fine. Bless her heart - my hubby was back at the cabin with a bad leg (back started hurting on the way down) and I got an order of ham and beans to take back to him -- she put in extra cornbread, butter and even an extra slice of red onion to go with them. He was in 7th heaven when I got back to the cabin.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
kewlkate

farm house

We stop at the Farm House Restaurant each time we are in Branson and have NEVER had a bad meal. If you like down home cooked meals, it's the place to go. As far as the waitress that shoots someone with a cap gun. My understanding is, it is basically "men" they shoot, and it's men who go to the salad bar and get crackers and they have not actually ordered a salad. It's just a JOKE. They shoot the men in the forehead and then put a red sticker on them that says "I've been shot". It looked like to me that the many men that got shot last time we were there "ENJOYED" it, and so did everyone else watching. It was quite comical. As far as service we have ALWAYS had good service. Some think it's "slow" sometimes, but really it depends on what you order. I am one to order fried chicken, which does take a little longer.......... I just sit back and RELAX and wait because when it finally arrives I know how great it's going to be to sit there and eat chicken that is FRESH and has just been fried and not sitting around all day. To each his own..... but I'd sure give it another try if I were you!
Old 06-04-2003, 04:18 PM   #4
MikeB

I'm glad you described it the way you did, your right, to each his own. But this way parents can read this and make thier own decision to go there or not. I'll get my fresh chicken somewhere else.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:19 PM   #5
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Well if it's fried chicken you want --

Go to the Shack just around the corner. They have the best fried chicken in the downtown area.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:28 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

Mike -

I'm glad you mentioned this - I had Farmhouse on my list of places to try - it's scratched out now -

I'm with you - we've got a handgun for every member of our household, plus a few, and rifles, bb guns, shotguns, ... probably a few cap guns around too - and NONE of them are pointed at anyone, at any time, for any reason - they might think it's funny, but in todays world, there is nothing funny about pointing a gun at someones head and pulling the trigger - whether it's a cap gun or not. I don't care if the men being shot enjoy it, or if the waitress thinks it's fun.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:10 PM   #7
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

The Shack has very generous servings, too.

Suselit
Old 06-04-2003, 10:08 PM   #8
Bransonfan
Super Ultra Member

I go to the Farmhouse for the blackberry cobbler. I have been there many times and I have never seen anyone point a capgun at anyone, in fact I have never seen a capgun. Maybe its just done at certain times? I agree that it is not something I would want one of my grandchildren to see. One more thing. Anyone know the purpose of the waitess doing this?
Old 06-05-2003, 09:09 AM   #9
kewlkate

The reason

I may be totally wrong, but the REASON for the "fake shooting" from what I understood when I was there was people who would go to the salad bar and take crackers (or other things) that had NOT ordered salad.

I hate to see people DOG this place just because of this. Perhaps maybe you should voice your opinion to the RIGHT place, such as The Farmhouse itself. Maybe if they knew there were people who were distraught over this they would stop.

I for one don't believe in pointing a gun to peoples heads either BUT I also know what is "right" and what is "wrong" and can distinguish between the two. Are you going to quit going to Shepard of the Hills Play as well? There are scenes in there that "in todays world" maybe some shouldn't see, OR when at Silver Dollar City they have "gun fights"????? The list goes on and on..........................
Old 06-05-2003, 12:22 PM   #10
kewlkate

ALSO........re: shooting

I need to add that I actually didn't see them put a FAKE gun to anyone's head. I "heard" a shot (from a cap gun) and then saw them put a sticker that said "I've been shot" on the persons head. I don't want to mislead anyone here.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:07 AM   #11
MikeB

Well kewlkate I did see her point the gun and I did voice my concern. Many (not all ) of the people around me were not happy with it either. Some guest didn't like the noise and others were reminding thier kids that's not the right thing to do and that it was a bad example. As far as knowing right from wrong, of coarse the adults knew better, what adult doesn't? It was the young kids that I was talking about, I guess you missed that point.

Why not make them wear a funny hat or something instead of shooting them with a gun?

Branson is a Family Values kind of place and this didn't seem to fit in and I wanted to let others know before they go.

You seem to be a strong voice for Farmhouse and support what they do. Humm..........................
Old 06-06-2003, 09:17 AM   #12
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

OK -- time to call a truce!

Ok gang. I think all opinions have been expressed here and time to call a truce!

Time to start playing nice again.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:20 AM   #13
OkieAnon

Mike...
glad that you posted this information, this is the kind of thing I like to know in advance of going into a restaurant.

when the service is slow, i've been know to pick up a package of crackers to nibble on... don't think I would have enjoyed the cap gun sticker thing.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:20 AM   #14
MikeB

Done, I'm on my way to Branson this afternoon for a week.

Later......
Old 06-06-2003, 09:48 AM   #15
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Mike -- Have a Great Time!

Wish we were headed that way, but alas, have to wait until August.

Have a great time and post when you return.

Closed Thread