1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 06:55 PM   #1
Marissa'sMom

Question about attire to PM Shows

Hello, I am new to the board and had a question about what to wear to a night time show. I haven't visited Branson in about 18 years..I am sure alot has changed since then. I am visiting with my husband and children and mother in law. I wanted to know if it is more "dressy" atire for the nighttime shows. I would hate to be wearing jeans and everyone else dressed up..or vice versa. I am looking forward to to seeing all of the changes. We will be staying at the Grand Country Hotel..(I think that is the name) has anyone stayed there? Any info would be appreciated.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:21 PM   #2
das

Casual and comfortable is the best way to go.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:21 PM   #3
fritzie

You will see everything at the evening shows from torn jeans and dirty t-shirt to evening dresses and suits and tie.

Come as you please and enjoy the show.

As to your hotel. can you be a little more specific as there are various with the name "Grand" in them?
Old 10-24-2004, 07:31 PM   #4
Marissa'sMom

The name of the hotel is The Grand Country Square Water Park Resort..at least that is what the web site says. I picked it because of the indoor water park and the Grand Jubilee Show.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:33 PM   #5
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

I almost always wear jeans to all of the shows--morning to night. It's a resort town--be comfortable.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:18 PM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Welcome to the Board, Marissa'sMom. Glad you found us.

Some Shows, like Legends in Concert, and the Shows at the Branson Variety Theatre and Dixie Stampede to name some, offer photos taken with the Stars before the Show. So if you wish to take advantage of that, you might dress up a bit more. The photos are usually ready for you by Intermission.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #7
Marissa'sMom

Thanks Suselit! That really helps..Here is another question. I am sure this has been asked a thousand times but where is the best place to get discount tickets. I looked on Missouri Bargains and Big River for tickets to the Grand Jubilee and there arent any. This is the show that I want to see because there are a couple of old friends performing in it. And also could someone recommend something for my husband who is not that big of a country music fan, but has agreed to come for me.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

You are sure welcome. We like to help one another here.

If it were me, and I already had reservations at the Grand Country Inn, I would call and ask if they had a deal on Grand Country Theatre tickets for people who stay at their Inn. In the past they have had special prices that included lodging, show and buffet.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 PM   #9
DKA

Ray Stevens, Andy Williams and Jim Stafford are just three that aren't all country. I am sure someone will tell you of others.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:11 PM   #10
Don D
"Smilin Don"

Location: Fort Smith,Ar. 60 Mi.So. of UofA Campus. 3hr drive to Branson.
Dress Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa'sMom
Hello, I am new to the board and had a question about what to wear to a night time show. I haven't visited Branson in about 18 years..I am sure alot has changed since then. I am visiting with my husband and children and mother in law. I wanted to know if it is more "dressy" atire for the nighttime shows. I would hate to be wearing jeans and everyone else dressed up..or vice versa. I am looking forward to to seeing all of the changes. We will be staying at the Grand Country Hotel..(I think that is the name) has anyone stayed there? Any info would be appreciated.
Just a little bit more liberal than dressing for church these day's.
Don...
Old 10-24-2004, 10:30 PM   #11
Mary R.

Great Place to stay

Your staying at a great place that kids love. We have stayed there a few times and the kids love it. When we stayed there this year we were able to get tickets to one of their shows free. I'm not sure if that was a special we just happened to get for that weekend or not. You might ask if they have any specials going on like that. Another thing my kids thought funny was while eating at the buffet, set where you can see the picture of the old women and man. All the sudden they start talking.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:30 AM   #12
engel
Super Ultra Member

Smile

Your hubby would enjoy Paul Harris, even if he doesn't like country music; also, Spirit of the Dance, Acrobats of China, and I'm sure there are others.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:06 AM   #13
Don Baker Sr
Super Ultra Member

It's kinda chilly this time of the year, so wear clothes.
________
Amc cavalier specifications

Last edited by Don Baker Sr; 02-10-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:55 AM   #14
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baker Sr
It's kinda chilly this time of the year, so wear clothes.
shoot... that takes all the fun out of it
Old 10-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #15
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Pack for 2 seasons- warm and cooler. During the day it might get nice and warm even in the upper 70's but evenings are much cooler (especially near any water) and you'll want a sweater, sweatshirt, jacket something! I usually over pack when I travel trying to pack for all weather conditions. But if I forget something and the weather changes drastically -- I just GO SHOPPING!!!!!!!

Vickie

Closed Thread